X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Mosquito Repellent -Scientifically Tested

Hi Everyone!
    Before I tell you all about this, I just want to put up a few disclaimers:
    1. I do represent this brand, however I am being very upfront about what works and what doesn't work.
    2. We have two lines. One works 100% and the other 70-90% depending on the situation (this is due to a convenience trade off)
    3. I have personally used this brand for years before we decided to represent them, and since I have started using this product, I have only ever been bitten twice in 7 years. (Prior to that several bites a day were commonplace)
    4. The products are rigorously lab tested and scientifically proven. Please message me if you would like more information on the technicals.
    Having said that...
    The Brand is Para'Kito - it is currently available at Ranch Market, Grandlucky Pepito Bali, Bintang Bali, and soon at Mothercare, as well as available online at Tokopedia, Shopee, Lazada, etc...
    The Brand has TWO lines of products:
    1. Spatial Products
    2. Topical Products
    1. Spatial Products - these are a line of wristbands and clips that use a refillable pellet, that lasts 24 hours for 14 days, at which time the pellet should be replaced. The product works by diffusing your CO2, and other scents that attract mosquitoes. The product is intended for use in areas of low to mid level of infestation, and/or when water is involved (i.e. swimming), as the product is waterproof. Due to how mosquitoes fine their targets once they are within 1 meter of you (bright colors and they can actually feel the blood pumping thru your veins). The product (and any product that uses smell to deter mosquitoes) is designed to prevent mosquitoes that are more than 1-3 meters away from detecting you and/or making you a less desirable target in the event there are other options if the mosquito is extremely close. As such the product is not reccomended for areas of high infestation, without a secondary topical option, such as a trip to Komodo Island. The product is great, for urban use, general trekking, adventuring, days at the pool, etc. There is also a clip on version, that can be attached to belt hoops, purses and strollers.
    This product is also perfectly safe for pregnant women and babies, as the pellet (which is made with essential oils) does not actually have any skin contact, unlike many cheaper rubber wristbands. For babies, it is reccomended to put it on their ankles to avoid them putting it in their mouths.
    Oh and they look really cool to!
    ( I tried to upload images, but the forum site would not let me )
    2. Topical Products - These, are the world's first DEET Free topical products that are also free of Parabens, Sufractants, and Alcohol (Unsafe agents which are usually used to bind the effective essential oils). These products use a patented technology, which has been shown to have similar effectiveness to DEET (The technology is called PMD, please feel free to look it up ). This product, whilst more powerful than the spatial products, does have some drawbacks:
    Pros:
    - Super effective. The product will not actually just discourage mosquitoes, it will actually prevent them from landing on any skin area that you have applied it to
    Cons:
    - Limited timespan (5-8 hrs)
    - Not waterproof - Can come off with sweat, rain, swimming, which can leave you exposed (The same is true of ANY topical product)
    - Some of the stronger topical products are not suitable for pregnant women or children under the age of 6 months (There is a green and red formula. The green formula is safe for kids over 6 months of age and pregnant women, but only protects against the dengue mosquito. For the malaria mosquito, most commonly found East of Bali (Including Lombok & Komodo Island), the RED formula is reccomended for use, but not safe for pregnant women or children below 3 years of age) - The reason for this, is that Essential Oils are not reccomended to be applied on skin for pregnant women or very young children in high concentrations.
    I know there is a lot of skepticism on the effectiveness of Natural Mosquito products, so please DM/PM me if you have any questions. As mentioned, I have personally used this product for years, and am happy to answer any questions about it!

I also reccomend watching this fantastic video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVedclKuRWI
Working...
X