No announcement yet.

Jakarta Night Life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new club Nebula just had its soft opening at Central Park Mall in West Jakarta yesterday (June 6th) located in the blitzmegaplex cinema complex (parking at P13). There's still a lot of fine tuning to do but its mission is to be a great place to party strictly without drugs...excepting alcohol. :P

Club Nebula

"May You Live Long And Party"

Comment

Originally posted by JolieGal View Post
      The best long island I have ever tasted in Jakarta is in TGI. One glass and I am merry. It helps if you tell the service personnel "make it strong, not sweet." I just found that out actually. Cocktails are ladies' favorite, and the ladies here (like most Indonesians to be honest) love sugar and they prefer it sweet to mask the alcohol taste (which beats the purpose actually...go figure).
      Isn't that the whole purpose of a mixed drink? To make it sweet so you can down the foul taste of alcohol. That's why it's rum and coke, scotch and soda, gin and tonic, etc. I think some people prefer to go easy on their taste buds and pace their alcohol consumption, so they like the sweeter drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by martindo View Post
        Isn't that the whole purpose of a mixed drink? To make it sweet so you can down the foul taste of alcohol. That's why it's rum and coke, scotch and soda, gin and tonic, etc. I think some people prefer to go easy on their taste buds and pace their alcohol consumption, so they like the sweeter drinks.
        No. What a ridiculous post

Comment

Really? Let's have a show of hands of how many people consume neat drinks. And what is the main reason they don't.

Comment

the main reason i cant drink is ... am driving .. when am not driving, i'd drink....gloriously :-)
            Really? Let's have a show of hands of how many people consume neat drinks. And what is the main reason they don't.
            dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

I go to jakarta100bars.com for recommendation
              and to see a glimpse of jakarta underworld hehe
              [FONT=tahoma]be strong.. I whispered to my wi-fi signal[/FONT]

Comment

Where are you from? (Not where do you live). You've never had the pleasure of a fine single malt whiskey?

You had a go at rum as well.. Please get a sample of Ron zacapa XO, a 25 year old aged rum matured in the Guatemalan mountains, and tell me you need to splash coke in it...

Comment

I always love whiskey on the rock, enjoy the tha taste rather than mix it with coke or even green tea

Jolie: yeah the singers in HRC were horrible, remember the lead singer, instead reaching high note, she was screaming like in hell, and her voice could really hurt our ears

Comment

All of my guy friends overseas. They considered it unbecoming for them to drink cocktails.

The problem with some people, they don't like the real taste of drink or food they have but they still want the effect, hence the sweetening ingredients.

Originally posted by hendry_ohe View Post
                    I always love whiskey on the rock, enjoy the tha taste rather than mix it with coke or even green tea

Jolie: yeah the singers in HRC were horrible, remember the lead singer, instead reaching high note, she was screaming like in hell, and her voice could really hurt our ears
                    Hahaha, pitch imperfect indeed.
                    [FONT=palatino linotype]Fashionably sensitive but too cool to care. [/FONT]

Comment

In dragonfly once a colleague and I were hanging out with a group of our clients, they had a bottle of Macallan 18 on the table (my personal favourite whiskey, but runs about 3,000,000 rp a bottle in the UK, god knows how much in Indonesia) and they were mixing it with green tea

I thought at first what a waste, and thought it was funny. My colleague on the other hand is Scottish, and he was disgusted by it!!

You'd probably get beaten up if you did that in Glasgow

Comment

wow.. nice dj, i like har rock cafe

Visit my Threat
                        PokerKiuKiu and PokerVoVo

Comment

Originally posted by mindblown View Post
                          I go to jakarta100bars.com for recommendation
                          and to see a glimpse of jakarta underworld hehe
                          unfortunately that site not provide most of the underground life..

HRC is not good as the old days, even my dad said it was sh*t now.
                          gonna miss the old days where I can drink and have fun with my dad on HRC.

question guys, as you know most of indonesians is having fasting month right now.
                          are the bar at Central Park Mall will be close temporarily or they still open but with no alcohol serving?

Comment

Working...
                          X