Welcome to the Moderator Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the Moderator Team

[COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#333333]In October 2011 we appointed two new Moderators, Mas Rob and Ponyexpress. We immediately enjoyed collaborating with them and we believe that their active participation has greatly contributed to improving the quality and atmosphere of this forum.
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#333333]Unfortunately, Mas Rob had some health issues and had to return to the Netherlands suddenly, leaving Pony and I moderating the board, with Wm continuing to administer it.

So far we still hope that Mas Rob will be able to resume his participation in the Expat Forum and the Moderator Team. Not only his participation as a user has been greatly appreciated but his numerous input into our discussions have proven, as if any proof were necessary, that he is a real asset to the forum.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Nevertheless, it quickly became clear to us that a third or a fourth active moderator would be stimulating and would increase the efficiency and fairness of the Moderator team. Pony and I started to discuss it in order to propose to Wm two names who would be a good fit for a moderator's position and who would raise no concern from other forum members. The list of prospects was large and we had a hard time to pick only two names.

Wm fully agreed with our choice and we have started to introduce them to the functionalities and duties of moding. They've participated with us in any moderation decision taken these past few days and have been trained to handle the magic wand, banning and infracting spammers who were messing around.
    [/COLOR]
    They are now fully ready and aware of what to do.

This two moderators will have extended privileges, as Ponyexpress and Mas Rob have, including editing and deletion of threads and full authority to issue warnings and infractions. Therefore, I kindly ask you to respect any decision taken by them concerning moderation. We will of course continue to discuss altogether ANY moderation issue arising. Therefore, if one of them posts a moderator advisory or warning, you can be sure that it has been/is approved by the rest of the Moderator Team.[COLOR=#333333]
    [/COLOR]
    However, if anyone feels that he has been unfairly moderated, the same procedure of appeal will be available as before, with the remaining active mods reviewing decisions.

I have no doubt that these two new moderators will be committed to our Posting Guidelines, displaying fairness and dedication. Both of them have been users of this forum for years, are fully aware of our Posting Guidelines, and have hundreds of posts in their post count, none of which has ever been flagged.

Welcome to Puspawarna and John Madden to the Moderator Team.

Congrats

Comment

Thanks Injun - early days - we'll see if I still say thanks in a month or so!

Comment

Great news, and best wishes for Mas Rob, get well soon
        [FONT=Verdana]As a stranger give it welcome.
        There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
        Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
        [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by john madden View Post
          Thanks Injun - early days - we'll see if I still say thanks in a month or so!
          Well, the board has come a long way since the wilder early days. You'll be chasing spammers most of the time.

Comment

Thanks - and you are right about spammers, Injun. I didn't realize we had so many of them since they often got swept away before I noticed them. Now, they just handed me a broom ...

Comment

Congrats to both of you, and what's happening with Mas Rob? Is it something fatal?

Comment

Originally posted by ricky_id View Post
                Congrats to both of you, and what's happening with Mas Rob? Is it something fatal?
                Ricky!!!? That is not the politest question you could ask.

@Pusp & John

congrats
                Cicak Magnet

Comment

Wrong wording, should've said "serious" instead of "fatal". But it's really out of curiosity and not a bad wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                    Thanks - and you are right about spammers, Injun. I didn't realize we had so many of them since they often got swept away before I noticed them. Now, they just handed me a broom ...
                    Yeah, now get crackin'!

Comment

Cheers BA.

Comment

Yayy..! Finally there is a woman on board. (I'm so sexist ..! ) Go Puspa ..!

And congrats for both of you.
                        Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Alia View Post
                          Yayy..! Finally there is a woman on board. (I'm so sexist ..! )
                          Erm... not sure that wm would agree here...

Comment

Oopps.. haha... completely forgot about her. Apologize, wm..
                            Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Alia View Post
                              Oopps.. haha... completely forgot about her. Apologize, wm..
                              Hahahaha too funny, you been hanging with snowy for to long

Comment

Working...
                              X