Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hogfest 2014

COME AND JOIN US!

The Yayasan Indonesia Chapter Harley Owner Group (YHOG) would like to invite you to our annual charity event to help Indonesian Children with cleft palate defects, HOGFEST 2014. All proceeds raised from this event will be donated to our partners at The Gentur Cleft Foundation.

Date: Saturday, 10th May 2014

Time: 6.30pm – finish

Place: Gedung Manggala Wanabakti
    Jl.Gatot Subroto, Senayan, Jakarta Pusat

Activities:

Live Band - Seven Eleven Band
    Free Great Western Food & Beer all night long
    Full Bar Service
    Cool Auctions
    Roaming Street Magician
    Traditional Dancer (by expat wives and gfs)
    Harley Davidson Display
    And many more attraction

Dress Code: It’s a Biker Charity Event! Anything Goes!

Ticket price: IDR 700k [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]All tickets include free awesome western food (haram and halal), beers all night long and a Lucky Draw ticket![/COLOR][/SIZE]
    The rumors I heard there will be beef craving station and pit roasted pigs there! Or something else that is just as awesome!

For Ticket Sales Please pm or email me [email protected]

For More Info contact Ms. Rio, Yayasan HOG Coordinator
    Tel: 0813 1794 2551
    Email: [email protected]
    Fax: (62-21) 719-5458

Last edited by Carrot Cake; 20-03-14, 20:35.
    Always try to be modest. And be damn proud of it!

This event is not only for biker community. Non bikers are very welcome to join the fun and even the group if you are interested. The Yayasan Harley Owner Group Indonesia chapter is a non profit group, leveraging it shared love of the Harley-Davidson motorbike to raise funds exclusively in support of a variety of children's charities through its activities. It is one of Indonesia's major charities for Cranial Facial Reconstructive surgery for cleft lip and cleft palate. Unlike most of the charity groups it took zero operational cost from the charity money since each and every member always pays for himself/herself for its activities. All members have full time job in various sectors, except for one coordinator/secretary that is paid by one company sponsor. The reason why I support them.

For more information and documentation about this group and its partner please take a look at below links:

http://yayasanhog.com/about/

https://www.facebook.com/yayasan.hog

Notes: We could make it as venue for the the gathering event. I know that there will be more than 500 people there so we need to wear something to mark each other like bunny tails or ears or somethin like that. It will be fun I promise you! Imagine gathering event with the red carpet experience!

[COLOR=#373737][FONT=Helvetica Neue]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Last edited by Carrot Cake; 19-03-14, 15:06.

Comment

Sounds great, thanks for the info!

Comment

Harley riders, especially when they are in packs, don't have a sterling reputation around here. Is this group different?

Comment

That's all press, this is a community event.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
            Harley riders, especially when they are in packs, don't have a sterling reputation around here. Is this group different?
            The thing is, this is the only Harley Owner Group I know so I am not familiar with another to tell whether it's different or not. I know there are more than a dozen other HOG group here in Jakarta only. What I can tell you is that this group is harmless, down to earth and know how to have fun. They don't beat people or destroy things like Sons Of Anarchy members if that's what you are worried about. They do talk and laugh loud, yes - especially when they are drunk, but then again, who doesn't? You've met my husband, Bill. He's quite civilized, isn't he? Other members is just like him, more or less. Not as cute, but you know what i mean

This group is very serious about their cause. This charity event is their baby. They'll behave.
            Last edited by Carrot Cake; 19-03-14, 21:26.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmi james View Post
              That's all press, this is a community event.
              Everything seems to get hyped around here, but I have been herded to the curb when a Harley group wants to parade their hogs unimpeded by the lesser folks in mere autos. Community event or not, I'm not persuaded by a "shot the messenger" excuse, that the reputations has not been earned.

Comment

Well, if you are not a Harley fan like me then come for the food and the cause (and the gathering perhaps!). Can always ignore those bikers. Most of the attendances last year aren't bikers so should be ok. I can assure you that most of bikes owned by the group members will sit nicely as decoration on the D day.

Not sure about the other guests' bikes tho. And ummm... the Porsche club will be attending as well... So...
                Last edited by Carrot Cake; 19-03-14, 22:21.

Comment

Harley Davidson ?? Thats the car sticker isnt it ??

Comment

Originally posted by Carrot Cake View Post
                    The thing is, this is the only Harley Owner Group I know so I am not familiar with another to tell whether it's different or not. I know there are more than a dozen other HOG group here in Jakarta only. What I can tell you is that this group is harmless, down to earth and know how to have fun. They don't beat people or destroy things like Sons Of Anarchy members if that's what you are worried about. They do talk and laugh loud, yes - especially when they are drunk, but then again, who doesn't? You've met my husband, Bill. He's quite civilized, isn't he? Other members is just like him, more or less. Not as cute, but you know what i mean

This group is very serious about their cause. This charity event is their baby. They'll behave.
                    Thanks for the explanation. That's pretty much what I expected knowing you and your husband. All I was asking for was confirmation that there are "good guy/gal" Harley riders, as well as the other kind.

Comment

Here I am from Wisconsin, the home of Harley and to this day I don't understand why anyone would want to buy one of the lowest quality motorcycles ever made. I understand it's a name but really, a waste of money none the less.
                      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
                        Here I am from Wisconsin, the home of Harley and to this day I don't understand why anyone would want to buy one of the lowest quality motorcycles ever made. I understand it's a name but really, a waste of money none the less.
                        Because when you buy another brand of motorcycle you cant dress up in naff shit with "live to ride" written all over it and pretend to be a badass biker at the weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
                          I understand tho, at least from my man and his buddies' point of view. Most of them are tall and big, came from the Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man culture and have a wee bit too much testosterone in their blood lol. Other bikes are either too fancy, flashy, expensive or too small. My man looks good on Harley. Not so much on Chopper. And oh God! I hope I will never see him on BMW bike or GP500. He is old fashioned and it's hot!

Comment

Originally posted by Carrot Cake View Post

Not sure about the other guests' bikes tho. And ummm... the Porsche club will be attending as well... So...

Comment

My opinion will be biased cause I am married with one. I could defend Harley Man forever if I want to. But that's not why I started this post.

I post the event announcement with a good will to promote the cause, raising funds for Indonesian children, not promoting the bike or the group. Whether any of you come or not, I have done my part to share the news here. I am not trying to lure a confrontation or anything as such, tho you guys always find away to have it anyway. Please, if you want to start another discussion vs Harley Man please start a new thread and you guys could badtyping them all you like. Fair enough?

Comment

Working...
                              X