Banned IP Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned IP Address

I was using XL card, before logging in, I got this message "Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address". Why is this? What should I do? Thanks.

I've gotten that a couple of times. Both times at the Starbucks at Ngurah Rai Airport.

Comment

That suggests one of the legends spent the waiting time by trolling around...

Comment

Originally posted by sul1995 View Post
        I was using XL card, before logging in, I got this message "Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address". Why is this? What should I do? Thanks.
        From my observation, XL cards seem to share IPs among several cards which is a problem to us. When we ban spammers and trolls we also ban their IP if they tend not to get the message and try to return by creating one or several handles. We had in the past trolls who have tried to create as much as 20 usernames at different times, just to be able to spread their vitriol and hate against some members.

Would you please try to PM me the IP address which is banned and we will see who has been associated to it and see if we can unban it.
        Last edited by atlantis; 23-02-13, 09:10.

Comment

A good point though...

Originally posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
          I've gotten that a couple of times. Both times at the Starbucks at Ngurah Rai Airport.
          If these jokers start to play around at Hotspots and WiFi areas (J-Co, Coffee Bean, Starbucks, McD, etc. etc.) many places will become off limits. Why does the IP address take priority over user-id + password then? I can imagine the mods getting a warning of a 'suspicious' IP address but nowadays there are so many people en route using others' that it could become a real issue if all these are getting blocked.
          [FONT=arial black]
          [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by jstar View Post
            Why does the IP address take priority over user-id + password then?
            It doesn't. We ban handles. But if the guy keeps returning by creating several handles, we then have no other choice than to target the IP.

We have a good example just right now: http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...l=1#post315776

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
              Would you please try to PM me the IP address which is banned and we will see who has been associated to it and see if we can unban it.
              Thanks Atlantis, I have PM you already.

Comment

Originally posted by sul1995 View Post
                Hi whether your ip has been banned from any website then it mean you can't access that website with your ip address .Then here i list out some steps about how to get your ip unbanned from that site ...First send mail to them about why you have been banned from that sites ,sometime they might ban a range of ip address so if you sent any request they might respond to you ...Even then you are banned from that site then better change your network ip address ..If you are having dynamic ip address then you can easily change it just by resetting your modem .Else if you are having static ip address then you must have to inform your ISP to change it .After changing the ip address visit sites like Ip-Details.com to find your present network ip address ...Now try to use the same site which has banned you before sure you can access it without any issues .

Comment

Of course you can also try using a proxy. I'm not sure how anonymous browsing works, but you could give that a shot. I'm sure Sergei would have input.
                  Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Working...
                  X