No announcement yet.

Maid and Driver's Salary for 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We just fired the previous live-out 6 days/week pembantu (1.0jt/mth) because her boyfriend was having blazing arguments with her outside our front gate, which apparently brings shame on our family (!). Anyway we found a new one from the kampung, same wages but live in. She gets free food so I guess it's a good deal for her. She's a relative of another family member's pembantu.

Comment

• Latest update: My recent interviewed Nanny applicant is asking Rp2.6 MIllion stay out 5.5 a week job. We thought that's expensive considering average entry level job now is only Rp2.4million. I think we could be give a reasonable 1.6million for an experienced stay-out Nanny starting salary and 1.4million for stay-in.

Are we having wrong expectation or non-adjusted inflation rate? Its 30 hours away to MOnday and we dont have new nanny yet. =(

Any help out here? me and my wife, are getting stressed!
      "The past cannot be changed,
      the future is still in your power."

Comment

• what price you value for safe care for your children?
        if 200,000rp a month is a big deal then keep trying to find a nanny

pay peanuts, get monkeys i am afraid

Comment

• sigh* If money is not an issue ...but we can only give our child the best what we can afford. How could you pay someone with out guaranteed result. In typical employment practice there is a probationary period and see if a raise is worth it for the asking price. I havent check the recent pay average for Jakarta Nanny but even our referring friends was dissapointed on the asking rate of theone we interviewed yesterday.
          When in fact we gave reasonable rate of IDR 1million on previous Nanny who resigned due to decision to be fulltime wife (and get pregnant)..we are open to negotiate as high as 1.5Million.
          Yes we are an expats but we have different rate scale from our colleagues on other hemisphere.
          I can give cheese but not expecting rats pardon the pun.
          Last edited by saigon; 02-02-14, 22:36.

Comment

• Finding a reliable nanny can be tough. Unless the nanny has a degree, or very special training, I'd say 2.6 jt is way too high for the market.

Have you checked this forum, or Uppercrust?

You might want to be careful calling people rats, even in jest.
            Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
              Finding a reliable nanny can be tough. Unless the nanny has a degree, or very special training, I'd say 2.6 jt is way too high for the market.

Have you checked this forum, or Uppercrust?

You might want to be careful calling people rats, even in jest.
              Pardon it was pun intended (and figure of speech)after someone replied "pay peanuts get monkeys"...
              Again if money is no problem (and immigration law) Iwould get a Nanny all the way from Russia. Offering those mail bride order a better deal might uplift their dreams. (oops is that a racist remarks?)

Latest update, the applicant eventually settled for IDR 2Million and will start tomorrow. 5 days work live-in with 2 days off(was it a bad deal?). I still think it only favored one party but I can moved on for a while and have time to see a better Nanny before the upcoming Nanny abandoned us (for greener pasture).
              Last edited by saigon; 02-02-14, 21:34.

Comment

• Originally posted by saigon View Post
                sigh* If money is not an issue ...but we can only give our child the best what we can afford. How could you pay someone with out guaranteed result. In typical employment practice there is a probationary period and see if a raise is worth it for the asking price. I havent check the recent pay average for Jakarta Nanny but even our referring friends was dissapointed on the asking rate of theone we interviewed yesterday.
                When in fact we gave reasonable rate of IDR 1million on previous Nanny who resigned due to decision to be fulltime wife (and get pregnant)..we are open to negotiate as high as 1.5Million.
                Yes we are an expats but we have different rate scale from our colleagues on other hemisphere.
                I can give cheese but not expecting rats pardon the pun.
                If money was an issue and you want to only give your children what you can afford then you are not putting your children fist. The best care you can afford and what would be best for the children would be for one of the parents to stay home and nurture them in their family ways in lew of dumping their upbringing on someone else with different ideas. If you want your children reared within the Indonesian culture then by all means, do what you are doing. If so you have paid way to much for a live in.
                [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by saigon View Post
                  Pardon it was pun intended (and figure of speech)after someone replied "pay peanuts get monkeys"...
                  Again if money is no problem (and immigration law) Iwould get a Nanny all the way from Russia. Offering those mail bride order a better deal might uplift their dreams. (oops is that a racist remarks?)

Latest update, the applicant eventually settled for IDR 2Million and will start tomorrow. 5 days work live-in with 2 days off(was it a bad deal?). I still think it only favored one party but I can moved on for a while and have time to see a better Nanny before the upcoming Nanny abandoned us (for greener pasture).

