Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the posting guide line of the forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davita View Post
    My forum page has the following at the bottom of each page under posting permission....

[COLOR=#008080]BB code [/COLOR]is On
    [COLOR=#008080]Smilies[/COLOR] are On
    [COLOR=#008080][IMG][/COLOR] code is On
    HTML code is Off

[COLOR=#0000CD]Forum Rules[/COLOR]

This takes the reader to the comprehensive rules regarding the forum and very useful guidance on how to post etc.

This is in addition to the tiny [SIZE=1]forum guidelines[/SIZE] further down under 'copyright.'

Suffice for me.
    Ah, but does it go to the exact same link when you post on "Forum Rules" as it does when you click on "Posting Guidelines"? They are two different titles, after all. The only way to be sure is to click on both. The only way to click on both is to find [SIZE=1]the tiny posting guidelines link.

[SIZE=2]I'm not complaining or disagreeing with Atlantis, or decrying the value of common sense. However, it is also a fact that one feature of good web design is to make it as EASY AS POSSIBLE for users to find what they need and to navigate to what they want no matter where they are when they begin. Personally, I would change the term "forum rules" to "posting guidelines" or vice versa, just for clarity, and then only refer to one or the other.

But then, I make my living as a professional nitpicker, so regular people with a sense of perspective are free to ignore me. I'm sure I would ignore me, if I were rational. [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
      [SIZE=1][SIZE=2]I would change the term "forum rules" to "posting guidelines" or vice versa, just for clarity, and then only refer to one or the other.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
      Or even call it 'posting rules'
      "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Keep everything simple and sweet would be the best :-)

Comment

[QUOTE=Puspawarna;235308]Ah, but does it go to the exact same link when you post on "Forum Rules" as it does when you click on "Posting Guidelines"? They are two different titles, after all. The only way to be sure is to click on both. The only way to click on both is to find [SIZE=1]the tiny posting guidelines link.

[SIZE=2]I'm not complaining or disagreeing with Atlantis, or decrying the value of common sense. However, it is also a fact that one feature of good web design is to make it as EASY AS POSSIBLE for users to find what they need and to navigate to what they want no matter where they are when they begin. Personally, I would change the term "forum rules" to "posting guidelines" or vice versa, just for clarity, and then only refer to one or the other.

But then, I make my living as a professional nitpicker, so regular people with a sense of perspective are free to ignore me. I'm sure I would ignore me, if I were rational. [/SIZE][/SIZE][/QUOTE
          I don't know....I just offered my experience that, previously, no-one had posted.
          Last edited by Davita; 27-02-12, 20:30.

Comment

Working...
          X