Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can we become a super mom/dad for our kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can we become a super mom/dad for our kids?

Hi parents,
    How do you think about being a super mom/dad? How can we achive this point? Are you a super mom/dad for your kids?
    I remember one of my relatives when I was a child. He never talking with his kids or playing. He just bought them lots of expensive toys and cloths. In his imagination he was a super dad because he was working hard to earn more money but kids didn't like him. I think if kids don't like to talk with parents or prefer to spend more time with toys and TV rather than parents there should be a problem with parents.
    I have an aunt whose children remembers her only when they are hungry and she spends most of the time in the kitchen. In her mind she is a super mom because she tries to keep children satisfied with their food.
    I spend all my Friday afternoon with my elder daughter. We go to shopping malls with play areas and book stores.I never cancel this plan. She says Friday is my lucky day!
    What about you? What are you doing to be a super mom/dad?Let's share our ideas and learn from eachother how to improve our relationship with our lovely kids.
    "Life is the thought of smelling flowers on the soil of another planet." Sohrab Sepehri

We're not super mom/dad neither we know how to become super ...
    What we have been doing so far is just to spend our time together as much as we can, though we have to compromise our career, provide the best support that they need, and we know when we have to say say NO - without compromise.
    We take the time to check them before they sleep, we always spend our holiday together, mostly back to the nature - so they appreciate and love the nature.
    We bring them to the real life of most people in Indonesia live. I'm happy they don't complain we stayed at basic accommodation with no AC, no hot water, no TV and electricity at night only, and they still want to come back again. We celebrated their birthday at orphanage house.
    If you want to know them more, here are their blogs:
    http://mayang.weebly.com/index.html unfortunately no good school here, so she has to live far away from us in UK. She did everything (chosing school, interview, getting student visa,go to UK, ect) practically alone herself. Our involvement is limited on finance, document and signature - that's all.
    http://melati-wisnu.blogspot.com/ we never check this site as blogspot is banned here, so she’s working with her new website http://melatiworld.com/ not finish yet. She has a dream to play in grandslam. Last month, she walked 2 km in -15C for her tennis lesson as no transportation available due to heavy snow.

Comment

I never thought that I'd be a super mom. In fact I know I have missed one or two of their progresses which I should not missed. Couple days ago, I missed their math homework, and the teacher text me to inform that. My bad.

However I’m trying my best to be a good mother, the best that I can. Be there when they need me, listen to their stories when they tell me what they did at school and after school, difficulties they faced, the naughtiness they do, and pay attention to it. Annabelle my 4 yo, told me she wants to quit math course because her class mate Brian always teases her. What I did was came to the course and told Brian just to play with her nicely. She then happily waiting for another Wednesday and Friday to have the class again, knowing that anything can be solved and her mom is on her side so long she didnt do anything wrong.

Its not easy to have a balance with the work that I have, moreover that I also need to go places and stay over nights, but thankfully I’m in a position where I can have a little, just a little flexibility whenever I need to deal with the kids’ needs, then the work will come second. My husband on the other side, I can say is a better parent than I am. Being an owner of his own company makes him very much flexible with his time. So he is the one who takes the kids to and from the school, as we cant trust any antar jemput service. And last week, he and other mothers paid a visit to my kid’s teacher, since she just have a baby, while I needed to be in Sulawesi for a project.

Anyway, being super parents is not the goals we’ve been trying to achieve in parenting, just be the best in our kids’ eyes and for them to know that they can lean on us in their younger years of growth and it really pays in happiness they show us in each and every single day, to let us know that we've done something right.
      Last edited by Alia; 15-03-12, 12:33.
      Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

One day, a mother chatted with me about her son. He said that her mother is old fashion and not cool enough. Then she tried to learn some slang words. But it didn't make her as a super mom.

I'm not yet a mother, but I teach kids. I have their parent's number so that we can communicate and discuss about their children.

For me, a super mom is a woman who shows her love to her children not by using material, but using positive and educated action.
        I smile.

