Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPIA (The Indonesian-American Friendship Association) - VOA Broadcasting Fellowship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPIA (The Indonesian-American Friendship Association) - VOA Broadcasting Fellowship

PPIA cordially invite you to come to our Discussion & Press Conference for PPIA-VOA Broadcasting Fellowship at @America
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eldad_zondag; 18-04-13, 19:26.
    [FONT=Verdana]Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. -[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Aristotle -[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT]

VOA = Visa On Arrival? Voice of America? Very Odd Acronym?

Just kidding; I assume you mean the middle choice. But it would be better to specify; most of us here will see VOA and automatically think of the first option.

Comment

Yes, you have to take time to punch up the flyer to figure out what's going down. At least I did, anyway.

Comment

To be fair the OP does state [COLOR=#0000cd]VOA Broadcasting Fellowship[/COLOR]. .... and his/her JPEG does ask which young Indonesian journalist will get the opportunity to work for Voice of America doesn't it?

VOA Voice of America have been broadcasting on HF bands for decades.

http://www.voanews.com

Comment

Just for an experiment, I googled VOA using google.co.id and got the below:-

1. VOA - Voice of America English News - VOA News

www.voanews.com/ - Terjemahkan laman ini
            English news from the Voice of America. VOA provides complete coverage of the U.S, Asia, Africa and the Mideast.
            VOA Learning English - ቪኦኤ - Africa - Asia

2. Voice of America - Learn American English with VOA Special ...

learningenglish.voanews.com/ - Terjemahkan laman ini
            VOA Learning English helps you learn English with vocabulary, listening and ...

3. Beranda Situs Web VOA Indonesia - Voice of America | Bahasa ...

www.voaindonesia.com/
            Beranda situs web VOA Indonesia berisi berita, informasi terkini dan berbagai program televisi dan radio produiksi VOA.
            Indonesia - Amerika Serikat Bahasa ... - Kesempatan Kerja - Dunia

4. Berita untuk voa

ngomel

1. Identifikasi Korban dan Penyelidikan Bom Marathon Boston - Liputan Berita VOA - VOA Indonesia
              VOA Indonesia ‎- 1 hari yang lalu
              Kepolisian Amerika Serikat terus menyelidiki peledakan dua bom beruntun di Marathon Boston 15 April kemarin. Polisi memeriksa serpihan ...

1. Karir Sebagai Pelatih Sepakbola - VOA Career Day - VOA Indonesia

VOA Indonesia‎ - 16 jam yang lalu

5. VOA ISLAM : Voice of Al Islam - Voice of the Truth

www.voa-islam.com/
            Web Site Berita Islam di Indonesia dan Dunia Islam. Dilengkapi artikel Islamia, Muslimah, Remaja, Thibbun Nabawy.
            Lintas Berita Islam - Heboh! Ternyata Yesus ... - Ustadz Menjawab - Indonesiana

6. Voice of America - Wikipedia bahasa Indonesia, ensiklopedia bebas

id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_of_America
            Voice of America atau VOA (bahasa Indonesia: Suara Amerika) adalah siaran multimedia (radio, televisi dan internet) milik pemerintah Amerika Serikat, yang ...

7. Voice of America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_of_America
            Voice of America (VOA) is the official external broadcast institution of the United States federal government. It is one of five civilian U.S. international ...

etc.

On the list of Acronyms,

http://www.acronymfinder.com/VOA.html

Voice of America is top and Visa on Arival is bottom.

Comment

I am a very slow reader and tend to focus on familar words, such as "discussion" "VOA." Pardon my confusion. As Puspa noted VOA means "visa on arrival" around here, notwithstanding Google.

ps The Voice of America is a cold war relic and US government propaganda mill. I hope it gets sequestered out of existance. Of course, after it co-opts at least one more impressionable Indonesian journalism student.
            Last edited by waarmstrong; 18-04-13, 21:05.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
              I am a very slow reader and tend to focus on familar words, such as "discussion" "VOA." Pardon my confusion. As Puspa noted VOA means "visa on arrival" around here, notwithstanding Google.

[COLOR=#0000cd]ps The Voice of America is a cold war relic and US government propaganda mill. I hope it gets sequestered out of existance. Of course, after it co-opts at least one more impressionable Indonesian journalism student.[/COLOR]
              So you do know what it means.

Comment

Of course I do -- I'm old. I also do not associate it with the usual topics that come up often on this form. You know, visa questions and such.

Comment

Of course I do -- I'm old. I also do not associate it with the usual topics that come up often on this form. You know, visa questions and such.
                  Thank you for the explanation

Comment

Now that that is all cleared up, in deference to the OP below is the actual flyer:

Comment

VOA might be a propaganda mill, but would you like to relegate the task of shaping America's image to Hollywood alone?

Comment

Now that that is all cleared up, in deference to the OP below is the actual flyer:

now finally you have got there, that the flier the OP posted originally in post#1

Comment

ps The Voice of America is a cold war relic and US government propaganda mill. I hope it gets sequestered out of existance. Of course, after it co-opts at least one more impressionable Indonesian journalism student.
                          I do Apologize because I didn't wrote what's VOA stand for. It's Voice of America.
                          It's one of program from PPIA and VOA for Journalist Program for 6 to 12 months in US.

but actually, I already upload the flyer, so I thought it's been very clear.
                          [FONT=Verdana]Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. -[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Aristotle -[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]
                          [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]
                          [/FONT]

Comment

I'm sure it varies from system to system, but the graphic of the poster doesn't appear in my browser in the OP - all I get is a link to a jpg that would have to be separately clicked on. So not everybody sees the explanatory picture simply by entering the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by pip View Post
                              now finally you have got there, that the flier the OP posted originally in post#1
                              The flyer is not posted in the OP, just the link, as Puspa points out. I actually took the time to give it a face, so that those who passed it by as not interested in Visas might have a second look.

If you have any other misguided quibbles, just let me know.
                              Last edited by waarmstrong; 23-04-13, 09:56.

Comment

Working...
                              X