Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sponsoring a Hajj trip for a relative. Costs/availability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsoring a Hajj trip for a relative. Costs/availability?

My FIL is turning 60 later this month, and I was thinking of helping him go on Hajj. I have no idea on the costs or details of doing this from Indonesia. I know there is some sort of quota. I can usually find hotels, and flights using miles/points, but I don't know if this is possible.

Thanks for any input!
    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

All I was ever told once was someone wanted to go and were garnering circa 27 juta for it... (they weren't asking me for a loan- just to be clear on that).
    Cicak Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
      My FIL is turning 60 later this month, and I was thinking of helping him go on Hajj. I have no idea on the costs or details of doing this from Indonesia. I know there is some sort of quota. I can usually find hotels, and flights using miles/points, but I don't know if this is possible.

Thanks for any input!
      A proper Hajj can only be done in Indonesia through the government. So no using miles or internet to book your own hotel. This is in part due to quotas set by Saudi Arabia, and also due to the giant headache of sending hundreds of thousands of people abroad (most of whom have never been abroad or even traveled by plane) at the same time.

You go to a gov't bank (Mandiri/BRI/BNI etc), and open a Hajj savings account. Once the amount in the account reaches Rp 25 mil (of the approx Rp 35 mil total), you will be issued a queue number. Due to high demand, the waiting time is at least 5 years now.

With queue number in hand, you go to the nearest Departement Agama, and register for Hajj.

Comment

as i know from some friends, if you want to get shorter line, ONH plus package ( or the plus plus .. ) is one of the alternative 3 years ago my friend took the plus plus package, they paid 90 mio/person. all 5 stars hotel, 2 jug of zam zam water, no queuing line at entering mina etc. their trip is also shorter.. 12 days if not mistaken
        dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

Thanks for all the info.
          Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Couldn't someone just go without telling everybody else until they returned? Go to Singapore and get on a flight to Saudi.
            [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

My wife and i paid to send my MIL to Haj about six years ago and the price was 25 million rupiah. There were some plus plus elements that my SIL and her hubby picked up and that was about another eight million rupiah. For that my MIL got to go with a group of her mates that all flew together (all wore the same clothes) and all stayed in the same 4 star hotel. She said it was very nice and enjoyed the time she spent there. We were going to send her again for Umroh the other year (2012) and that worked out a lt cheaper but unfortunately her ill health prevented it.

Comment

Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
                Couldn't someone just go without telling everybody else until they returned? Go to Singapore and get on a flight to Saudi.
                No because Saudi Arabia doesnt accept unaccompanied females - there was a recent case i read about when i was in Kuwait about saudi authorities holding a bunch of Somalian pilgrims in custody as they were not escourted by a male.

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                  No because Saudi Arabia doesnt accept unaccompanied females - there was a recent case i read about when i was in Kuwait about saudi authorities holding a bunch of Somalian pilgrims in custody as they were not escourted by a male.
                  So, a couple could go with no problems?
                  [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Every country has their own quotas, at approximately 0.1% of their Muslim population. Its just that in some countries demand is so low, that the quota does no fill up. Only agents approved by the Saudi government have the ability to facilitate a Hajj visa (which is different from just a regular visa to go to SA). Also, you are required to be a resident of the country you are applying from, specifically because of the quota issue.

So even in Singapore (assuming Singaporean PR/Citizenship), they will be required to go through an approved agent, and be subject to Singapore's quota.

Comment

uhm never heard about it, but my friends, 4 women went umroh and it's fine 2 years ago.
                      Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                      dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

So, a couple could go with no problems?
                        Dont know - i have only ever been to KSA alone

Comment

Umroh is way cheaper, but less "status" when the person returns as "haji kecil". Batam is a big launching pad for official haji groups and there are agents there. I had the card for one some years ago, but ditched it. Perhaps you can have a friend or fellow forum member in Batam ask around.

Also, the longer you stay, the cheaper the official fee is -- the high rate is for people who get accommodations that are actually in Mecca (not a suburb) and want to minimize their "vacation" time to the amount required for the Haj. Low rates for official haj packages have you arrive a week early, leave a week after the event.

Comment

Working...
                          X