New Years in Jakarta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years in Jakarta

Hi everyone, this is going to be the first new years that i spend in Jakarta. Will there be anything exciting to do? Or is it rather laid back?

Suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks in advance!

Originally posted by losthero View Post
    Hi everyone, this is going to be the first new years that i spend in Jakarta. Will there be anything exciting to do? Or is it rather laid back?

Suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks in advance!
    Hi there

Yeh same for me, been here for a little bit but this is my first NYE in JKT. So i'm also keen to find out whats happening in the city.

Comment

Go to Domain, it's a nice club in Senayan City, or Portico, a bar also in Senayan City. My suggestion is. you go have dinner in Portico first then go to Domain cos traffic will be bad after 9pm in Jakarta.

Comment

Domain is underground. Where are good places to see the fireworks?

Comment

The Plaza Indonesia traffic circle is always a happening place. I'll be in the vicinity this year.
          Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

My advice would be to stay fairly local (within walking distance if possible) as the traffic will be absoute murder in Jakarta and there is nothing like a standing on the side of the road half pissed for ages trying to get a taxi (that wont rob you blind) to kill your festive spirit. Been there seen it done it got the T shirt.

Comment

Hmm, there are many options but yes, you will get stuck if you drive a vehicle. Go out by taxi before 9pm is my suggestion.

Places out doors are:

Monas, Ancol, Lucy in the Sky, Beer Gaden.

Comment

I would listen to Scooter on this, if you can't walk back, don't bother going. If you're young and not adverse to crowds and hassles, Jaime's suggestion is decent… but it'll be mobbed. Last year our NYE party had two types of guests…. those who could make it easily and those who were insanely late… because of having to cross that traffic circle.
                QUOTE: "Anybody who throws a few pieces of chicken or whatever meat they have onto a gas grill deserves what they get..."

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRedSox View Post
                  I would listen to Scooter on this, if you can't walk back, don't bother going. If you're young and not adverse to crowds and hassles, Jaime's suggestion is decent… but it'll be mobbed. Last year our NYE party had two types of guests…. those who could make it easily and those who were insanely late… because of having to cross that traffic circle.
                  A couple of years ago, I watched the traffic circle there come to a complete stop. I'm not sure if it was 10pm, or 11pm, but it certainly happens pretty easily.

I wouldn't want to drive in it, but as long as I can use a smallish amount of points to book the Hyatt for the night, with free entertainment in the lobby, I'll do it. (Sorry to say, the Hyatt is requiring 50% more points for bookings made Jan 7th, 2014.
                  Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

My favourite place to watch firecracker around Monas is 2nd floor of Gambir train station.
                    https://addy.co/gambir_stasiun

Or you can join us at my grandpa place.
                    https://addy.co/my_home

By the way, with addy you can easily share your location whenever you need to organize a gathering .
                    Create your own addy URL for bussiness or personal purpose on this link : https://addy.co/r/38dd9c , and share your addies URL with friends,clients or colleagues simply by sending the memorable URL in SMS, BBM , email or Whatsapp.

Comment

This is my first to celebrate NY in Jakarta too..
                      I've been staying in Japan for more than 5 years but there's hardly no fireworks at the place I lived..
                      I was hoping to see more fireworks in Jakarta..
                      Care to tell me how long is the fireworks and is it worth it??
                      I live in a place with a walking distance to MONAS though~

Comment

Originally posted by ☆★kyo_9★☆ View Post
                        I live in a place with a walking distance to MONAS though~
                        Do yourself a favour and stay away from Monas not a good place to be on new years eve.

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                          Do yourself a favour and stay away from Monas not a good place to be on new years eve.
                          ...Unless picking pockets is your profession.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                            The Plaza Indonesia traffic circle is always a happening place. I'll be in the vicinity this year.
                            So basically you go to Plaza Indonesia in the afternoon, go around the mall until bored or go watch movies to in 21cineplex until night time, then at 11pm go to some bar at Plaza Indonesia until countdown?? But then how will you go home after that? Forget going home and book 1 night in Hyatt?

Comment

Originally posted by invinsible cities View Post
                              Domain is underground. Where are good places to see the fireworks?
                              CENTRAL PARK MALL...!! My kind of fireworks.

They held it every national and international celebration, like Indonesia independence day, christmas and new years eve.

They put fireworks on top of 3 story building. So fireworks scene are viewable quite close to me. Going from 10 - 15 minutes, then the last firewoks would make a big boom! Added with the accoustic of the mall (this fireworks take place in surrounded buildings of mall and apartments), the last boom would make me sober from my beer.

After that, i feel i must go back to my beer. There's "La Biere", a place for me to grab beers in celebration occasion. There's also new resto just recently open, "Tapas De Espana". But i don't go there yet. Maybe because i like 'cuccina italiana' better.

Also, the park is filled with so many little lights outspreaded along the grass, and that one gigantic christmas tree! Too big! I can't get a good picture!

Comment

Working...
                              X