No announcement yet.

Euro 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing is decided yet though, there is a bit of a flaw in the betting system (from my current perspective of course). With two correct teams you only score a single point (if you don't have the scores right but predict the correct win) but with a single correct team and a correct score for that team, you get a point too.

So I checked the 'top four' and looked at their maximum scores:

annchen 9 could end at 10 points
    jstar 8 could end with 11 points
    kim& mika 8 could end at 9 points
    losthero 7 could end up at 8 points
    So Ännchen would get 1 point and I could end up with 0 points when Spain beats Italy with 3-2 for instance, even with this 'correct' final. But that's okay, it will be a fair win.

When Spain loses with zero points (like 0-1) from Italy in the final, Ännchen, Kim and yours truly end up ex aequo.
    Last edited by jstar; 29-06-12, 13:56.
    [FONT=arial black]
    [/FONT]

Comment

• I hate to say this, but yeah, hats off for the Italians too. I'm just wondering what lied in Joachim Loew's head when he put in Kroos on the right side instead of the post regulars like Mueller, Kroos and Goetze. As soon as I saw his name on the post, I had a bad feeling and it turned out to be true: I never saw him roaming the right side, it was Khedira instead. Badstuber too should've been replaced by Mertesacker, he had been terrible since the game against the Greeks. As for Gomez, my feeling was rather fixed as his problem rather lied in the lack of ball supply rather than of skill, even though I had to admit Klose being brought in added some fluidity since the latter is a passer type. But whatever, as the old saying put it, nasi sudah jadi bubur busuk.

Comment

• Getting ready for the game. It will be very crowded in the bar (but probably it would have been more hectic if Germany would have played the final and if it would have taken place on Saturday night).

Spain can write history tonight by becoming the first to win three major tournaments (Euro 2008, World Cup 2010, Euro 2012) in a row. But don't underestimate Italy which surprised by sending top favorite Germany home. La Roja and the Squadra already played before in the group stage, then it was a 1-1 draw.

It seems the UEFA 'manipulated' the broadcast again btw; the German fan crying was in fact recorded before the game and not after the second goal. They have done that multiple times now. Entertainment.

Have a great night...
        [FONT=arial black]
        [/FONT]

Comment

• Manado city center was invaded by a few thousands fans of both Spain and Italy. There was several giant screens all over the city and every cars/motorbikes/trucks was carrying a flag. Well, at half time, quite a few italian fans traded theirs for a spain one.
          It was a very pleasant night/morning and I've been watching the game with a couple of friends/users of this forum.

4-0... what an humilitation. I can't remember a euro final ending with a similar result.

Comment

• Spain are inevitably being compared with the great Hungarian and Brazilian teams of previous decades. Certainly no country has ever won the World Cup or the European Nations Championship by such a huge margin. Well done to Spain and also to Italy for their contribution to an entertaining encounter. We have to sympathize with the Italians to some extent who were clearly very jaded in the second half and then reduced to ten men. Credit to Portugal who were the only country to prevent Spain from scoring a goal in normal play.

Now we can all get back to sleeping patterns, can't we? Lest we not forget Wimbledon Tennis and the London Olympics!

Comment

• Just a final thought, have we reflected on what was the goal of the tournament?

Comment

• Originally posted by mrcibubur View Post
                Now we can all get back to sleeping patterns, can't we? Lest we not forget Wimbledon Tennis and the London Olympics!
                And British Golf Open
                [FONT=Verdana]As a stranger give it welcome.
                There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
                Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
                [/FONT]

Comment

• Hereby the final overview of the Advanced Prediction:

NAME SCORE DETAILS
                  annchen 9 3+1+2+1+1+1+0
                  jstar 9 1+1+1+1+1+3+1
                  kim& mika 8 1+2+2+1+1+1+0
                  losthero 7 2+1+2+1+1+0+0
                  JolieGal 6 2+1+2+0+1+0+0
                  Sky Garden 6 1+1+3+0+1+0+0
                  Glenn Crane 5 1+1+1+0+2+0+0
                  Snowy city 5 0+1+2+1+1+0+0
                  Atlantis 4 2+1+0+1+0+0+0
                  ricky_id 4 1+2+0+1+0+0+0
                  [FONT=arial black]
                  [/FONT]

Comment

• Änchen is no more, as of now she should be addressed as:

[SIZE=4][FONT=palatino linotype]Pristine Football Expert

[/FONT][/SIZE]
                    We have given her a statue:[SIZE=4][FONT=palatino linotype]
                    [/FONT][/SIZE]

For the Pilgrims eager to see and worship, it is in Memel.

A song has been written by Ricky (in Niederdeutsch) to honor her:
                    [SIZE=1][COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]Annchen öß, de my geföllt,[/FONT][/COLOR]
                    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]Se öß mihn Lewen, mihn Goet on mihn Gölt.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]Annchen heft wedder eer Hart[/FONT][/COLOR]
                    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]Op my geröchtet ön Löw’ on ön Schmart.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]Annchen mihn Rihkdom, mihn Goet,[/FONT][/COLOR]
                    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]Du mihne Seele, mihn Fleesch on mihn Bloet.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]Quöm’ allet Wedder glihk ön ons tho schlahn,[/FONT][/COLOR]
                    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]Wy syn gesönnt by een anger tho stahn.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]Kranckheit, Verfälgung, Bedröfnös on Pihn,[/FONT][/COLOR]
                    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]Sal vnsrer Löve Vernöttinge syn.[/FONT][/COLOR]
                    [/SIZE]
                    Congratulations !!!!
                    [FONT=arial black]
                    [/FONT]

Comment

• And now the bad news: nobody correctly predicted the final (not even close) so we don't have an [FONT=book antiqua][SIZE=4]Ahli Sepak Bola[/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [FONT=arial black]
                      [/FONT]

Comment

• Hochdeutsch, Niederdeutsch, Egaldeutsch, I'm still mourning the fall of die Nationalmannschaft. After 14 consecutive wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by jstar View Post
                          Änchen is no more, as of now she should be addressed as:

[SIZE=4][FONT=palatino linotype]Pristine Football Expert[/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [SIZE=4][FONT=palatino linotype]
                          Congrats Aenchen!!!
                          [/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [FONT=palatino linotype]Fashionably sensitive but too cool to care. [/FONT]

Comment

• thanks guys! I already send my application to the DFB and I'm sure they'll employ me with these credentials

also congrats to jstar, it's a draw so he should be called [SIZE=4][FONT=palatino linotype]Pristine Football Expert [/FONT][/SIZE]as well...
                            Hidup itu pilihan!

Comment

• Well done Pristine Football Expert!

Comment

• Congrats to annchen & jstar!

Comment

Working...
                                X