Announcement

Collapse

Forum Software Migration (2nd Update)

As you may have noticed, the forum software has undergone a bit of a facelift. We've migrated from vBulletin4 to vBulletin5.2.2. As with all software major updates, there will undoubtedly be a few hiccups. As with all software upgrades, vBulletin has made changes in how their software works, so there may be a bit of a learning curve as you re-orient yourself to their changed environment.

We have worked through the initial hiccups that were reported. If you experience additional issues, please pm them to wm and we'll work through them. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
paman and wm
See more
See less

2010 World Cup Final: Belanda vs. Spain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 World Cup Final: Belanda vs. Spain

What say you?

1 - 0 is just a fair deal for both teams.....Torres did some stupid selfish move during last minutes that could've made the game ended up in 2 -0.....

Cant wait to see Sneijder vs Xavi
    " Lemme get this straight. Killing one person is a murder, but killing a hundred thousand is a foreign policy ?"

Comment

Boo hoo, don't have the former-fascists to disparage anymore; just a couple of ex-colonial masters. Is the passion gone for most of the world's fans?

Comment

Gooo Sppaaaaaaaaaain.....

Comment

The Franco regime was Fascist (Falangist). Remember the famous Picasso painting Guernica.

Those are Nazi airplanes raining down bombs on Republican forces. The dress rehearsal for WWII was fought in Spain a few years earlier and won by the Falangists. To this day political and legal obstacles are thrown, by the political successors of the Franco regime, in the way of uncovering the crimes of the Spanish Civil War and bringing the perpetrators to justice.

I'm cheering for the Netherlands. I'm still waiting for them to win it ever since I cheered for them as a little boy in the 1978 final against the haughty Argentines.
          Last edited by Hombre de Maiz; 08-07-10, 13:21.

Comment

Tak bisa ke lain hati, still Arjen Robben & Sneijder...
            “Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post

I'm cheering for the Netherlands. I'm still waiting for them to win it ever since I cheered for them as a little boy in the 1978 final against the haughty Argentines.
              So, Hombre .. 1978 you were a little boy ya ...

1978 I was .. uhm...uhmm....
              Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Yes, I was a little boy dejected by the Dutch loss. Freakin' Mario Kempes!

That's ok, Alia. I won't hold your young age against you. I am magnanimous like that.

Comment

Reagan Vs Mondale 10/21/84
                  Last edited by Pimpin; 08-07-10, 15:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
                    The Franco regime was Fascist (Falangist)...
                    Yes, forgot about that little tryout before the big one. Those who want root on former-Fascists can still be accommodated. I stand corrected.

Comment

At ten years old during that period you can be forgiven.
                      Last edited by Pimpin; 09-07-10, 13:30.

Comment

Spain lost a match in the first round. They don't deserve to be champs, seeing that Belanda has won all its matches so far.

Comment

I seem to remember reading that Spain and Belanda have never met in a World Cup game.
                          "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Its a tough call, Last night Spain gave Jerman a football lesson.....Superior in all sides....Belanda on the other hand, got Sneijder's magic touch...
                            Both are my fave team....So I guess, I'll prepare my Kopi Luwak and enjoy the game...
                            " Lemme get this straight. Killing one person is a murder, but killing a hundred thousand is a foreign policy ?"

Comment

Hope it is Belanda, for Bergkamp, Overmars, De boer (both), Gullitt, van Basten, Rijkard, Muhren, Thijsen, Kroll, Cruyff, Neeskens, van der Kerkoff (both), Rensenbrink, Rep and all the others (sorry about the spelling). Who have I missed?

Comment

Working...
                              X