Why do you say that when the minimum wage is around 2.4 per week? Do you think someone cleaning up after you and looking after kids, 5 days a week, is worth less than that?

Comment

• Originally posted by gerrardtorres View Post
                    Why do you say that when the minimum wage is around 2.4 per week? Do you think someone cleaning up after you and looking after kids, 5 days a week, is worth less than that?
                    You certainly mean per month, don't you?

Comment

• if you pay peanuts you may get monkeys, but if you pay cashew nuts you may also get monkeys. The quality of nut does not necessarily bear a relation to the type of mammal you receive.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                        You certainly mean per month, don't you?

Yep, sorry about the error - a month. Eyes like a hawk Atlantis...

Comment

• Originally posted by brownie View Post
                          poor maid and driver who work for you.. I feel sorry for them.
                          Well, that is the truth by so far as i know.
                          i did feel sorry for them too.. and as this rates are not called by me, this are from their agents.
                          well ofcourse u got to pay 500k-1.5million to the agents for getting a maid, and they even give you a warranty "O_o"

Originally posted by Kedua View Post
                          I understand that "abokz" has complained to the moderator regarding my recent comments on this thread. I wasn't stereotyping abokz, it's unfortunate you have taken offence. It's a reality that Indonesian domestic staff have the expectation that expats will pay them more - especially in Jakarta. Expats would not find "experienced" staff willing to work for them at the salary levels you have mentioned you pay - and as most expats look for domestic staff who have prior experience working for expats...
                          hUm.., as far as i know, I am not that pathetic to complain about any critics that i may recieve, unfortunately you feel bad for your own, as i never feel offended or anything.
                          let me get clear for you.
                          currently i have 3 maids working for me. their ages aroung 23-27's
                          their current Salary are 1.3milion per month per person, lived in i have 3 separate small for each of them to sleep and acomodate them self.
                          i have a kitchen and a multifucntion room for them to do their job, and they prepare their own dishes. own refrigerator, stove, washing machine and even a dryer.
                          they clean 5 bedrooms, living room and kitchen with a dishwasher machine.

they worked at PT (overseas maid in Malaysia and Hongkong before)
                          i know compared to the salary they got overseas are so much different.

Originally posted by jim69 View Post
                          I fully agree with your salary scale above.
                          We pay about the same, but we do not buy separate food, the girls eat what we eat, we even took them to Hanamasa last night, as they had been working very hard (we moved house last weekend).
                          A simple girl, 17-18 with no education, no English, getting about 800 a month is happy, we also put some pulsar on their phone. As I have said before if they stay for over 3 years, I will put them through "package C" to give them the equivalent of high school certificate. They get the bonus at Lebarran and the promise of school should be enough to bring them back.
                          i'm sorry but its not like you think of it when i say i buy them a separate food, what i meant is i prepare one refrigerator for them as i know the majority of the maids will be muslim, i have a consideration as i am Chinese and i stock piled quite alot of "Babi Meat" or Pork which is Not Halal for them. so this is the way i Respect their believe, buy buying them a Separate Meat like Chicken, Beefs, and so on. i never ask them to cook my dishes as it contains pork.

you are so generously kind, sincere applause for you, anyway every lebaran I gave them 2 months salary for them and gave them new clothes and some cakes for their families at home.

Comment

• Well,I know I shouldn't write this thing here..but I need a job as a Nanny now..doesn't matter if u need my help to do some house chores but I can't handle it all the time without ur own other householder. I can't speak English well but at least we can communicate as well. Please PM for further information..P.S : I'm currently work as a Governess semi Nanny for American family now n resign as soon as possible after my boss comeback from US.. thanks,

warmest regards,Mega

Comment

• Originally posted by MegaPolite View Post
                              Well,I know I shouldn't write this thing here...

Mega , not many interested people will read this post of yours here . I would suggest you to make a new thread at "JOB SEEKERS" , "Indonesians Seeking Employment" .

Besides that you can also check the channel "Household Staff" to see if somebody is looking for helpers .

Comment

• Thanks,Mark.. U r absolutely right. The other reason is this post was so old.. But,I'm glad to be here n meet so many awesome employers and yeah maybe I find my luck if one of them need a staff. Thanks a lot for ur suggest,Mark. God Bless

Comment

Working...
                                X