No announcement yet.

A (mostly) weekly open blues jam on Saturday nights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You make it sound like it's miles away gab... it's in Cikini, quit stalling, and show up :P
    sigpic
    bassist, perl ninja, random stranger

Comment

ah madcat.. you know how far it is to go there ( for me ... some drama wouldnt hurt eh ha ha ..) , plus my weekends in august has already been occupied by family matters. you know crazy big family can be sure i'll show up one day and give you some song requests ..
      dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

Requests are fine but you'll have to get on stage to sing em :P

If you're going in September let me know, I'm going on a bit of a forced break from playing bass (managed to get my ulnar nerve pinched a couple days ago, it needs rest... *sigh*) but will make sure to line up schedules and all
        sigpic

Comment

How's the flossing going CrazyPussy?
          Cicak Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
            How's the flossing going CrazyPussy?
            Strangely enough not helping much - playing bass on the other hand, much better
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MadCat View Post
              Requests are fine but you'll have to get on stage to sing em :P
              I can sing! Just like this!

Comment

one of the comment in youtube was :
                "Vocal professionals recognize how very difficult it is to intentionally sing just a little bit flat, or very slightly off-tempo. The sheer emotion on "I am Woman" (seriously) makes one believe the lyrics. ".. and yes agree....

at first i was surprised and thought it was supposed to be for real .. lol

Comment

Tomorrow it's on again so.... why don'tcha come by Puspa? :P
                  sigpic

Comment

It's a good idea - we rarely make it to Menteng anymore, but there are some places up there we love. I'll mention it to my better half - I could see doing drinks and dinner at Shanghai Blue, followed by a visit to the blues jam, as a great evening. I'm not a night person, though. Does it truly start around 9:30, or do things tend not to get going until later? Sadly, I'm usually sound asleep by 11:30 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                      It's a good idea - we rarely make it to Menteng anymore, but there are some places up there we love. I'll mention it to my better half - I could see doing drinks and dinner at Shanghai Blue, followed by a visit to the blues jam, as a great evening. I'm not a night person, though. Does it truly start around 9:30, or do things tend not to get going until later? Sadly, I'm usually sound asleep by 11:30 or so.
                      Generally things tend to kick off around 9:30/10 - depends a bit on when people start showing up, because you need at least a drummer and a guitarist But you can always be a revolutionary and stay up till midnight, right?!
                      sigpic

Comment

So last weekend was pretty good, against better judgement (my own :P) I'm posting this one, just a short little fragment of what kind of stuff goes on, recorded on my potato (ehr.. phone), and liberally dotted with either myself or my neighbours talking and hollering. But hey, it's just to give you an idea...

sigpic

Comment

madcat.. are you going to perform this saturday?

Comment

Working...
                          X