New Years in Jakarta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by invinsible cities View Post
    So basically you go to Plaza Indonesia in the afternoon, go around the mall until bored or go watch movies to in 21cineplex until night time, then at 11pm go to some bar at Plaza Indonesia until countdown?? But then how will you go home after that? Forget going home and book 1 night in Hyatt?
    Way ahead of you. Booked it in January.
    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
      ...Unless picking pockets is your profession.
      Or getting drunk on a bottle of topi miring with your mates and deciding to have a go at slapping/ insulting /staring at / or talking english badly / to the first bule they can find.

Comment

I am guessing you have met my relatives then, Scoot.

Comment

If you have to go out, also mind the rain.

It can rain quite nastily in the NYE.
          [COLOR=black]
          [/COLOR]

Comment

if hotel rooms are going to be outlandishly pricey, just find a group of mates to multiply the fun while sharing the room and cost. but this only works if you're still feeling on the right side of your 20s.

Comment

Originally posted by topsykretts View Post
              but this only works if you're still feeling on the right side of your 20s.
              Or the people you are sharing the room with are still in their 20s, very close friends and female, if you know what i mean

Comment

Last year for NYE, they closed down Sudirman from the Plaza Indonesia circle south (similar to what they do on Sunday mornings). Was kind of a street fair, some stages with bands on the circle etc. Pretty crowded on the circle at midnight (I was there for the countdown) and lots of dangerous fireworks exploding all around (people shooting them off personally in the crowd) but fun anyway. Was also very dirty b/c had rained so lots of mud etc. Crowd was slow moving in places with lots of bottlenecks. After midnight, went up to Skye where they were having a DJ party - and because we went up after midnight, they didn't even check/charge us entrance. Stayed there until about 4 or 5am.....there were cleanup crews out and Sudirman was just reopening.....

Comment

muddy street?

Forget fancy shoes then.

Comment

It seems the head of Muhammadiyah was hanging out in the Grand Hyatt club lounge tonight. He was there during the free drink happy hour, but I didn't see him with a drink in his hand or anything.
                    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Working...
                    X