Stroller repair?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stroller repair?

We just arrived in Jakarta last week and the harness straps on our Baby Jogger City Mini stroller were broken off in airport cargo. Does anyone know where I might be able to get the stroller repaired? Anyone know of stores that sell Baby Jogger strollers (I thought they might be able to order replacement parts...)

Any advice appreciated--we love the stroller and have used it in Jakarta a lot already, but our son is not secure in it.

try mothercare.
    [COLOR=black]
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by dnlgrinnell View Post
      We just arrived in Jakarta last week and the harness straps on our Baby Jogger City Mini stroller were broken off in airport cargo. Does anyone know where I might be able to get the stroller repaired? Anyone know of stores that sell Baby Jogger strollers (I thought they might be able to order replacement parts...)

Any advice appreciated--we love the stroller and have used it in Jakarta a lot already, but our son is not secure in it.
      Getting it fixed, you could try one of those shoe/bag repair shops (often found in the basement of Malls)- they often fix all manner of things. For buying, there is of course Mothercare or other shops. ITC - the local malls - have strollers but I believe they are copies. Also, there are some big baby shops - like Suzannah.

Finally, you could try on-line:

http://www.tokobayi.com/
      http://www.cleobabys.com/
      http://www.mothercare.co.id/

Hope this helps!

Comment

Dharmawangsa Square shopping centre seems to have a high proportion of (definitely high-end) baby-type shops. I am not sure how helpful they are/will be, but just you can visit 3 or 4 at one location.
        Things happen for a reason...

Comment

If it is only the strap, you can go to Laba-Laba near Wisma Pondak Indah, Jl.Iskandar, near the Shell gas station and have the shop repair the strap.

Also, at Pondak Indah Mall one, ground floor inside Hero supermarket there is a shoe repair shop and they can repair the strap, if it is minor. Should cost approximately Rp.50,000 to have the strap cross stitch.

Hope the above helps.

Comment

As above, check out a shopping mall basement or two, they often have repair shops with the heavy-duty sewing machine you need. Which part of Jakarta (so someone can post the nearest)? In Bandung, I'd take it to one of the places that modify jeans on Cihampelas. Maybe you'll spot an old Singer in use while you're sitting in a traffic jam. Luck.

Comment

The following information are based on my previous experience with strollers.

Some middle to high-end strollers (price ranging from Rp 2.000.000,- and up) can be repaired, stroller that are bought from and carried by MotherCare will have a better chance to be repaired. MotherCare provides some stroller spare parts and they can also help with the labor service. The following are some brand I know MotherCare carry :
              • Silver Cross
              • MotherCare
              • Bugaboo
              • Mamas & Papas
              • Good Baby
              I think if the brands exists in America / Europe, then the stroller are more likely to be able to be repaired. Please keep in mind, "able to be repaired" maybe not cost effiecient, depending on the problem, it may cost a fraction of a big amount of money.

However, middle to low-end strollers (price ranging up to Rp 2.000.000,-) have less likely chance to be repaired. I assumed that middle to low-end strollers are imported from China by a local distributor, therefore most of the distributors are only importing the strollers, without their spare parts. If you have the following brands, your stroller will less likely able to be repaired.
              • Babyelle
              • Cocolatte
              • Pliko
              • See Baby

So, contact the local MotherCare of Baby Shop and see if they can repair the stroller, other wise, another option is to sell the stroller to a second hand baby shop like http://www.playgroundku.com They will consider the stroller and see if it is repairable or not. You can always trade-in or upgrade your current stroller to a new one. Or if you do not need it anymore, you can sell it and make some money out of it.
              Kids corner surabaya, sewa mainan surabaya, rental mainan surabaya, event surabay, acara surabaya, mainan surabaya playgroundku.

Comment

Working...
              X