Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angry birds!

Hi everybody,
    Are your children fan of Angry Birds? In my 8 years old daughter school there is a competition between kids to buy Angry bird stationary.
    For example If one of the classmates buought Angry birds glitter pen, other classmates have to buy it too! It is difficult to satisfy kids that they don't need that Angry birds stationary. My daughter has plenty of pens, pencils,markers,... from other brands but she insists stationary should be Angrry bird because all the kids have angry bird! At the begining it was not problem and I bought some angry bird stationary for her . But now she even expects any angry bird pruducts for her birthday and when I gave her a doll she didn't get happy!
    I met the teacher and she mentioned playing with angry bird stationary and toys in class decrease students's focus and class's productivity.
    How do you think about this problem? How can kids accept they don't need all Angry Bird products. Any suggestion is appreciated.
    Last edited by Mina_H; 30-01-12, 14:10. Reason: spelling
    "Life is the thought of smelling flowers on the soil of another planet." Sohrab Sepehri

i have a suggestion ya....maybe, jus let her have all the angry bird game that she wan til she get boring ya..... ..or maybe can get a her a angrybird monopoly ya.... and let her play for hours and bore her out ya...
    I'm single and available and very happy ya. http://groupbeli.com/

Comment

Why not give your child an allowance, and they can buy whatever they want with the allowance. An allowance, tied to some household work would be a great way to teach them responsibility. Otherwise, you just end up with a spoiled child, who doesn't know how to take care of themselves.
      Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

I find a simple NO, you dont need that works well after the first few tears.
        [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

btw...can buy cheap Angry Bird Monopoly here also ya....http://groupbeli.com/view.php?id=123

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
            Why not give your child an allowance, and they can buy whatever they want with the allowance. An allowance, tied to some household work would be a great way to teach them responsibility. Otherwise, you just end up with a spoiled child, who doesn't know how to take care of themselves.
            e
            Great idea. I am going to use this solution.
            "Life is the thought of smelling flowers on the soil of another planet." Sohrab Sepehri

Comment

Our son Andrew loves Angry birds and all those other games etc. I think the biggest mistake was showing him the iphone, laptop etc because he worked out how to log in and use them himself. Good luck with what ever you do

Ray
              When my wife wants my opinion, she gives it to me

Comment

Originally posted by jim69 View Post
                I find a simple NO, you dont need that works well after the first few tears.
                I have tried it. There is no tears. It is not working for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mina_H View Post
                  I have tried it. There is no tears. It is not working for me.
                  Peer pressure is very difficult. Maybe you could find something really obscure with angry birds on it, then see if the other kids still want to play if your daughter is the only one with a particular item
                  [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by miyaki View Post
                    btw...can buy cheap Angry Bird Monopoly here also ya....http://groupbeli.com/view.php?id=123
                    I am sorry miyaki, the problem is not price of stationary. I don't know my thread description is not clear or you love discount and want advertise groupbeli.com!
                    Quality of stationary and training packages/books are more important than price .

Comment

Originally posted by Mina_H View Post
                      I am sorry miyaki, the problem is not price of stationary. I don't know my thread description is not clear or you love discount and want advertise groupbeli.com!
                      Quality of stationary and training packages/books are more important than price .
                      im sorry..... i dun mean to encourage or persuade u of giving more to your kids....i might have mis-understood ur point ya...... ok maybe from my friend and boss.....he always tell his son no money ya...and everytime his son wanted to buy something...he will ask his son, IF IT A NEED OR A WANT ya....we need rice...but dun need that TOYS ya...or if that Additional stationary...which he might already have ya...and also ...he told me...kids from other school of 6 or 7 years old are already asking their dad to buy ALHARD.... Rp1,000,000,000 car and my boss reply to his son....so if ur friend father stay in a very BIG HOUSE...mus i also sell and Build one Bigger house.....

Comment

We're thinking of making an app called angry mods and replace those pigs with smug smiles with trolls. If you're interested to buy this app, please let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by miyaki View Post
                          im sorry..... i dun mean to encourage or persuade u of giving more to your kids....i might have mis-understood ur point ya...... ok maybe from my friend and boss.....he always tell his son no money ya...and everytime his son wanted to buy something...he will ask his son, IF IT A NEED OR A WANT ya....we need rice...but dun need that TOYS ya...or if that Additional stationary...which he might already have ya...and also ...he told me...kids from other school of 6 or 7 years old are already asking their dad to buy ALHARD.... Rp1,000,000,000 car and my boss reply to his son....so if ur friend father stay in a very BIG HOUSE...mus i also sell and Build one Bigger house.....
                          No problem at all. By the way I don't like to be like your boss. Kids need toys to improve their imagination, creativity and not spending much time in front of T.V. I want to teach my daughter she should not waste money and buy something that she already has. I think rice and toys are not comparable. Even our grandparents have their simple but lovely toys. Human needs pyramid can show the different levels of rice and toys. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow'...archy_of_needs

Comment

and you expect her to understand that....................lol

Comment

Ah, that's one thing that I most certainly don't miss about Indonesia: fads and lemming-like adherence to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X