No announcement yet.

Bali Property Seminar: "The Nominee Krisis - Indonesian Land Law for Foreigners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bali Property Seminar: "The Nominee Krisis - Indonesian Land Law for Foreigners

Coming up during the week ahead. See attachment. forum_flyer_english.jpg

This "seminar" is more likely just an opportunity for sponsors with a pecuniary interest in down-playing the risk of using a nominee to pad their potential foreign buyers list.

Comment

The path forward is "don't use nominees".

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
        This "seminar" is more likely just an opportunity for sponsors with a pecuniary interest in down-playing the risk of using a nominee to pad their potential foreign buyers list.
        From what I understand, and perhaps Susi should add to this, but it's to explain that the nominee system used by foreigners to purchase property in Indonesia is illegal and the seminar should point out that the only way for a foreigner to legally have property in Indonesia is by lease agreement only.

Comment

As I understand the nominee system, it is not expressly prohibited by Indonesian statue. That being said, experiences described on-line, including some referenced in this Forum, suggest it is an extremely risky proposition for foreigners. Should problems arise there is essentially no recourse in practice.

Those sponsoring the "seminar" are entities which profit from the sale of property to foreigners. Any view, information imparted is going to be colored by that vested interest.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
            Those sponsoring the "seminar" are entities which profit from the sale of property to foreigners...
            Oh I see, I just looked at the flyer and now see who this seminar is being sponsored by.

Comment

The fine print usually tells a somewhat different story than the headlines.

Comment

Buy timeshare or condotel with buy back guarantee l.. best you can do..

Comment

Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
                  Buy timeshare or condotel with buy back guarantee l.. best you can do..
                  Uh huh. And when the developer goes under, what happens to that guarantee?
                  Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

So many people fall for "loophole" in the law that "allows you to own your own property in Bali" I have met the young kids paid to give out the leaflets here and they get quite pissy when you explain foreigners cant own property here. I pity the people that fall for the spiel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                      dunno about the guarantee but you do get to keep the set of steak knives
                      The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                        The beauty of Indonesia... no one ever know the ending of the story, even if it is written black on white.

Comment

From Nusa Lembongan 2011

"[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by macvert View Post
                            dunno about the guarantee but you do get to keep the set of steak knives
                            Hopefully, they're a Ginzu set.
                            Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

The "cliff" frontage seems appropriate; perfect place to step off once your money and land title evaporate.

Comment

Working...
                              X