Motorcycle touring from Jakarta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle touring from Jakarta

Hi. I've done some motorcycle touring around Java and Sumatra and wanted to see if anyone else is into this. My current touring partner isn't available as much these days so I'm looking for someone else who might like to plan some trips on the weekends. For example, last weekend I went up to Batujaya which is a temple complex and the surrounding area. I'd also be interested to know if anyone has any advise about navigation. So far I've relied on google maps and stopping to ask directions a lot, which may not be the best system, someone recommended "wayz" to me. I tested out using andromax but the connection is random away from the city. Replies, tips and PMs warmly welcomed...

Originally posted by tomasturtle View Post
    ... I tested out using andromax but the connection is random away from the city ...

I suppose it may depend on each area too , but be informed that SmartFren (provider of Andromax) is not the biggest internet provider in Indonesia , so its coverage area may be not the best .

I guess the 3 biggerst 3G/4G internet operators are : Telkomsel (the biggest) , XL (second ?) , and Indosat .

Comment

Hi there! Where are you right now? I love motorcycle touring too. Maybe we can meet up and get to know each other. I live in bogor, west java but travel to jkt often especially weekends. Planning to ride my motorcycle from bogor to bali in the next couple months! Please pm me so we can meet up and get to know each other!

Comment

Working...
      X