Daihatsu Sirion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daihatsu Sirion

I've raved about the specs and price of this bad boy for a while. Yesterday I dropped by the Daihatsu dealer, and was offered a chance to test-drive it. I took it for a ten-minute spin, and came away impressed for what it's worth. The 1.3L engine is surprisingly peppy. My first impression was the sharp jolt produced by nothing more than letting go of the clutch a bit. At Rp. 150juta, it's the top of our list, ahead of the usual suspects (Suzuki Karimun, KIA Picanto, Suzuki Splash and Nissan March). This is as close as it gets to a Japanese Mini.

Last edited by Hombre de Maiz; 17-06-11, 21:25. Reason: Change picture to reflect the exact looks of the Indonesian model

spacious looking too
    On Religion: Deep down they really believe it's a scam and they don't like to be reminded of their gullibility

Comment

Well, if you are looking to impress the girls or to haul several of them back to your pad, you might want to look elsewhere...

Comment

Not an environmentalist Hombre?
        These used to be available with an 800cc engine.
        I had one (older model) back in Perth.
        Pretty reliable, very economical (you really don't need that extra power in a car like this).
        Zippy and good in traffic.
        If you go to Japan you will see these daihatsu 'Minis' all over the road.
        I would only have concern with flooding on the roads here.
        Sirion has the clearance of a go-cart and if the electronic ignition gets wet you might have to flip it over and use it as a canoe!
        Happy motoring.

Comment

Precisely because I want to reduce gas consumption, I am looking at a small engine rig like the Sirion. Reviews indicate that the 1.3L engine in the Sirion is the pick of the micro engines found in so-called "city cars" in terms of a balance between power and fuel consumption.

Oh yeah, something that I did notice during the test drive is that the engine is a little screamer so you'll hear it when revving it up...

Comment

Good looking. Are those wheels standard? 150jt is a bargain. How are the residual values doing?

Comment

The rims on the picture above are not the rims on the Indonesian model. Other than that, that's pretty much what it looks like here...They go for Rp. 175 juta here in Bali with an instant Rp. 20juta cash-back. I imagine it is a couple of juta cheaper in Jakarta. Here are the rims on the Indonesian version...

Comment

Suzuki SX4? I like the AWD version in the US.

The 1.0L in the Xenia isn't too bad. Would have been nice to put it in this.

Comment

The Suzuki SX4 is not in the same dimensions, engine displacement or price band as the Sirion. The Suzuki model that competes with the Sirion is the Splash.
                  Last edited by Hombre de Maiz; 16-06-11, 12:56.

Comment

....And how much is the (claimed) fuel economy?

Comment

Urban: 8.6 l/100 km
                      Extra-Urban: 5.2 l/100 km
                      Combined: 6.4 l/100 km

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_39 View Post
                        Suzuki SX4? I like the AWD version in the US.

The 1.0L in the Xenia isn't too bad. Would have been nice to put it in this.
                        Is the Xenia just a Toyota Avanza that's been rebadged?
                        They look identical to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt D View Post
                          Is the Xenia just a Toyota Avanza that's been rebadged?
                          They look identical to me.
                          Yup they are the same. Just like the Daihatsu Terios and Toyota Rush. Toyota owns the majority stake of Daihatsu.
                          I'm fully devoted to my job. 10% on Mon, 20% on Tue, 40% on Wed, 25% on Thurs and 5% on Fri.

Comment

what is the miles per gallon for this car?

Comment

Hombre gave enough info for a quick calculation to get what you want to know. I am on my blackberry so can't conveniently help you. But a quick top of my head process goes like this:
                              100km/8.6L = 12.5km/L
                              12.5km/L = 8mi/L
                              8mi/L = 29.6mi/gal

It is off by a few percent I am sure. Did it in my head, you can do the real work or google a calculator for the conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X