Announcement

Collapse

Forum Software Migration (2nd Update)

As you may have noticed, the forum software has undergone a bit of a facelift. We've migrated from vBulletin4 to vBulletin5.2.2. As with all software major updates, there will undoubtedly be a few hiccups. As with all software upgrades, vBulletin has made changes in how their software works, so there may be a bit of a learning curve as you re-orient yourself to their changed environment.

We have worked through the initial hiccups that were reported. If you experience additional issues, please pm them to wm and we'll work through them. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
paman and wm
See more
See less

Your Favorite Thing About Indonesia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite Thing About Indonesia

Ok, with the negativity going on the other thread. I am going to see what positive stuff we can come up with. What is your #1 favorite thing about Indonesia?

Our lovely Indonesian husbands, wifes, fiancées and GFs are #1 of course, but the #1 after them

1b) The positive response I get when I utter just the simplest Bahasa phrase. "Hatur Nuhun," "Sami-Sami," "Mangga," etc. They are so happy to hear it lol.

1c) The fact that I have to drive so little, I have put less that $3 in gas in my Scooter this month .
    Last edited by cup1981; 26-12-10, 23:55.

Gosh Cup I would have thought you would have picked your wife (fiance?) or maybe your ex after reading this. Gas savings and language uses over her. Naughty naughty Cuppy.

1. I like the availability of women who want to get naked and play with me.

2. General politeness and several welcoming attitudes here (ties into number 1. often too)

3. I enjoy the Indonesian language.

4. An abundance of beautiful land to wander and view.

5. Inexpensive day to day.
    Last edited by Pimpin; 26-12-10, 23:51.

Comment

Favorite: My beautiful Indonesian wife is at the top of my list, without a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pimpin View Post
        Gosh Cup I would have thought you would have picked your wife (fiance?) or maybe your ex after reading this. Gas savings and language uses over her. Naughty naughty Cuppy.

1. I like the availability of women who want to get naked and play with me.

2. General politeness and several welcoming attitudes here (ties into number 1. often too)

3. I enjoy the Indonesian language.

4. An abundance of beautiful land to wander and view.

5. Inexpensive day to day.
        Noted...Edited lol

Comment

Durian
          Asam di gunung, garam di laut bertemu dalam satu belanga. https://linuxcounter.net/cert/352656.png

Comment

Originally posted by cup1981 View Post
            1b) The positive response I get when I utter just the simplest Bahasa phrase. "Hatur Nuhun," "Sami-Sami," "Mangga," etc. They are so happy to hear it lol.
            FYI, for those who didn't know, Hatur Nuhun is not Bahasa Indonesia, it is Bahasa Sunda. It means thank you, and I believe that's a formal way. Informally, just Nuhun is fine.
            I've always heard "you're welcome" as "sama sama", maybe it's just a different pronunciation?
            Not sure about Mangga.

To further the lessons, these are Bahasa Indonesia:
            - Terima Kasih or 'ma kasih = Thank you
            - Tolong = please help
            - Permisi = please (asking permission)

Comment

Originally posted by mrtessster View Post
              Durian
              Oh my, you like that stuff?? I have tried it a few times and I can't stand it lol. More power to ya!

Comment

Ha, Durian made both lists.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_39 View Post
                  FYI, for those who didn't know, Hatur Nuhun is not Bahasa Indonesia, it is Bahasa Sunda. It means thank you, and I believe that's a formal way. Informally, just Nuhun is fine.
                  I've always heard "you're welcome" as "sama sama", maybe it's just a different pronunciation?
                  Not sure about Mangga.

To further the lessons, these are Bahasa Indonesia:
                  - Terima Kasih or 'ma kasih = Thank you
                  - Tolong = please help
                  - Permisi = please (asking permission)
                  Ahhh absolutely correct Rabbit, my bad. I always just say Bahasa and my wife gets it, I should have clarified Bahasa Sunda . I am trying to learn them both at the same time lol. My wife always yells at me because I count in Indonesian lol, she wants me to count in Sundanese.
                  Last edited by cup1981; 27-12-10, 00:21.

Comment

Does your wife have a leather outfit and a whip?

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
                      Does your wife have a leather outfit and a whip?
                      No, but hmmmmmmmm... Oh I am thinking of it in another way lol. Na my wife is actually the sweetest and least demanding woman I have ever had in my life. I just like to razz her and act like she is bossy lol. She was right behind me when I wrote the "She always yells at me part" .

ETA: and NO she is not right behind me now... I can hear Pimpin typing that question now lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by cup1981 View Post
                        Ahhh absolutely correct Rabbit, my bad. I always just say Bahasa and my wife gets it, I should have clarified Bahasa Sunda . I am trying to learn them both at the same time lol. My wife always yells at me because I count in Indonesian lol, she wants me to count in Sundanese.
                        Warning, my translations of Bahasa Indonesia, Javanese and Sundanese are informal. I don't really know much beyond the basics and what I've heard people speak around me. Though my Bahasa Indonesia is decent enough for conversations, it's definitely still broken and I have to put in an english word once every 15-20 words.

For you, Cup, in Sundanese:
                        hiji dua telu opat lima genep tujuh dalapan salapan sapuluh

For others, in Javanese:
                        siji loro telu papat limo enem pitu wolu sangga sepuluh

Comment

Actualy I was wondering if you were behind her in her skirt?

Comment

Originally posted by Pimpin View Post
                            Actualy I was wondering if you were behind her in her skirt?
                            Lol, your a dick Pimpin, but a damn funny one...

ETA: Wooo 400th post, 1 rep point lol.

Comment

Food. Tasty and conveniently available from all sorts of peddlers, stalls, and restaurants.

Comment

Working...
                              X