Announcement

Collapse

Forum Software Migration (2nd Update)

As you may have noticed, the forum software has undergone a bit of a facelift. We've migrated from vBulletin4 to vBulletin5.2.2. As with all software major updates, there will undoubtedly be a few hiccups. As with all software upgrades, vBulletin has made changes in how their software works, so there may be a bit of a learning curve as you re-orient yourself to their changed environment.

We have worked through the initial hiccups that were reported. If you experience additional issues, please pm them to wm and we'll work through them. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
paman and wm
See more
See less

Belanda vs. Brazil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were five separate thoughts expressed there. Which one(s) was contentious?

Comment

Sorry, the deliberate handball that cost Ghana the match.

Not your thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by kingwilly View Post
        Sorry, the deliberate handball that cost Ghana the match.

Not your thoughts.
        I guess it's what they call a professional foul. Sacrafice a player and who knows what will happen with the penalty.
        "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

indeed and it feels wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by kingwilly View Post
            indeed and it feels wrong.
            I agree. A sending off and a penalty is a pretty tough sanction but when it's in the dying seconds of the game the sending off is pretty irrelavent.

On the BBC the Uruguayan manager, Tabarez, said: "Saying we cheated Ghana is too harsh a word to use. Yes he stuck his hand out but it's not cheating. It was instinctive."
            Last edited by lantern; 03-07-10, 16:38.
            "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

In Kota Ambon, the Dutch victory was celebrated by the local youth carrying Dutch flags...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdkXvCClfWg
              Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
              [COLOR=#000000]
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
              X