New Username

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Username

I'm considering a new username, so I'm soliciting your ideas. Even if I don't pick any of the suggestions, they can still give me an inspiration or two.

Thanks in advance.

A username is often something personal. I would advise you something which reflects your attachment to Indonesia and its people. To be honest Injun, you are often an example for some of our Indonesian members who see you as a torchbearer.
    Just don't pick a name such as "Father of the Nation" or "syek something", hey? It might give a poster or two here a heart attack.

Something that all Indonesians are proud of in their history or culture maybe? Ya... you would be manadonese I would have found you a bunch of possible username.

I would like to hear the suggestions of our Indonesian members. In fact your question is an interesting one.
    Last edited by atlantis; 07-02-13, 06:50.

Comment

Not that I have a particularly strong tie to Indonesia nor do I know much about it and its prevalent cultures, but I find thinking about this is difficult. What's an Indonesian identity? What unifies Indonesia? What particular characteristic of its people that they can be proud of? I can't think of anything that represents most of Indonesia. Parts of it yes, but not as a whole.

Interesting thought exercise...

Comment

I'm still confuse with Kratos new name (can not even told you what is it)...

Please don't change I will have trouble to remember who you are!!!
        La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
          I'm still confuse with Kratos new name (can not even told you what is it)...

Please don't change I will have trouble to remember who you are!!!
          Focus on what he writes.
          I am often amazed at how easy it is to recognize a poster without looking at his/her username. I love to do it: guessing who wrote it. After having read dozens or hundreds of posts from a person you can easily sleuth who is behind a screen without taking a look at the handle.

Comment

I'm not a morning person, but I will give it some thought. I am thinking something short, perhaps food or location related.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
              I'm not a morning person, but I will give it some thought. I am thinking something short, perhaps food or location related.
              Yep... I have always been puzzled by the fact that not so many of our Indonesian users choose food related name.

Indonesia has some fantastic food but not many seem to pick the numerous name available. OK... I understand that it maybe not so enjoyable to be known as "rendang sapi" or "babi guling" but some names are cool.

My Hash name, given by my Manadonese fellow, is "Dabu-dabu Bakasang" while the one of my wife is "Dabu-dabu Roa". It was an honour to be given this name... and to be honest we were lucky: some pretty ridiculous names are given sometimes in Hash communities. I may consider a forum name change myself to sport it... I need to give it a thought.

I remember that Alia said that you are an handsome guy... You should pic something hot and spicy.
              Last edited by atlantis; 07-02-13, 09:08.

Comment

Well of course it depends on the name you choose what you want to do with your avatar, but I've always thought that if I changed my name I'd try to keep some feature that would help link my old and new persona in people's minds (maybe I'd use Siti as my avatar instead of Arjuna, from the same set of puppets). There sure are a lot of gorgeous cloud pics on the internet that would make great avatars - have a look, everybody, it's kind of peaceful to look at: http://images.google.com/search?as_s...AsbKrAeB0oHwBg

However, the LAST thing I would ever associate with Injun is "cloudy thinking" so maybe that's not the right approach...

Comment

Hehehe..., I did say and think Injun is a handsome man.

What about 'Cah Ganteng' ..? or 'Betawi Ganteng' ?

Question though, if we change our user name, what happen with all of our posts, rep, infraction ~if there is any~ ? Is it just 'Injun' changed into 'Cah Ganteng' but all all of his attributes as mentioned will follow 'Cah Ganteng' or will it be completely new 'Cah Ganteng' with empty records ?
                  Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Alia View Post
                    Hehehe..., I did say and think Injun is a handsome man.

What about 'Cah Ganteng' ..? or 'Betawi Ganteng' ?

Question though, if we change our user name, what happen with all of our posts, rep, infraction ~if there is any~ ? Is it just 'Injun' changed into 'Cah Ganteng' but all all of his attributes as mentioned will follow 'Cah Ganteng' or will it be completely new 'Cah Ganteng' with empty records ?

Everything follows you. All of Injun's posts will remain viewable but the name to the left will say "Cah Ganteng' or whatever. It's just like changing your avatar - it's an update to the information on the left, but everything stays together.

Comment

Originally posted by Alia View Post
                      If a user change his username, all attributes remain the same (post count, infraction, reputation...etc). It's just a simple profile edition where we type a new username in place of the old one. All his past posts will appear with the new name.
                      In the case of Kratos, he has created/registered a NEW profile, which is why there is a confusion for some members. Very different from Injun's case.

Comment

Oops... Puspa's fingers type faster than mine.

Comment

Your explanation is better, though!

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                            Well of course it depends on the name you choose what you want to do with your avatar, but I've always thought that if I changed my name I'd try to keep some feature that would help link my old and new persona in people's minds (maybe I'd use Siti as my avatar instead of Arjuna, from the same set of puppets). There sure are a lot of gorgeous cloud pics on the internet that would make great avatars
                            Yep... and if he choses something hot and spicy I have found some potential avatars which can give further indication about who he is...

Bad atlantis... Bad!

Comment

Hahaha..., you should infract your self, A !
                              Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Working...
                              X