Hug Campaign

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hug Campaign

I made simple searching about Hug Campaign when I received invitation for Hug Campaign two months ago in Bundaran HI, Jakarta. What I got is it was found by Rev. Kevin Zaborney. It celebrates on December 18 and officially known from State. It’s new for me and sounds awesome. I decided to join but on that day, I had lots of files on my desk which needed to be done.

Well, I am suggesting to the forum if anyone could arrange this HUG DAY in Jakarta – perhaps on mid January or ??. Don’t you think Jakartans need hug to make them lil bit calm after faced the hell traffic and so forth…

Terima Kasih
    [FONT=palatino linotype]How people treat you is their KARMA, how you react is YOURS - Wayne Dryer.[/FONT]

as far as I know, this hug campaign has been done in the previous years (2011 and 2012). The invitation was post in the couchsurfing group, and its not only happen in Jakarta but also Bali. Basically you re meeting the rest of the campaign participant in the certain location (jakarta - bundaran HI, bali-legian monument) and basically approaching people. Some of my friends are getting creative by preparing a board saying "Free Hugs" in many languages
    hug campaign bali.jpg
    this was in bali
    If people say something bad against you, don’t be offended. Remember: "A dog doesn’t bark if he knows the person!"

Comment

I dont want to hug any strangers.
      Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Alia View Post
        Neither do I lol

Comment

ah alia, the OP is probably trying to get a hug from a member here, wouldnt it cute to say to the grandkids that grandma met grandpa because of the hug campaign? .
          Originally posted by Alia View Post
          @OP, ... wanna meet my friends who also like to hug? their names are Dipsy, Po, Lala and tinky winky.
          dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

Originally posted by naughtygab View Post
            ah alia, the OP is probably trying to get a hug from a member here, wouldnt it cute to say to the grandkids that grandma met grandpa because of the hug campaign? .

@OP, ... wanna meet my friends who also like to hug? their names are Dipsy, Po, Lala and tinky winky.

Hi!!! I am Po

Comment

Hugged by Dipsy, Po, Lala and tinky winky, why not? May be it looks funny..

Yet, when the last time you hug your neighbor or colleague? Ah, perhaps never cz you think they are strangers. Modern people: listen to their MP3 while on the bus, busy with their BB/line/whatsup while lunch with friends, judge things with money, suspicious to other etc.

And yeah..I’m part of them but I try my best to humanize myself - smile, hug, shake hands, listening, chat,etc.
              [FONT=palatino linotype]How people treat you is their KARMA, how you react is YOURS - Wayne Dryer.[/FONT]

Comment

IMO neighbours or colleagues are not strangers to me. and i hug them on special occasions.
                strangers is someone that i dont know anything about. and i can understand why some people refused to get hug from someone she doesnt know at all.
                hug is an expression that has higher level of a friendship... higher than shaking hands or cheek to cheek gesture.

OP, do you really hug people you have never met in the name of hug day- or quoting your word, as a part of humanizing yourself - ? even the person you will hug smells like he's never take shower for the last of 4 weeks? ... or you will only hug the good looking, rich and available guy?

Comment

And I'm no less human than what I already am if I dont want to hug any strangers. Why would I ..?
                  Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by naughtygab View Post
                    OP, do you really hug people you have never met in the name of hug day- or quoting your word, as a part of humanizing yourself - ? even the person you will hug smells like he's never take shower for the last of 4 weeks? ... or you will only hug the good looking, rich and available guy?
                    Excuse me, If I’m not mistaken the thread concerning Hug Campaign/Hug Day where you can get free hug on that occasion as it would be 99% strangers.

Oh Yes... I only hug good looking and rich people cz for me Human being is the greatest creation ever

Comment

UHM, I dont think i am desperate for (free) hugs from strangers... got many hugs already from people i know. and they also give hugs for free.
                      i dont find 'free hugs from strangers' really interesting..

Comment

and I'm so desperate to serve your comment

Comment

ahaaaaa.. i have already given it eh ... lol

Comment

All I have to do is come to Bad Ass's house and it's gonna be a hug day! I want to learn how to express my feeling though. I wouldn't mind hugging Ibu-ibu and children!! But well it's in Jakarta.

Comment

@naughtygab, will you hug me as your first stranger now? LOL...

Comment

Working...
                              X