• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingwilly View Post
    Don't know what I need more . The bottle or the chick in the bikini

Comment

My name and year of birth.

Comment

ScooterIndo was the name of the classic scooter restoration business that i had in Jakarta. I finally closed it up last year as the market has dried up now and there isnt the profits to be made anymore but i have retained the name for scooter forums, email and on here of course, I have also retained the logo of the caligraphic scooter which was actually created for me by a very gifted artist friend of mine from Canada named Ryan Dineen whom i met in Bali years ago.

All of the 146 Scooters that we built and either exported or sold locally had the ScooterIndo name and logo on them inside the front left hand legshield. So next time you see a very nice classic scooter on your travels and see the logo shown in my Avatar, its one of mine.

Comment

Keep it coming, Guys.

Sky Garden, Mas Fred, Atlantis, Kratos, Puspawarna, Kratos, Tjamail, bad_azz, rabbit_39, etc... etc...

Come on, explain yourselves!

Please... ^^
          Always try to be modest. And be damn proud of it!

Comment

Kingwilly is the size of my. ...

shoes.

Comment

(Cut 'n paste from a past thread)

"Puspawarna" is usually translated from the Javanese as "kinds of flowers."

It is the name of a well-known gamelan composition, with poetic lyrics that compare different kinds of women to different kinds of flowers - each with their own kind of beauty. The piece was supposedly created by Prince Mankunegara IV in honor of his wives and concubines.

In addition, a recording of Puspawarna was included on the "Golden Record" sent into space on Voyager. Carl Sagan is said to have found Puspawarna to be the most beautiful piece of music he ever heard.

I am female* and I enjoy playing Javanese gamelan - in fact, my slendro gamelan was made by the workshop associated with the Mankunegara palace. Also I'm a fan of space exploration and the ideas espoused by Carl Sagan (the ones that have stood the test of time, anyway). So "Puspawarna" seemed like a name that encapsulated many aspects of who I am.

* Yes, I know my avatar is male. What can I say, Arjuna is more photogenic than his wife.

Comment

Mine comes from my nick name and the fact that I travel a lot.
                The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.

Comment

DAVITA is a portmanteau word formed from David (my name) and Ita (wife's name).
                  It is also the name of our boat that we live-on when in Vancouver....where we currently are for the Canadian short summer.

btw 'Go Canucks!" for those members who have an interest in ice hockey and who will win the Stanley Cup...This city went wild Saturday night as the Vancouver team beat Boston in the first 2 games out of the best of 7 games.

Tonight (Monday here) is game 3 in Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                    (Cut 'n paste from a past thread)
                    No wonder I had a feeling of deja vu. And I thought my memory was failing me.
                    I'm fully devoted to my job. 10% on Mon, 20% on Tue, 40% on Wed, 25% on Thurs and 5% on Fri.

Comment

Fischer = the brand name on all of my snow ski's....... except for the Rossignol's...

Fischer man = my current past time in Jakarta

"shooting fish in a barrel" didn't seem to have the same je ne sais quoi......

Comment

Originally posted by Carrot Cake View Post
                        Keep it coming, Guys.

Sky Garden, Mas Fred, Atlantis, Kratos, Puspawarna, Kratos, Tjamail, bad_azz, rabbit_39, etc... etc...

Come on, explain yourselves!

Please... ^^
                        http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-Your-Username...
                        Here is the link- just in case you are missing some members CC

'mine is bad_azz
                        because I play poker; my very best friend calls me that when I whup his azz & take his chips.'
                        and I still whup his azz and he calls me many other things too... I won't share them here though- the kids may be reading.
                        Cicak Magnet

Comment

Ah, sorry for double thread. Too lazy to browse past thread. So now I know the story behind: Sky garden, roti bakar, tjamail (??), sergei, hombre, sopie, alia, kratos, snowy city, ...

Ok. Let's make a difference dis time. What about telling me the stories behind your current username AND let me know what name you would use if you are allowed to change your user name.. that, if you want to change it.

Me? Smarty Pants.
                          Always try to be modest. And be damn proud of it!

Comment

Kratos is a video game character, one of a mortal son of zeus who was plotted to replace Ares in order to become God of War....
                            The character was depicted as brutal, merciless, atheist, skillful, sadistic,physically outstanding, well picture the Cain's side of Hercules.....
                            Putting it on my avatar, and play a lil bit of reverse psych mind game....

and walla, I've created a new Kratos......
                            " Lemme get this straight. Killing one person is a murder, but killing a hundred thousand is a foreign policy ?"

Comment

And I thought kratos was an amalgam of kat and tosser...

Comment

mine is..............................

takes time to explain, and also spaces. So I let you guessing,...
                                I offer the correct answer to spend an unforgetable nite. EVER.

had I given a chance to change it, I will prefer......................

Little Teapot
                                Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Working...
                                X