Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indonesia International Cooking Club in jakarta

[COLOR=#0000ff]Indonesia International Cooking Club[/COLOR]

Are you a food lover? Do you enjoy cooking for friends? Do you like to share recipes and cooking tips?
    Do you like to cook dishes from your country? Are you able to host a group of ladies 2 to 3 times a year? Do you have time every last Friday from 10 to 2pm?
    If you answer ya, ja,yes,oui, sim, hai, sì, da, да, ใช่, evet, అవును, oo, 是, 예, send us an email with your name and country that you will represent and we will forward you the rules and information about our Indonesia International Cooking Club.We are non profit food lovers in Jakarta
    Seats are limited and we allow only two participants from the same country.

indointercookingclub@yahoo.com

I would not mind to host the ladies 2-3 times a year.....but my wife would

Comment

Why on Friday?

Why not Saturday?
      [COLOR=black]
      [/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR=#333333]Sounds interesting - I love to cook - but to be honest I'd prefer a group that isn't restricted to "ladies." Men (like my husband!) are often great cooks. Women (like me!) are often busy in the middle of the day because we hold jobs.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Good luck anyway; to be fair, there are plenty of households that reflect the traditional roles your group is based on[/COLOR]

Comment

Pusp, maybe we should have one a few times a year over in Bandung at my house... I am quite open to visitors attending and cooking for me. hehehe (**disclaimer: as long as they aren't a pain in the arse & reasonably sociable )

Also if chicken is on the menu, be careful not to mention it out loud in front of Madonna , Bo Diddley, Macy Gray, and their offspring they might take it personally... ( Eric Clapton sadly passed away earlier in the year...)
          I can provide the eggs or should I say the above mentioned chickies can.

I can also provide the choc-chip chocolate cake for dessert, which I can very easily convert to BF gateau should it be a more fancy occasion.
          Cicak Magnet

Comment

You had a chicken named Eric Clapton? That's awesome. I'm sorry he is no longer with you.

I'd be delighted to cook for the incomparable bad_azz, though I suspect there are a few members of the forum whose culinary skills exceed my own.

Comment

The plan sounds grand! I am happy to make harira soup for the party.

Comment

Pusp & pony... keep it simple guys, obviously the more calories & the less fish the better from my perspective,
                I can also throw in a few glasses of the home brew cider

we could call it KISS (Keep it simple, stupid) Cooking at Baddie's ... or KISSCAB
                Last edited by bad_azz; 07-11-13, 13:53.
                Cicak Magnet

Comment

I had better apologise for hi-jacking the thread ... oops sorry.
                  Cicak Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
                    Pusp & pony... keep it simple guys, obviously the more calories & the less fish the better from my perspective,
                    I can also throw in a few glasses of the home brew cider
                    Keep it simple....well since in another thread the topic of Britishness is hot right now, I suggest baked beans on toast.

Comment

Originally posted by ponyexpress View Post
                      Keep it simple....well since in another thread the topic of Britishness is hot right now, I suggest baked beans on toast.
                      I do that often, but on home baked bread of course With a fried kampung egg on top
                      Cicak Magnet

Comment

I can't participate in this thread right now. I'm too hungry, it's torturing me...

Comment

@pusp, re 'please alert me if my sarcasm is bald... "
                          - I prefer it covered in whipped cream & chocolate shavings LOL
                          I have some rather divine soup with chunky croutons made from my homemade bread on the go- want a bowl? Its veggie tho... not a dead beastie in sight.
                          Cicak Magnet

Comment

Soup in Bandung? Has the temp been dropped to 10 degrees in Bandung recently? Sounds like a great weather for soup! I reckon just do simple BBQ then slice the meat up and chuck them into a bowl with some bean shoots, shredded cabbage, shredded lettuce, mint leaves, coriander leaves, chillies and crushed peanuts and drizzle lime juice, fish sauce and sesame oil.

Comment

Originally posted by ponyexpress View Post
                              Soup in Bandung? Has the temp been dropped to 10 degrees in Bandung recently? Sounds like a great weather for soup! I reckon just do simple BBQ then slice the meat up and chuck them into a bowl with some bean shoots, shredded cabbage, shredded lettuce, mint leaves, coriander leaves, chillies and crushed peanuts and drizzle lime juice, fish sauce and sesame oil.
                              All good minus the fish sauce :P
                              re the temp: it has hovered near to 12 ish in the past... most recently when we had the mini hurricane that destroyed a few houses in the kampung & lifted my roof tiles... brought a lot of trees down too...
                              The chickens survived but their lil houses took a beating
                              Cicak Magnet

Comment

Working...
                              X