Comment

Originally posted by wisnupurwanto View Post
          We're not super mom/dad neither we know how to become super ...
          What we have been doing so far is just to spend our time together as much as we can, though we have to compromise our career, provide the best support that they need, and we know when we have to say say NO - without compromise.
          We take the time to check them before they sleep, we always spend our holiday together, mostly back to the nature - so they appreciate and love the nature.
          We bring them to the real life of most people in Indonesia live. I'm happy they don't complain we stayed at basic accommodation with no AC, no hot water, no TV and electricity at night only, and they still want to come back again. We celebrated their birthday at orphanage house.
          If you want to know them more, here are their blogs:
          http://mayang.weebly.com/index.html unfortunately no good school here, so she has to live far away from us in UK. She did everything (chosing school, interview, getting student visa,go to UK, ect) practically alone herself. Our involvement is limited on finance, document and signature - that's all.
          http://melati-wisnu.blogspot.com/ we never check this site as blogspot is banned here, so she’s working with her new website http://melatiworld.com/ not finish yet. She has a dream to play in grandslam. Last month, she walked 2 km in -15C for her tennis lesson as no transportation available due to heavy snow.
          I checked their blogs. Really intresting. How can a 13 years old girl do underwater photography and diving? Amazing!I wish my little daughters be like your daughters when they grow. I am not a super mom.I just try to show my kids how much I love them. You taught them to love nature and to be independent. I think you are a super parent.
          "Life is the thought of smelling flowers on the soil of another planet." Sohrab Sepehri

Comment

Originally posted by Alia View Post
            I never thought that I'd be a super mom. In fact I know I have missed one or two of their progresses which I should not missed. Couple days ago, I missed their math homework, and the teacher text me to inform that. My bad.

However I’m trying my best to be a good mother, the best that I can. Be there when they need me, listen to their stories when they tell me what they did at school and after school, difficulties they faced, the naughtiness they do, and pay attention to it. Annabelle my 4 yo, told me she wants to quit math course because her class mate Brian always teases her. What I did was came to the course and told Brian just to play with her nicely. She then happily waiting for another Wednesday and Friday to have the class again, knowing that anything can be solved and her mom is on her side so long she didnt do anything wrong.

Its not easy to have a balance with the work that I have, moreover that I also need to go places and stay over nights, but thankfully I’m in a position where I can have a little, just a little flexibility whenever I need to deal with the kids’ needs, then the work will come second. My husband on the other side, I can say is a better parent than I am. Being an owner of his own company makes him very much flexible with his time. So he is the one who takes the kids to and from the school, as we cant trust any antar jemput service. And last week, he and other mothers paid a visit to my kid’s teacher, since she just have a baby, while I needed to be in Sulawesi for a project.

Anyway, being super parents is not the goals we’ve been trying to achieve in parenting, just be the best in our kids’ eyes and for them to know that they can lean on us in their younger years of growth and it really pays in happiness they show us in each and every single day, to let us know that we've done something right.
            I think the quality of time which we spend with kids is more important than quantity. My husband is too busy and when he comes back home at night kids always are asleep. I see how he tries to show his love and support to kids on weekends and he is more successful than me.Kids love him more than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Debora View Post
              One day, a mother chatted with me about her son. He said that her mother is old fashion and not cool enough. Then she tried to learn some slang words. But it didn't make her as a super mom.

I'm not yet a mother, but I teach kids. I have their parent's number so that we can communicate and discuss about their children.

For me, a super mom is a woman who shows her love to her children not by using material, but using positive and educated action.
              I agree about showing love to kids. As a teacher you have valuable experiences from other parents. Please share more if the kids talking about their ideal mom/dad.

Comment

I do everything for the kids dinner , Toys, when to bath them and where they go... The one thing I need to do more off is give them the time to talk to me. Chatting time where they have my ears and my heart not the food or the toys. During our chatting time I let them tell me about their friends and school and where they like to go and what they want to bring for lunch. I guess I need their help more then they need mine sometimes, Its so much easier being a mum when your child opens up to you. But as for Super MUM I would not like to give up me to be Super Mum more then often I see mothers and fathers, who do their best but still feel guilty they dont do enough. Sometime if we are happy that will make the kids happier and less stress. Be super at being YOU !

Comment

Working...
                X