Announcement

Collapse

Forum Software Migration (2nd Update)

As you may have noticed, the forum software has undergone a bit of a facelift. We've migrated from vBulletin4 to vBulletin5.2.2. As with all software major updates, there will undoubtedly be a few hiccups. As with all software upgrades, vBulletin has made changes in how their software works, so there may be a bit of a learning curve as you re-orient yourself to their changed environment.

We have worked through the initial hiccups that were reported. If you experience additional issues, please pm them to wm and we'll work through them. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
paman and wm
See more
See less

Malaysian Airlines 777 missing (MH 370)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting interview with [COLOR=#282828][FONT=arial] Anwar Ibrahim in the UK Telegraph.

[SIZE=3]"[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#282828][FONT=arial]In an interview with The Telegraph, he said that he had personally authorised the installation of “one of the most sophisticated radar” systems in the world, based near the South China Sea and covering Malaysia’s mainland and east and west coastlines, when he was the country’s finance minister in 1994.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=#282828][FONT=arial][SIZE=3]It was “not only unacceptable but not possible, not feasible” that the plane had not been sighted by the Marconi radar system immediately after it changed course. The radar, he said, would have instantly detected the Boeing 777 as it travelled east to west across “at least four” Malaysian provinces.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#282828][FONT=arial][SIZE=3]Mr Anwar said it was “baffling” that the country’s air force had “remained silent”, and claimed that it “should take three minutes under SOP (standard operating procedure) for the air force planes to go. And there was no response.”[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#282828][FONT=arial][SIZE=3]He added: “We don’t have the sophistication of the United States or Britain but still we have the capacity to protect our borders.”[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#282828][FONT=arial][SIZE=3]It was “clearly baffling”, he said, to suggest that radar operators had been unable to observe the plane’s progress".
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10743378/MH370-Malaysia-Airlines-Anwar-Ibrahim-says-government-purposefully-concealing-information.html [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• As Malaysian Authorities in charge of the investigation keep shooting themselves in the foot, a barrage of US vultures lawyers and paralegal calo calo have a field day -“ambulance chasing”- to solicit litigation business for profit from agonizing family members of the flight victims and the slime-ball lawyers are slated to take a hefty portion of monies collected for service rendered.
      Last edited by joe ragan; 05-04-14, 03:39.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen Flynn View Post
        So I thought/remember reading somewhere that the last ping was 200km north west of Pulau Perak, which put's it well within Indonesia waters but maybe out of civilian radar range. Apparently theres a military radar facility on an Island north of Aceh? A military system would have an extended range you'd think??

If they are searching for plane in the Indian ocean based on the plane's suspected course around the top of Indonesia (outside of Indonesian airspace), and it turns out that the plane did actually cut across Sumatra. That would mean that the plane may have travelled a lot further south of where they are searching?? If that turned out to be the case, then the spotlight would be on Indonesia again.

I've been of the opinion that it was some kind of catastrophic event thats happened. To fly so close and avoid Indonesian airspace the way it would have to have done, would make that theory an impossibility. That all made sense when the plane was supposed to have flown north to who knows where?? If a pilot or terrorist took control of the plane with the intention of ditching the plane, why would they bother cutting through Malaysian airspace and within Thai radar range, to then try and avoid Indonesian airspace??? Don't make sense and I don't think they did avoid Indonesian airspace. I reckon theres every chance in the world they could cut right across Sumatra at that time of morning and go completely un-noticed...not a lot of air traffic after midnight.
        When they announced the debris is in South Indian Ocean I find it hard to believe that is the actual crash site. It is more probable the plane crash somewhere in Andaman Sea and the debris were swept by the current to Indian Ocean. However, no news reports about this so my guess are as good as yours...

The possibility of the plane actually flown across Sumatra would be very confusing for all party.
        Most of all, Why would anyone want to fly South?
        Spider pig spider pig, does whatever a spider pig can

Comment

• The only thing that is know for sure is no one knows a damn thing for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by Nimbus View Post
            Based on the course plotted by Malaysian radars, I find it hard to believe that the plane suddenly banked north after M'sian radars lost contact and encircled Sumatra just to avoid getting detected by Indo radars, on its way to the Indian ocean south of Java.
            Looks like they may have done just that.

"[COLOR=#282828][FONT=arial]Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 may have been “purposely” flown around Indonesian airspace on its way to the southern Indian Ocean to avoid radar detection, a government source has claimed.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#282828][FONT=georgia][FONT=arial]The Boeing 777, which was carrying 239 people when it disappeared on March 8, flew north of Indonesia and around that country’s airspace while making its way to the southern Indian Ocean, a senior official, who was not named, was quoted as saying"
            http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-airspace.html [/FONT]
            [/FONT][/COLOR]
            "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• [COLOR=#2C2C2C][FONT=PT Sans][COLOR=#2C2C2C][FONT=PT Sans]
              A military source reportedly told the Moskovsky Komsomolets newspaper: "Flight MH370 Malaysia Airlines missing on March 8 with 239 passengers was hijacked.[/FONT][/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#2C2C2C][FONT=PT Sans]
              "Pilots are not guilty; the plane was hijacked by unknown terrorists. We know that the name of the terrorist who gave instructions to pilots is "Hitch.[/FONT][/COLOR]
              "The plane is in Afghanistan not far from Kandahar near the border with Pakistan."[/FONT][/COLOR]
              Others have since gone on to indicate that the passengers have been divided into seven groups and are living in mud huts with almost no food.

^
              ^
              I dont know whether its true or not[/FONT][/COLOR]
              [FONT=tahoma]be strong.. I whispered to my wi-fi signal[/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by mindblown View Post
                [COLOR=#2C2C2C][FONT=PT Sans][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#2C2C2C][FONT=PT Sans]
                A military source reportedly told the Moskovsky Komsomolets newspaper: "Flight MH370 Malaysia Airlines missing on March 8 with 239 passengers was hijacked.
                [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#2C2C2C][FONT=PT Sans]
                "Pilots are not guilty; the plane was hijacked by unknown terrorists. We know that the name of the terrorist who gave instructions to pilots is "Hitch.
                "The plane is in Afghanistan not far from Kandahar near the border with Pakistan."
                Others have since gone on to indicate that the passengers have been divided into seven groups and are living in mud huts with almost no food.

^
                ^
                I dont know whether its true or not
                [/FONT][/COLOR]
                I guess the black box they say they've located could be from another missing plane!?
                Things happen for a reason...

Comment

• This plane will spawn conspiracy theories for years to come, even if they find the black box.
                  Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                    This plane will spawn conspiracy theories for years to come, even if they find the black box.
                    I heard Diana was an air hostess on it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Michelle O'Brien View Post
                      I heard Diana was an air hostess on it!!
                      And so was Elvis apparently

Comment

• Wait for it ...... Elvis, Shalom from Afganistan .... Live Via Satellite
                        The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

• I have it on good authority (better than the Russian press,anyway) that the pilots were actually aliens, charged with the responsibility of restocking the zoo on the planet Bornidiot.

Comment

• Only a couple weeks, people in the bar already made jokes over the missing plane. I am amaze!

Comment

• Black humor is an American, although certainly not exclusive, staple.

Comment

• N. B. I am poking fun at the conspiracy theories and theorists...not the plane crash.

Comment

Working...
                                X