Maid and Driver's Salary for 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
    Yes, my wife has become very tuned into the bule-effect. When shopping the pasar for bargainable clothing, shoes, and accessories, I am not allowed to tag along.
    I think our wives must be twins because mine thinks the same way..hahaha

Ray
    When my wife wants my opinion, she gives it to me

Comment

Maid Rp 500,000,- working everyday only approx 2 hours per day. But he always available on call during working hours.
      Driver provide by company, just a little bit tip.
      life is simple, eat, sleep, fly.

Comment

Our maid is paid 800,000 rp plus 200,000 rp transport allowance per month and driver is 1 juta per month plus food allowance 35,000 rp per day

Comment

Bumping this up please.......

Do we hire the driver with the car or do we have to provide the car?

Where can we find good, reliable drivers and housekeepers?

Thanks!

-- moving to Jakarta in March!! :-)

Comment

We paid our maid Rp 900,000 for 7 hours work (4 in the morning + 3 in the afternoon). No other allowances. If for any reason she does work other than the routine one (like there are guests, or I have a party) i pay extra (20000 to 50000) depending on the situation. She does not know any English, no special skills; faithfully replicates the work I train her in.
            We do not have a driver any more, but when we had, the structure of salary was about 1million base salary plus some daily allowance say, Rp25000 plus overtime by the hour if ha waits beyond 6p.m. Mon-Fri, 12noon sat or comes on sunday.
            Companies like Blue Bird rent out a vehicle or a vehicle and driver. If driver is hired from the car rental company, he will be definitely expensive; but in all likeliness KITAS verified and a little more reliable.

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by mtml888 View Post

Thanks!

Check if the company will provide a car and driver first.
              You can hire car and driver but it is expensive. If you need to hire a car, better to either hire it without driver and then find a driver yourself, or find a driver and let him find a car. The only possible drawback of the second option is that the driver may be making a little profit on the side.

As for houskeeper, it depends what you want, live in or live out. There are many on here, and if you check out the "upper crust" by sending a mail to [email protected], ask to be added to her mailing list. It is a food company, but they have a classified section at the end of thier advert. It is very useful for ex-pats as when people are leaving the country they try to find work for there staff. Good reccomendations.
              [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

available driver

Originally posted by mtml888 View Post

Thanks!

Hi,
                my brother is driver which has 8 years experience, now he is free and looking for job.
                you may contact me +628999333317 or [email protected], so I can share his CV (if interested).
                Thanks,
                Isure

Comment

Originally posted by br14nok
                  there is a good transportation service :

private transportation service

we provide a safe, private, comfort transport service :
                  - transfer in/out airport
                  - city tour
                  - business/leisure occasion short or long term
                  - available overtime and night

bmw 5 series (silver)
                  another car available by request

by appointment only +628557816168 or [email protected]

post it here, post it there, post it every flipping where.
                  [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

Sometimes the recommendations are good on the Upper Crust classifieds. I notice many people not providing their contact details even though they're recommending their staff for employment. If the staff are good they should make themselves available for further info. I also notice a few recommendations appear to be written by the staff members themselves if the poor English and grammar is anything to go by.

Comment

live-in maid, 6days/week, 2 weeks paid holiday on Christmas, basic English, we pay Rp 1,600,000, plus 200,000 food allowance. Additionally, we provide oil, rice, tee, coffee, sugar. She takes care of the whole house (4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 floors), also cleans garage, front yard and the street in front of the house, can cook.

Comment

I am shocked to see how high some of you guys are paying your maids!!! As far as I know, the starting salary for a fresh graduate with a full four year bachelor degree in Indonesia range from Rp. 1.5 mill to Rp. 2.5 mill. What Mattyboy43 and waarmstrong are paying would be exactly how much I would pay our live-in maids and driver when we finally move to Indonesia.

waarmstrong, deviray50 my husband actually haggle better than I do. I am horrible, I tend to feel sorry for the seller as silly as it sounds! But his trick is always start with half whatever the asking price is. Or even 1/3.
                        living to the fullest @

Comment

Originally posted by Kedua View Post
                          I also notice a few recommendations appear to be written by the staff members themselves if the poor English and grammar is anything to go by.
                          Not all expats are native speakers of English. Some are French, Italian, German, Dutch, or other nationalities. I would not discount a post on the Upper Crust just because the English is poor. I do, however, always insist on verifiable references. In this internet era, there is no reason that past employers should not be reachable by e-mail. I agree with you that if they are not willing to do that, they are not really recommending the staff person very highly.

Comment

Maid Salary

We live out in the wilds of Sumatra. We're empty nesters....just the wife and I....and have been living here almost three years. We hired a full time maid when we got here. The norm is they work six days per week 8-10 hours per day. They all generally live outside. she does laundry, house cleaning, dealing with repair people, and makes lunch if we want. We quickly came to the conclusion that there is not enough work for her full time, and we rather enjoy our privacy. So we only have her come in for three or four hours Monday through Friday and then we don't want to see her around the house. She is good about working the off hours when a repairman is here or the very infrequent dinner party. She speaks English and is very good.

That said, we have continued to be generous and pay her like she is full time at 1.7juta per month. This seems to be on par with what Jakartans are paying their full time help from what I am reading here. The construction workers who work long days, six days per week, don't make a whole lot more.

Still my maid complains that she needs more money. I can understand that fully. I don't know how they do it on $170 per month, but most people around here seem to be able to do it on a lot less. The 'market' won't support a higher wage structure. Indonesian families pay theirs a lot less for a lot more work. That's a tough part about being an expat. Its hard not feeling compassion, however we shouldn't overly distort the wage scale and we can't help everyone in this country that needs money .... And most everyone truly does. I tell my maid that if she can find someone else who will pay her more, go for it and I will pay her the leaving bonus and wish her well.

Comment

Originally posted by Exdurian View Post
                              We live out in the wilds of Sumatra. ......
                              That said, we have continued to be generous and pay her like she is full time at 1.7juta per month. This seems to be on par with what Jakartans are paying their full time help from what I am reading here. The construction workers who work long days, six days per week, don't make a whole lot more.

Still my maid complains that she needs more money. I can understand that fully. I don't know how they do it on $170 per month, but most people around here seem to be able to do it on a lot less. The 'market' won't support a higher wage structure. Indonesian families pay theirs a lot less for a lot more work. That's a tough part about being an expat. Its hard not feeling compassion, however we shouldn't overly distort the wage scale and we can't help everyone in this country that needs money .... And most everyone truly does. I tell my maid that if she can find someone else who will pay her more, go for it and I will pay her the leaving bonus and wish her well.
                              A mid-range salary for maids in Jakarta, working for expats is base Rp.1.5-1.7 plus allowances food, travel, mobile which can bring them up to Rp.2mil+ You're maid with a job working for expats in Sumatra is on a very, very, good wicket. She's pushing it quite a bit asking for more! She probably has some family pressure - someone telling her to get more money. She wouldn't be the first hard working maid with freeloading relatives.
                              Last edited by Kedua; 05-10-12, 13:48. Reason: spell check

Comment

so far i know is.
                                a live in maid first 3 month are Rp.500.000,-
                                then next 3 month are Rp.600.000,-
                                then if the maid stay on it will be Rp.800.000,- per month.

and we buy them a separate vegetables and meat for them.

as for Driver i pay them daily, per day around Rp.50.000 if he work from 6am to 6pm
                                if work overtime i add another Rp.50.000.

none of them speak english, maybe a simple english like, go, stop, mall name, airports, home, and so on.

Comment

Working...
                                X