Voice-over, native English (American) speaker requested

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice-over, native English (American) speaker requested

I have a friend who runs a media consulting business, and she needs someone to do a voice-over for a short promo video. The prospective person needs to be a native English speaker from America (sorry, no 'accents'). Enthusiastic, dynamic and clear pronunciation is vital. If anyone remembers Shadoe Stevens from L.A., doing the Federated commercials, that is what she would like. Total studio time is probably less than an hour, and she will pay around 500-750ribu. Not bad for an hour's work. Drop me a line, and I will put you in contact with her.

This isn't really a job ad so I have moved it to expat chat.

If anyone is tempted to start in with the "you can't do this, it's illegal", we've had threads on stuff like this before. This kind of one-off deal is fine.

quantumFog, when your friend finds someone you might want to edit your post to add a "closed" statement - otherwise this thread will probably come back repeatedly thanks to people who want to know if the offer is still open (from six months ago or whatever).

Comment

Originally posted by quantumFog View Post
      a native English speaker from America (sorry, no 'accents').
      So you want an American accent, yes? Ok, from which part of America? New England, New York, NYC, New Jersey, Southern, Virginian, Deep South, Midwest, Minnesotan, Texan, Californian ... ?

Comment

And don’t forget the great Christopher Walken, he has his own accent!

Comment

Originally posted by tihzho View Post
          So you want an American accent, yes? Ok, from which part of America? New England, New York, NYC, New Jersey, Southern, Virginian, Deep South, Midwest, Minnesotan, Texan, Californian ... ?
          I know you're trying to be cute. But to a typical Indonesian, there's effectively no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
            This isn't really a job ad so I have moved it to expat chat.

If anyone is tempted to start in with the "you can't do this, it's illegal", we've had threads on stuff like this before. This kind of one-off deal is fine.

quantumFog, when your friend finds someone you might want to edit your post to add a "closed" statement - otherwise this thread will probably come back repeatedly thanks to people who want to know if the offer is still open (from six months ago or whatever).
            Understood. I tried to post it in the most appropriate category, so I came here. As you were able to discern, it is a one-off. So wasn't 100% sure.

Comment

I know you're trying to be cute. But to a typical Indonesian, there's effectively no difference.
              Really? A good old country cow hand sounds effectively the same as someone from New York City to typical Indonesians?

If so just use any native English speaker contrary to your first statement of no accents.

Comment

Originally posted by tihzho View Post
                I assume, since you are looking for a speaker of English, the promo audience will be English speaking Indonesians. Aside from the observation that the audience is not "typical," my English speaking Indonesian friends certainly do know the differences among Dixieland English, Boston, New York and Southern California English, to name a few. Suggesting otherwise sounds a bit condescending.

Comment

I think he wants midwestern English, the kind virtually all American radio hosts and TV anchors speak.

Comment

i can do an American accent. I just speak normally and pinch my nostrils.

Comment

Originally posted by Berlarutlarut View Post
                      i can do an American accent. I just speak normally and pinch my nostrils.
                      You're gonna sound French rather than American.

Comment

Originally posted by joe ragan View Post
                        And don’t forget the great Christopher Walken, he has his own accent!
                        He has his own way of pronouncing Zham-pa-nya!! (SNL skit)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Nimbus View Post
                            I think he wants midwestern English, the kind virtually all American radio hosts and TV anchors speak.
                            Sounded clear enough for me too. Anyway, that is not me. Good luck to the OP, surely there would be loads of people here that fit the bill.

Comment

I would do it but the cost for taxis would eat up too much of the pay. Of course, if they sent a car that would be different. Waarmy could do it. Good Midwestern voice. Lave a bit of himself in Indonesia's media history.
                              [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X