Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child wint indonesian woman

Hello,

So Im having a problem I will like to know if anyone had before or knows what should I do.
    I have a child with an Indonesian Women,I'm English, she lives in Bali and I live in England, back then I was living in Bali.
    I have been supporting my son for the last four years, but every year gets more difficult to see him, to get to Skype him or even see him when im Bali. Now she only asks for money, money & money and she doesn't let me have any kind of contact with or him or see him anymore. She also has drug problems, bipolarity etc.
    I need to do something but I don't even know if I have a chance, anyone here has had anything similar to this? anyone has any advice? please, be as honest as you need.

Thank you,

Are you two married ? Your son's birth certificate does state you as the father ?

Comment

We aren't married. Yes, birth certificate states as I'm the father

Comment

I think you'd have to move back to Bali long-term to sort this out, difficult to do it when you're not there. You could also consider making payments direct to school rather than to the mother first. Any money you send to her may not get spent on the child anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by lalalila View Post
          .. Yes, birth certificate states as I'm the father

Sorry for not having any related reference to present and any experience too . I guess that if you want to get the custody of your son you will need to go to the Indonesian Justice Court .
          It seems there is an Indonesian rule that a child can choose to live with either parent after the age of 12 , but it seems is applicable to Muslims and divorced couple . Even so , it may be useful to you .

If the child has not your citizenship yet , you could also think about that .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...orce..now-what (divorce , children custody)

----------------------------------

(from http://www.hukumonline.com/klinik/de...bapak-atau-ibu)
          [ ... Regarding child custody, the court usually gives custody and maintenance of minors to the mother, but if the court decides for the best interests of the child, custody may go to the father. It is based on Article 105 of the Compilation of Islamic Law ("KHI"), which says children who are not 12 years old are under the mother's right. After the child complete 12 years old he/she is given the freedom to choose to be raised by his father or mother ...]

Comment

Originally posted by lalalila View Post
            We aren't married. Yes, birth certificate states as I'm the father
            wow..you are not married but get birth certificate...i think you must try to bring your son in england if hie mother has drug problem, its not good for your son.

Geotextile - Sewa Mobil Semarang - Jasa Iklan Google Adword

Comment

Do the courts give children to the father after age 8 or so?

Comment

Originally posted by Pablisimo View Post
                Do the courts give children to the father after age 8 or so?

I guess it depends on each case . It seems that in normal conditions , children below 12 years old stay with the mother . If it is evident that it is better that the children stay with the father , then it is possible that the Court can agree .

Comment

Working...
                X