Mozilla and the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla and the forum

Mozilla Firefox seems to have some issues with opening ''What's New'' and New Posts'' ...
    IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

''Safari'' doesn'et ...
    IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Comment

Cleared the cache yesterday and it works fine.

Comment

Confirmed. Fixed the issue for me.
        Sergei - Your friendly neighborhood IT consultant.

Comment

Originally posted by john madden View Post
          Cleared the cache yesterday and it works fine.
          Thanks John, I just ran CC Cleaner and firefox is ok again ...

Just trying out Safari to see what it can do, I can't seem to get into Chrome especially with it struggling to do multiple {small} downloads.

Comment

My AOL search has turned into crap so I'm using Google Chrome for search. However, I don't seem to be able to copy/paste anything from the Google pages like I could on AOL.
            Anyone got ideas or advice?

Comment

There is another thread on this matter http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...m-loading-site

I can often (but not always) open new posts by clearing my cache, but I really don't want to continue doing this. After all, there are good reasons for having a cache in the first place. It is definitely only Mozilla based browsers that are affected. Firefox was working fine previously, so it appears that some change to the way the forum works has resulted in this problem.
              Last edited by mrtessster; 22-03-12, 19:13.
              Asam di gunung, garam di laut bertemu dalam satu belanga. https://linuxcounter.net/cert/352656.png

Comment

Originally posted by Davita View Post
                My AOL search has turned into crap so I'm using Google Chrome for search. However, I don't seem to be able to copy/paste anything from the Google pages like I could on AOL.
                Anyone got ideas or advice?
                Haven't struck that one before, try another browser, eg; Firefox or Safari you can search with google from either of them of course.

Comment

Originally posted by ohmdafyd View Post
                  Thanks John, I just ran CC Cleaner and
                  firefox is ok again ...
                  Just trying out Safari to see what it can do, I can't seem to get into Chrome especially with it struggling to do multiple {small} downloads.
                  Logged on this am and once again Firefox cache needs clearing apparently, haven't ever struck this issue in the past and I've been using it for years.

Comment

Something definately wrong with the site or perhaps firefox, it only takes a few posts and the cache needs clearing again to access ''new posts" It was never like this as recently as last year!

Comment

Yep, I'm still having problems with Firefox as well.

EDIT: looks like an issue with vBulletin, I'm guessing paman upgraded to a new version recently.

Apparently Mozilla and IE9 handle Cache-Control headers differently from Chrome. Firefox caches the search page and after it eventually expires it tells you that there are no new posts. That's why clearing cache fixes issue temporarily.

Can we get admin to look into that?
                      Last edited by sergei; 17-04-12, 21:05.
                      Sergei - Your friendly neighborhood IT consultant.

Comment

Working...
                      X