Jakarta Night Life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jakarta Night Life

Hello guys, i'm hendika from Jakarta. I work at Hard Rock Cafe and 365 Ecobar as a DJ

Maybe you want to know more about Jakarta nightlife (club event, party, community, etc...) don't hesitate to ask me anything, i'd like to share information with you guys. Cheers

Welcome to the site
    Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

Comment

hmmm... what kind of information can u give hendika?
      hmmm... probably care to make some community event?
      [COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=tahoma]I'm glad to be back
      [/FONT]
      [/COLOR]

Comment

hard rock.. i used to love to hang out in HRC .. the first one in sarinah. food was great, music, nice crowd .. after they moved to ex.. i could not really enjoy the sound... was not as great as in sarinah ( at least IMO)
        i have never tried the one in PP. is it better than EX?
        dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

I thought Hard Rock closed when it left EX. It was good back in Sarinah 10 years ago.

Comment

they open in pacific place now. .. yeah the one ins arinah was the best ... still remember how fun it was to dance on the table lol
            Originally posted by Berlarutlarut View Post
            I thought Hard Rock closed when it left EX. It was good back in Sarinah 10 years ago.

Comment

Dancing on the table sounds fun!

Comment

Originally posted by naughtygab View Post
                they open in pacific place now. .. yeah the one ins arinah was the best ... still remember how fun it was to dance on the table lol
                oh that was you!

Comment

Originally posted by whatever View Post
                  Dancing on the table sounds fun!
                  Hey, I thought you are a dugem (duduk gemetar berdzikir) type kinda gurl?

Comment

ha ha .... it was 12 of us ... dont think i'd do it again ever... *cross your fingers*
                    Originally posted by Berlarutlarut View Post
                    oh that was you!

Comment

Originally posted by naughtygab View Post
                      hard rock.. i used to love to hang out in HRC .. the first one in sarinah. food was great, music, nice crowd .. after they moved to ex.. i could not really enjoy the sound... was not as great as in sarinah ( at least IMO)
                      i have never tried the one in PP. is it better than EX?
                      Tried the new Hard Rock at PP, not very good. It is set up as a family restaurant and doesn't have the feel of what a real Hard Rock should be (a little darker, club/pub feel). Had three cocktails and the appetizer sampler platter, the cost was almost 700K. Drinks were weak and the food was just so so.

Comment

thanks vanuatu.. so i'll delete it from my list if i happen want to do those old crazy cool act someday. if i need to go to family resto, i have the list of appropriate resto that would be less expensive but give better ambiance
                        yeah after the chef was replaced ( starting in ex) the food quality drowning..
                        maybe the Op could give a shout to the company ..

Originally posted by vanuatu View Post
                        Tried the new Hard Rock at PP, not very good. It is set up as a family restaurant and doesn't have the feel of what a real Hard Rock should be (a little darker, club/pub feel). Had three cocktails and the appetizer sampler platter, the cost was almost 700K. Drinks were weak and the food was just so so.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, was thinking of going to hard rock tonight. Won't bother now. My pet peeve is expensive cocktails and then they have the nerve to not put a decent measure of alcohol in it. How much are they trying to charge, 100k for a mocktail with a splash of water down vodka?

You should have sent them back, don't let them get away with it.

Stayed in a hotel in puncak once where the cocktails were over 150k. Ordered a Long Island.. Basically it was just watered down coke in a tumbler. I sent it back. Came back again, barely any difference. I asked to speak to the manager, complained about what was basically a scam. He apologised. The 3rd time lucky came back.. Was basically a tumbler half whiskey half tequila!! I was out for the count after that 1 drink.

Comment

I won't recommend Hard Rock Cafe either. The food is mediocre. The band, oh the band...is earsplitting bad to say it nicely. Nope. Not gonna again.

The best long island I have ever tasted in Jakarta is in TGI. One glass and I am merry. It helps if you tell the service personnel "make it strong, not sweet." I just found that out actually. Cocktails are ladies' favorite, and the ladies here (like most Indonesians to be honest) love sugar and they prefer it sweet to mask the alcohol taste (which beats the purpose actually...go figure).
                            [FONT=palatino linotype]Fashionably sensitive but too cool to care. [/FONT]

Comment

Thanks Jolie for the rec and the reminder!!!. Living in jkt for 2 years with always a plan to go to TGI one day.. Never seemed to happen! My wife always went on about the beef ribs.. Need to fast for 24hrs then head in there tomorrow! Thanks for the tip re the cocktails too.

Back home I only drink real ale, whiskey or rum. But in asia unless in a top bar the choice is pretty limited (no cask ales naturally). So i generally drink cocktails in Indonesia when I get bored of the beer

Comment

Working...
                              X