buying domestic air tickets at the airport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying domestic air tickets at the airport

Can I buy domestic air ticket at the airport?
    Like, I'm flying to Jakarta from Bangladesh and after landing I want to buy a ticket to Pekanbaru.

Or might anyone suggest other ways?
    Thanks.

Can.

suggest u better way : https://www.traveloka.com/en/

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Dear User Julie,

As i still remmember, last year in indonesia specially in jakarta airport it is the ticketing facilty has been stopped already, and the new rule was established that you must come to airport with confirmed ticket,

might be there are still few agents who are still saling tickets illegally there,

So for the safaty sake i will suggest to Raj to prepare your ticket in advance, and make sure the waiting time should not be less than 4 hours at jakarta, and should be more safer if you are buying a lion air ticket, as lion air keeps delay,

if you need any further info PM me,
        THanks,
        Sohail.

Comment

also, the another option is, why are you coming to jakarta if you are flying from bangladesh? if you are transiting from singapore/malaysia there are direct flgihts from malaysia through air asia and singapore by silk air to pakanbaru, as pakanbaru is an international airport,

Comment

I was just asking. I thought that would be cheaper to come over
            Dhaka to Pekanbaru flight (transition in KL or Singapore) would be so expensive for me I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Rajtikka View Post
              ... flight (transition in KL or Singapore) would be so expensive for me I guess

Mohammed Sohail's idea of not passing through Jakarta is in general good (I do it myself) , but be informed that , at least in Kuala Lumpur (I don't know about Singapore) , I think you would need a Malaysian Visa (as we discussed before) because you will probably arrive in one terminal of the airport and have to take Air Asia's flight in another terminal , and to do that I usually have to pass through Immigration before I can go to Air Asia's terminal .

Comment

I have checked Malindo air website . They fly from Dhaka to Jakarta (transition in KL) .

Comment

... They fly from Dhaka to Jakarta (transition in KL) .
                  When you fly through KL with only one airline company you probably don't change the terminal , so you just wait inside (in the international transit area) for the next flight (you don't pass Malaysian Immigration check and so no Malaysian Visa required) . But it is different when you change the airline company in KL and the 2 of them use different airport terminal (as I said to change terminal in KL you need to go outside of the airport (passing the Immigration check and entering Malaysia) , go to the other terminal , and pass through Immigration check again to leave Malaysia (it is when you need a Malaysian Visa required for Bangladesh citizens) .

Comment

So when booking a ticket I need to make sure that they wouldn't switch to another airline while transiting , right .

Comment

So when booking a ticket I need to make sure that they wouldn't switch to another airline while transiting , right .

Yes , sometimes a company has a partnership with other . Better ask the company if a Visa for Malaysia is necessary for transit in KL .

But I was afraid about , for example , taking Malindo Air from Dhaka to KL , and taking Air Asia from KL to Pekanbaru . So also you need to be sure a Malaysian Visa is not necessary .

Comment

No . I was thinking about Dhaka to Jakarta (transition in KL) , probably I need to stay in Jakarta couple of days and then to Pekanbaru .

Comment

Working...
                        X