How to vote in the election as a foreigner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to vote in the election as a foreigner

I have seen some information online that foreigners cannot vote. This is wrong. In order to vote you need the following:
    - KITAP
    - local KTP
    - be included on the Kartu Keluarga

Give copies of the KTP and KK to Pak RT and you will be registered and can vote.

I voted last time and will vote again today. Let's hope radical islamism is defeated and Ahok wins!! Otherwise - sharia law in Jakarta here we come ... as Anies has promised.

Originally posted by RaphaelP View Post
    I have seen some information online that foreigners cannot vote. This is wrong. In order to vote you need the following:
    - KITAP
    - local KTP
    - be included on the Kartu Keluarga

Give copies of the KTP and KK to Pak RT and you will be registered and can vote...

Interesting to know , RaphaeIP !

Comment

Only Indonesians can vote, according to the Law. The fact that a foreigner is registered and allowed to vote can occurs only by mistake or ignorance of laws of the RT.

UU 1/2014 about elections of governors, bupatis and walikotas.
      Article 56
      (1) Warga negara Indonesia yang pada hari pemungutan suara sudah berumur 17 (tujuh belas) tahun atau sudah/pernah kawin, mempunyai hak memilih.

The penalty for this kind of voter registration is a criminal offense minimum 3 months to maximum 12 months with money penalty 3-12 million, article 177 of the same Law.

Better remove this thread to not contribute to widespread paranoia about millions of foreigners coming to vote in Indonesia

Comment

I just checked the law online and there is no para 56. Maybe you're confusing it with another law?

Anyway, looks like Anies won anyway, so future not looking good for minorities in Jakarta

Comment

The full title is "PERATURAN PEMERINTAH PENGGANTI UNDANG-UNDANG REPUBLIK INDONESIA NOMOR 1 TAHUN 2014 TENTANG PEMILIHAN GUBERNUR, BUPATI, DAN WALIKOTA", you can google it.

Comment

Admin/WM/Marcus, Sorry to say but this link needs to be reviewed for below ;

http://www.expat.or.id/postingguidelines.html#censor
            • Hateful material (racial epithets, religious intolerance, etc.): 10, 20 points
            • Inflammatory/baiting/provocative postings: 2, 3, 5, 10 points

Comment

KenGmail , if you are referring to me , I am a member like you , I cannot change other member's post .

Comment

KenGmail ...thanks for the post. You can bring specific posts you're concerned about to my direct attention by clicking the Flag icon in the actual post you're referring to - it's to the left of the "Like" icon. Thanks!
                Danielle Surkatty
                Member of the Organizing Committee
                Living in Indonesia, A Site for Expatriates
                http://www.expat.or.id/

Living in Indonesia Expat Forum
                http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/
                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X