How To Act Indonesian

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Act Indonesian

Hilarious! Her Sundanese accent is spot on. Her squat is pretty authentic too... If she can hold that pose for at least half an hour then she truly got it!

The bit about pengajian had me rolling on the floor. I used to live in a kampung Betawi, and the neighborhood ladies often gathered around for a religious lecture from an ustadzah, blaring her words on cheap (but loud) speakers that we are all painfully familiar with.

"Ibu ibuuuu!!!..."

An old joke:
    How come churches have organs but not mosques? Answer: If mere sandals are stolen, what do you think would happen to an organ?

This is so funny. It seriously made my day!

Is this awesome youtuber a member of this forum by any chance? Looks like she would have some valuable insights!

Comment

[COLOR=#333333]Hilarious[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Yep hilarious, hubby very impressed at her language skills.
        Cicak Magnet

Comment

Wow! That's awesome. I would not be brave enough to do something like that. To paraphrase Spinal Tap, there is a fine line between funny and racist. I'd be too afraid of offending someone.

Who is this person and how does she do it? She either has the world's best mimicry skills, or she was raised here in a thoroughly Indonesian environment. Her accent sounds authentic to me ... can any native speakers of b. Indonesia tell me if she has any orang asing accent? (Oh wait...Nimbus says she sounds Sundanese. Cool.)

Comment

Her only sundanese word was "sok". One sok does not a sundanese make

Comment

Pretty funny. Any more videos from her?
              Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                Pretty funny. Any more videos from her?
                Yeah, this one made me laugh and cringe at the same time:

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                  Wow! That's awesome. I would not be brave enough to do something like that. To paraphrase Spinal Tap, there is a fine line between funny and racist. I'd be too afraid of offending someone.

Who is this person and how does she do it? She either has the world's best mimicry skills, or she was raised here in a thoroughly Indonesian environment. Her accent sounds authentic to me ... can any native speakers of b. Indonesia tell me if she has any orang asing accent? (Oh wait...Nimbus says she sounds Sundanese. Cool.)
                  I'm not a native speaker, but her accent is pretty spot on in those first three videos.

She does lose a bit of authenticity in that final video though, where she is getting upset, and you can definitely hear the bule accent when she speaks.

She is still extremely proficient, but most likely did several takes on the speech in her "How to be Indonesian" videos.

Comment

Her reason for being in Indonesia, especially for the last video above was to be the first to rollerblade across Java. From Merak to Bali. Her name is Sacha Stevenson from Canada.
                    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
                      Her reason for being in Indonesia, especially for the last video above was to be the first to rollerblade across Java. From Merak to Bali. Her name is Sacha Stevenson from Canada.
                      She was also a host on some TV shows on Indonesian TV.

Comment

hilarious, great effort

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post

She still has a little bit of bule accent poking out here and there, like the way she says 'apa', but overall her Indonesian language skill is very impressive. She says somewhere that she has been in Indo for 12 years.

Comment

She's been here 10 years and started with EF, her bio is here

http://buleonblades.weebly.com/comin...indonesia.html

Her impression videos had my Indonesian wife in stitches. She is using Betawi at times by the way not Sunda, oviously learnt from her early years here on the streets of Jakarta as in her bio.

Comment

Originally posted by wombat View Post
                              Her only sundanese word was "sok". One sok does not a sundanese make
                              She doesn't speak much Sundanese, but she is not speaking Indonesian in a flat Jakartan accent, her accent is Sundanese (mostly). Listen to her falling from motorcycle skit, an Indonesian from, say, Yogya is not going to sound that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X