Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trivia Night in Jakarta

Hi Everyone,

My name is Kanti, I'm a new comer in this forum. I'm a native Indonesian, but I have been living several years in Europe and other South East Asia countries. So, I was an expatriate for some time. And while I was a stranger in other countries, I made friends by joining some Trivia Nights held in cafes and pubs.

When I settled in Jakarta, just a couple of months ago, I searched for Trivia Nights. But, apparently that words didn't even familiar in here. So I contacted my friend, Bob, who works in a cafe, named Kopitiam Oey Salihara, and asked him to organize Trivia Nights. He welcomed my idea. He said, if I could ask 10-20 people to join, then he'll organize it every week.

And now I'm looking for some friends to join me. The event, will be conducted in English.

If any of you are interested, please message me. Or if you know, a place where I can play a Trivia Night, please message me too.

Thankssss

what is a Trivia night?
    [COLOR=black]
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by sweetmaria View Post
      what is a Trivia night?
      Trivia night is a game held in a pub or cafe, where teams try to guess different trivia questions. The winning team gets something at the end I believe.

Where is [COLOR=#333333]Kopitiam Oey Salihara?[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
        Trivia night is a game held in a pub or cafe, where teams try to guess different trivia questions. The winning team gets something at the end I believe.

Where is [COLOR=#333333]Kopitiam Oey Salihara?[/COLOR]
        It's kinda tricky to get there. where in jakarta are you, now?
        [COLOR=black]
        [/COLOR]

Comment

I've looked on the map and it's very far from where I live, so I'll pass

Comment

If you mean a pub quiz then there is one that is run on a Thursday night at Cazbar in Mega Kunigan at 8.30pm.
            The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.

Comment

Yess, exactly, Trivia night is a quiz night, held in cafes or pubs. A group of friends compete other groups, to answers some Trivia questions provided by the host.

Kopitiam Oey Salihara is in Pasar Minggu, not so far from Kemang actually. It's a part of Salihara Art and Culture Center.

Comment

Originally posted by travellingchez View Post
                If you mean a pub quiz then there is one that is run on a Thursday night at Cazbar in Mega Kunigan at 8.30pm.
                Thanks for the info, maybe I should try to come. Should I pay for the entrance?

Comment

Originally posted by Kanti View Post
                  Should I pay for the entrance?
                  at Caz?? I don't think so. It's a pub, not a club.
                  I never have to pay an entrance fee every time I go there.

I'm not sure about the quiz though. whether you have to pay if you want to join or not.
                  [COLOR=black]
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Used to have one in De Hoi also.
                    [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

Trivia night sounds awesome. Once I'm settled in Jakarta and if it's still happening, I may check it out. Keep me posted.
                      Don't be defeatist, Dear. It's very middle class - From Downton Abbey (Series)

Comment

The Trivia Night still continues at de Hooi. In fact, its one of the largest weekly Pub Quiz's anywhere in SE Asia. Averages about 15 teams of 4. Great prizes, too: the winners get their bar tab paid, and all participants even get a free pitcher of beer. Every Wednesday night, at 8pm. Full disclosure: I am the Trivia Master =)
                        Dari hatiku...

Comment

Murphys Bar in Kemang also hosts regular trivia nights.

Comment

Murphy's and EP in Kemang each hold a monthly trivia night. Cazbar in Kunningan does as well. I'm pretty sure de Hooi is the only weekly one.
                            Dari hatiku...

Comment

Originally posted by fritztastic View Post
                              The Trivia Night still continues at de Hooi. In fact, its one of the largest weekly Pub Quiz's anywhere in SE Asia. Averages about 15 teams of 4. Great prizes, too: the winners get their bar tab paid, and all participants even get a free pitcher of beer. Every Wednesday night, at 8pm. Full disclosure: I am the Trivia Master =)
                              Changed in the last few years then? Cos I went once and there was 2 teams totalling 5 people (including me).

Comment

Working...
                              X