Scooterindo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scooterindo

I've just noticed that scooterindo is banned. I'm curious as to why. Is he ban banned or is it just temporary.
    Would be a shame if it's for good.
    The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.

So do I. What did scoots say?
    "Science is the philosophy of discovery. Intelligent design is a philosophy of ignorance"

Comment

As far as I can remember, he doesn't have enough infraction points to get permanently banned. Yesterday the forum was down. I guess during the process of tweaking the software, an error has been made resulting in the ban of scooter. I'll pass this on to our admin and so this technical error can be rectified immediately.

cheers
      PE

Comment

Yes, I understand how that goes. I once got erroneously banned because the wrong button was pushed after I reported a questionable post. That was a while back, though, and I have continued to periodically send reports to the mods with no adverse effects. Suggests to me that, barring the occasional technical glick, moderation is improving.

Comment

Travellingchez, thanks for pointing out Scooterindo's ban. It was apparently some technical glitch; I don't know the details but it's been fixed.

Not too long ago, a moderator on another board I participate in accidentally somehow banned about half of the active posters - hundreds of people! It was a simple mistake and was quickly fixed, but he still gets teased about it.

Comment

Wow i am so honored - i didnt think i would be missed - yes i was banned it came as a bit of a shock but it was a technical error and all has been resolved now.

Glad to be back.

Comment

When are you back, back?

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Garden View Post
                When are you back, back?
                I am back back on the 23rd of December - see you for a beer after christmas ??

Comment

In the interests of transparency: a post upthread challenging a moderator decision from about three and a half months ago has been deleted from this thread. The poster concerned is being contacted. If anyone has concerns or questions, feel free to inquire via PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                    Definitely, will PM you nearer the time, a few others are up for it also

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                      Can I come along ?
                      "The Beauty of Indonesia is located outside Jakarta"

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                        In the interests of transparency: a post upthread challenging a moderator decision from about three and a half months ago has been deleted from this thread. The poster concerned is being contacted. If anyone has concerns or questions, feel free to inquire via PM.
                        An unbiased opinion: I appreciate the candor, but does not it seem a bit oxymoronic to delete a post in the interests of transparency?

Comment

I think she meant that she was *reporting* the deletion of the post, in the interest of transparency.

Well, shock and unshock. Scooterindo banned, not really banned and already unbanned. Having exchanged a couple of friendly PM's with scoots just recently, I'm glad about the happy ending...er, continuance. Guess we all really do live in a yellow submarine, after all. Welcome back Scoots.
                          [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

Yes, I am tuned into the reason for the notice of a deletion, but the irony imbedded in the phraseology was too juicy to be left uncommented upon. No good deed goes unpunished in these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Abook looty View Post
                              Can I come along ?
                              I would be pissed off if you werent there i can see this turning into a bit of an event for the Bali members - i reckon after christmas and before new years.

Anyone else interested ?

Comment

Working...
                              X