closed/deleted thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• closed/deleted thread?

Just curious why the recent thread was closed/deleted ? "the what are you looking for in a GF" or something to those words.

Okay i know the similar topic has been talked about many times and not a topic for everyone and its a topic like many others such as religion etc should be closely watched so can be moderated.

But the OP is only asking a question, many Indonesians particular Indonesia girls are very interested in bule and there lifestyle etc and dream that they will marry bule etc

mick - this is the PM that was sent to the OP after the moderators considered the threads.

From the moderators

[COLOR=#333333]
    [COLOR=#333333]******** - the threads you started ("I am so attracted to bule" and the other one) have been deleted. The forum is not interested in hosting discussions that are based on the supposed preferences of one "racial" group" in relation to another "racial group". We want an environment that is open to all, without prejudices or stereotyping. And just in case it is relevant, this is not a dating site. Please read our [/COLOR]Posting Guidelines[COLOR=#333333].

Thanks

John Madden
    for the Moderators[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

Comment

well,i am sorry.. i made that thread just because i am soo curious and need some opinions from ppl here,i didn't mean to be racist or sth like that. i hope u guys understand

Comment

Well, if you want an opinion from an old lady who dated a lot of different guys when I was young and single (and unsuccessfully pursued several more) - desperation is not an attractive quality. It's an old fashioned saying, but there is some truth to the old joke: "He chased her until she caught him." If you act like you are absolutely dying of curiosity, desire to have a boyfriend no matter what, or anything else like that, you will tend to drive potential mates away.

Comment

mmm i think you guys in general do a real good job..but maybe this is taken it a little to far..but thats just my view.

Comment

IMHO, i would prefer the thread to be closed/deleted.

I see that there are a lot of members, including myself, that would "jump" in and that could be a bit harsh for the newbie.

My suggestion for the newbie, before you decide to post anything, test the water first. Comment on other people's thread before you decide to start a new one.

Another thing, this is an expat forum, there are a lot of bule hunters flying around here and if the MODs are not strict about it, this forum would end up to be a dating site for those hunting for foreigners.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.
            [COLOR=black]
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by arummaniez View Post
              well,i am sorry.. i made that thread just because i am soo curious and need some opinions from ppl here,i didn't mean to be racist or sth like that. i hope u guys understand
              @Arummaniez, I am bule, my wife indonesian, my wife was once like you..my advice is just to keep trying on dating sites if thats your dream, but be careful because i guess there is many bule just after a good time, just use your brain and be careful and listen to your heart because there is also good bule out there, maybe the good bule happy to take it slow and just email/chat lots first.

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by mick mentawai View Post
                @Arummaniez, I am bule, my wife indonesian, my wife was once like you..my advice is just to keep trying on dating sites if thats your dream,
                This is exactly what we try to promote. The expat forum is NOT a dating site and does NOT plan to become one.

Comment

Where is Pony? Haven't seen his/her writing for a long time...

Comment

Originally posted by arummaniez View Post
                    As it was you first post I reckon one of the Mods just gave a warning about racism, deleted the thread, and described their interpretation of the forum rules.
                    This was followed by another Mod, after the thread was re-opened and the original remarks were available, gave her opinion and justified it because she is an 'old woman'.

I wonder if the word 'consistant' is ever interpreted within the forum rules, or is an overemphasis to manipulate rules more favoured.

Funny how things are seen as being different by same folks at different times!!

I was also characterised as a 'raging racist' and punished by an infraction for a year for posting a joke, with racial overtones, which I later withdrew as some, mainly since banned members, found offensive.

I agree with Mick Mentawi and never considered the Op's post as racist. I do agree postings should not be permitted as a dating site but...has anyone dated from this forum.
                    I'd love to see Hombre and Dan kiss and make-up with Injun and Rabbit as best 'Men'...now there's a wedding I'd attend!!!

edit: If Waarmy would have me..... we could be bridesmaids
                    Last edited by Davita; 15-02-13, 13:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Davita View Post
                      As it was you first post I reckon one of the Mods just gave a warning about racism, deleted the thread, and described their interpretation of the forum rules.
                      This was followed by another Mod, after the thread was re-opened and the original remarks were available, gave her opinion and justified it because she is an 'old woman'.

I wonder if the word 'consistant' is ever interpreted within the forum rules, or is an overemphasis to manipulate rules more favoured.

Funny how things are seen as being different by same folks at different times!!

I was also characterised as a 'raging racist' and punished by an infraction for a year for posting a joke, with racial overtones, which I later withdrew as some, mainly since banned members, found offensive.

I agree with Mick Mentawi and never considered the Op's post as racist. I do agree postings should not be permitted as a dating site but...has anyone dated from this forum.
                      I'd love to see Hombre and Dan kiss and make-up with Injun and Rabbit as best 'Men'...now there's a wedding I'd attend!!!
                      Let me tell you how it plays here... you can put a thread finding BF/GF/'friends'/Date or such.. but Looking for BULE GF/BF is considered racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
                        Let me tell you how it plays here... you can put a thread finding BF/GF/'friends'/Date or such.. but Looking for BULE GF/BF is considered racist.
                        Wow! better tell Atlantis...we have a new volunteer mod!

Comment

Aren't I a nice girl?... *hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
                            Where is Pony? Haven't seen his/her writing for a long time...
                            Busy.

Though only 3 of them are viewable on the board by all users, he has written 52 posts since February 1st. Most are posts concerning moderation, submitted in the Moderation channel. This is why you don't see them. Each mods write a LOT of posts everyday in the moderation channel about various topics.

Since February 1st, I have written about 150 posts... but not even a third are viewable.

John Madden and Puspa are also VERY prolific. For the record, when Puspa has been promoted moderator, she had less than 2000 posts on her post count and John Madden had possibly 600 posts submitted... 10 months after they both added 2000 posts each, but here again not even a third are viewable on the public board.
                            Last edited by atlantis; 15-02-13, 14:13.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                              This is exactly what we try to promote. The expat forum is NOT a dating site and does NOT plan to become one.
                              I understand the notion that the Forum is not a dating site. There is no bright line, though, between a dating solicitation post or thread and the numerous similar entries by both Indonesians and non-Indonesians searching for or offering themselves for companionship, friendship, a meet-up for coffee, for clubbing, and for other social contacts and events. It seems to me that such posts are well within the boundaries of what this Forum is about -- facilitating entry into and enjoyment of life in Indonesia by providing information helpful and useful in fulfilling that objective. I mean, providing a means, a place for persons to meet socially would seem to fit the mold.

Perhaps young, maybe naive, maybe shallow, Indonesians infatuated with the caricature of the exotic foreigner posting "bule wanted" advertisements is a bit beyond the pale. Then again maybe not. It certainly goes with the territory and is part of the urban culture to which everyone will likely run across sooner or later. It is also more than possible that such posters have something to offer. If their inarticulate and unknowingly crass posts are deleted, their threads closed, we will probably never know. It might be more work, but suggesting an edit or making and explaining an edit might encourage such new members to stay around.

I would hope that the moderators would entertain some middle ground that allows social contact inquiry posts among young singles in the expat and local communities.

Comment

Working...
                              X