Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Wrong with indonesia? Everything seems wrong and let it wrong

Dear Foreigners,
    Thanks for pay attention to what's happening to my country.

I'm Indonesian, and have the same thought like you many many years ago. Educational? Not only one of the subject. Good schools is only for those who can afford. Now our government is having program to make free tuition for state schools upto grade 9 (if I'm not mistaken).

But now, even now we have brilliant student, they also have to face work competition. Lack of vacancy, become our main problem for years. Bachelor degree jobless, nepotism still become our issue for job seekers. They can't compete with it.

Beside that.. the goverment is busy with who investor can give the best bribery for them. And the fact is now open recently.. You may see on TV News everyday..

Indonesia is potential for tourism. We have plenty beautiful places. But we can't explore more like Malaysia or Thailand. All people know about Indonesia tourism is only Bali. Infact, many more places unseen. Our private sector also have deadlock to manage it, i dont know, maybe stuck on government negotiation as many i heard.

And now, if you say what's wrong with my country, and how to fix it,.. then i hope nowadays (as many corruption cases appear) we have already find the main problems, and can fix it soon with a good and clear governance, to have a better Indonesia..

Rgds
    ade

Comment

Originally posted by AdeSS View Post
      And now, if you say what's wrong with my country, and how to fix it,.. then i hope nowadays (as many corruption cases appear) we have already find the main problems, and can fix it soon with a good and clear governance, to have a better Indonesia..
      Keep the faith, Ade. Ultimately it will happen. It is the job of any people, foreigners or not, to try their best to help Indonesia going that way by choosing the right attitude toward any type of corruption.

Comment

[COLOR=#3e3e3e][FONT=Tahoma]Jumped in a taxi the other night and got talking to the driver only to find out he has just finished his MBA, it blew my mind, this is in a western country…[/FONT][/COLOR]
        [COLOR=#3e3e3e][FONT=Tahoma] [/FONT][/COLOR]
        [COLOR=#3e3e3e][FONT=Tahoma]Thanks for your comments AdeSS, its nice to hear what the locals think, keep talking and some one might listen. [/FONT][/COLOR]
        This will do me...

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
          Keep the faith, Ade. Ultimately it will happen. It is the job of any people, foreigners or not, to try their best to help Indonesia going that way by choosing the right attitude toward any type of corruption.

Ultimately, Yes I agree, but none of us will be around to see it.
          In my own small part of the World there are far more people willing and wanting to pay to jump the queue, speed up the application, avoid the driving test or whatever! It's ingrained behaviour learned from childhood and insidiously part of the Culture that will literally take generations to eradicate.
          IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
            Wm and Paman may have, or not, a different view than I. Regarding moderation, Paman and I often have different views I believe.
            You can say that again ... and again and again and again and again ...

Comment

I, too, am puzzled by this concept of strength and weakness. In a medium of human interaction like an internet forum, the only possible basis for strength and weakness is the value of the information provided and the soundness of the arguments. Am I to understand that weak arguments will now be protected against strong arguments (cited with the proper attribution to forum username)?

To be fair, the points made on that other thread and in this one are different points. Besides, if one makes a point once, can it not be used again, in part or in whole, in another thread and argument? Is citing a forum username bullying? Does protecting users against what s/he said by disallowing citations by name not debase the principle of accountability (for what one says or writes)?

Comment

Working...
              X