• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding the trolls

Just a suggestion for people involved in any kind of social settings:
    - there will always be a troll
    - some trolls can provide useful information
    - we have the choice to not feed the troll and let them contribute positively

I usually try to ignore trolls (some pushes my buttons, but I still try to hold it back...sometimes I fail). But I usually can't let things slide if there is something said publicly that I know is wrong and that it's an important enough matter to the public.

Sometimes it hard to ignore, as you state above. Why do people like to behave in this way, deliberatly making comments that will provoke the normal members into outrage.
    Do they sit at thier pc and have a bin full of dirty tissues at the side of the desk. The more tissues the better the day has been?
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by jim69 View Post
      Do they sit at thier pc and have a bin full of dirty tissues at the side of the desk. The more tissues the better the day has been?
      Hahaha, I'm sure they do

Ray
      When my wife wants my opinion, she gives it to me

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_39 View Post

I usually try to ignore trolls (some pushes my buttons, but I still try to hold it back...sometimes I fail). But I usually can't let things slide if there is something said publicly that I know is wrong and that it's an important enough matter to the public.
        I'm the same, usually I just ignore them because they are idiots but sometimes I can't help myself and comment

Ray

Comment

A lot of trolling going on today. But gone quite now, must be on the way to the shops to buy more tissues
          [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

Buying in bulk might be the best thing..lol

Comment

If anyone detects a troll, please report to us. The board's opinion is valuable to us. A simple ckick to share your opinion, even if you believe that any mod have noticed the trolling going on.
              If you decide to enter the debate, please do so, but don't get personal and control your emotion. Don't get drained in the troll's game.

At the end of the day, trolls get banned. No need to feel pusing about it.

One thing is interesting in Rabbit's OP:

[COLOR=#333333]some trolls can provide useful information[/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#333333]

Indeed I believe that there are trolls who can contribute positively to the forum in between bans. However, if they cease to input some positive stuff or if their trolling outweight their positive inputs, then the ban become longer or permanent.[/COLOR]
              Last edited by atlantis; 09-03-12, 17:09.

Comment

Atlantis, I think you can guess what I am refering to above. Just cant insult directly.

Comment

"If you decide to enter the debate, please do so, but don't get personal and control your emotion. Don't get drained in the troll's game."

I try...I try...
                  Shamefully I've failed once or twice...

Comment

"If you decide to enter the debate, please do so, but don't get personal and control your emotion. Don't get drained in the troll's game."

I try...I try...
                    I confess I failed once and got banned for it. No regret though. I've done the crime and have done the time. I admit that it was a liberation though to say exactly what I wanted to say for so long and that I could not say publicly. Yet, I also must confess that I said only a tenth of what I wanted to say that time. If I would have said it, I would have been permabanned for sure.

Comment

I don't remember you having infringed our rules in a noticeable manner. Heated debate certainly, but something worth an infraction?

Comment

He he...the advantage of being busy during the day. I don't often have the chance to finish my thoughts in one sitting and able to click "Post" So by the time I get back around to finishing my thoughts, I've either calmed down or noticed the inappropriate sentiments.

Comment

Did I miss a troll/the fun? ;p
                          The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                            I confess I failed once and got banned for it. No regret though. I've done the crime and have done the time. I admit that it was a liberation though to say exactly what I wanted to say for so long and that I could not say publicly. Yet, I also must confess that I said only a tenth of what I wanted to say that time. If I would have said it, I would have been permabanned for sure.
                            Well I'm shocked and stunned by your confession Atlantis. Many times I thought I could see your halo shining all the way over here in Ireland!! Kidding

Ray

Comment

TC: nope, no trolls to feed here Life as usual.

Comment

Working...
                              X