Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot Log In , sometimes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cannot Log In , sometimes

    It seems that when my mobile broadband signal is weak , I cannot log in . Does somebody know if this is the reason , or there is another reason for that ?

  • #2
    Wow... You are asking a question on a topic I am not very comfortable with. I often have to rely on any of my boys (respectively 9 and 16 y.o) for solutions to VERY simple technical troubles. Even my 4 years old daughter gave me a snide look the other day while I was struggling with a tablet, with what appeared as being a minor issue.

    Nevertheless, I think that to access the forum from a mobile, it would be better to have a 3G connection. Don't ask me what it means, I am not sure of the answer myself but believe that if your signal is weak, it's not 3G.
    Now... where are Sergei, El_Goretto and all the others who look less of a dinosaur than me?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by marcus View Post
      It seems that when my mobile broadband signal is weak , I cannot log in . Does somebody know if this is the reason , or there is another reason for that ?
      What happens exactly? You cannot log in to this forum only or all websites are down?

      Comment


      • #4
        I thnk that is probably the reason, yes, because I have the same problem. I think the connection speed is sometimes not sufficient to process the log-in correctly. It happens to me when I'm trying to log-in to yahoo sometimes, too.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

        The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by atlantis View Post
          ... Nevertheless, I think that to access the forum from a mobile, it would be better to have a 3G connection. Don't ask me what it means, I am not sure of the answer myself but believe that if your signal is weak, it's not 3G...
          It is the 3G mobile broadband modem (or as the manufacturer named it , a 3.5G USB Modem) I am using , and the signal strength is dependent on how far we are from the operator antennas and other factors .

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
            What happens exactly? You cannot log in to this forum only or all websites are down?
            I can browse (and log in) all my other usual websites , but when I try to log in here , it quickly appears the page with the phrase "Thank you for log in , marcus" , but then it quickly returns to the normal page without logging in .
            Last edited by marcus; 27-03-13, 07:16.

            Comment


            • #7
              Gremlins.

              Comment


              • #8
                I've had that happen a few times. Sometimes if I hit the forum link, it then shows that I'm logged in.
                Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mister Bule View Post
                  (a) ... I think the connection speed is sometimes not sufficient to process the log-in correctly.

                  (b) It happens to me when I'm trying to log-in to yahoo sometimes, too.
                  (a) I guess it is not related to the speed , because the pages load quickly .

                  (b) I am not having problem with Yahoo , but yes , now I remember that Yahoo Mail was indeed the other website I could not log in some months ago , when the signal was even weaker then now .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm sorry, i really have no idea on top of my head.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My router is wired for my laptop and wireless wifi for my tablet. Currently since my wired network seems to have disappeared from my router and it seems nowhere to be found I have been using the wireless with the tablet.

                      When I log into this site, after log-in I normally have to click on the "if your page doesn't load" link to get it to load. If I open another tab it normally signs me out of this sight and I need to relog-in. Not a big problem.
                      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        No issues at all from Oz, wireless or ethernet connection ...
                        IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Many websites that require log-in verification can time out during that process if there's a bad connection.

                          if you always have that, it could be a peering issue (too technical to explain) and then there is not a lot you can do besides changing provider (and that's even without guarantee).

                          Also, the servers can simply be overloaded of course.

                          In your case I would also try a different browser (e.g. Chrome, IE).
                          [FONT=arial black]
                          [/FONT]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jstar View Post
                            Many websites that require log-in verification can time out during that process if there's a bad connection.

                            if you always have that, it could be a peering issue (too technical to explain) and then there is not a lot you can do besides changing provider (and that's even without guarantee).

                            Also, the servers can simply be overloaded of course.
                            In your case I would also try a different browser (e.g. Chrome, IE).
                            This was usually the reason for any login issues I had from within Indonesia, too many users not enough bandwidth
                            IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I had the very same problem on my Blackberry in Indonesia. But seems to work fine on other smartphones.

                              What phone do you use, marcus?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X