No announcement yet.

Maid and Driver's Salary for 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure he would have remembered you. On second thought, probably not.

Comment

• I think he was actually holding up well untill he called his wife 'Jane'. I believe that was the last time he was seen in public....
      Just because you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town!

Comment

• Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
        Name dropping usually works best if you pick living celebrities.
        No living 'celebrities' worth meeting
        "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Not picking celebrities who trail a reputation for corruption, nepotism and gross human rights abuses also help.

Comment

• Originally posted by lantern View Post
            No living 'celebrities' worth meeting
            "I sing seriously to my mom on the phone. To put her to sleep, I have to sing 'Maria' from West Side Story. When I hear her snoring, I hand up.

....Adam Sandler
            Just because you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town!

Comment

I saw Bob Crane's last performance. Does that count?

And I talked with Adam West on a flight a few years back.
              Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

• Ha, Tihzo will be jealous.

Now that is real nostalgia (jeugdsentiment).

I had a Batmobile that could shoot small rockets...
                [FONT=arial black]
                [/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by nd_eric_77 View Post
                  You might be surprised how price-sensitive the market for PRTs is among local middle-class workers. My coworkers pay an average of around 800.000 / month for live-in, and I have heard several of them say that if the price were to double, they would simply switch from being two-income families to just single-income families. The expat population is a very very small fraction of the total number of people employing PRTs. If the DPR passes a maid regulation, I could envision a growing market for inexpensive locally manufactured electric dishwashing machines.
                  You make a good point. And it's not only in the middle class where the hits would be. Some wealthier (Chinese) acquaintances have 3-4 maids. And 3 drivers, a gardener and 1 nanny per (grand)child of course. Quite amazing. Anyway, when I asked them what the increase and control of minimum wage and more scrutiny on age etc. could mean for them, they bluntly said; well, then we'll have to fire some.

That's what you get of course when you only change certain parts of labor laws and not the complete picture including employee protection.
                  [FONT=arial black]
                  [/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by Howie View Post

Now the comments continue with the thought that the wealthy always abuse those of lesser income. ....to the extent that one has suggested this 'abuse' will lead to revolution.
                    I think that would be the exact image of class warfare.
                    and there appears to be a real pack mentality about it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                      I saw Bob Crane's last performance. Does that count?

And I talked with Adam West on a flight a few years back.

That depends. Was it from Bob's private collection?

Comment

• Hey,

As this is now 2013, nearing 2014, I though I'd update our situation.

Luckily, and happily, we still have the same nanny/maid that I had stated earlier about way, way, way before in this thread.

Her salary has gone up to:

* 2.2 juta per month
                        * medical is still one month's salary.
                        * hours are from 06:30 to 16:00
                        * overtime is, I think, 15,000 per hour
                        * No weekends
                        * Live out

she has had from us over the last year:

* a nearly brand new coffee table - my daughter tripped and cracked her chin open on the edge, so it went..
                        * a reasonably old but still functioning and clean sofa bed
                        * a 1 year old double bed mattress
                        * various second-hand bags, clothes etc when the missus has done her spring cleaning

All is well, the house is spotless, the kids well fed and happy, and it is nice to come home in the evening. I think she has taken 1 day off all year sick, and on another occasion brought her young son to work a couple times.

All in all, very happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howie View Post
                          That depends. Was it from Bob's private collection?
                          Public performance, not his "private" stuff. I was 12-13 at the time.
                          Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

• Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                            I agree with the above estimates. We pay our pembantu Rp 1.7 million flat rate for 5.5 days/week. No transport or food allowance. If they work on a holiday (totally up to them), they get an extra Rp 50,000 for the day. I don't know if our maids speak English or not; it isn't a requirement for working at our house.
                            Could you convert to USD and if that range still applies now in 2014 or price boosted ?

Comment

• www.xe.com is your friend

or 12,000rp is $1
                              or 10 if you want to calculate easily
                              so around $170 - $200 per month
                              and $5 a day

Comment

• Nice to know all the above tales and experiences...looks like I got lot of catching up to do:

Our nanny receives 1juta, stay out 5 x week job... she has no experience but trust worthy knowing her and her husband over the years before me and my wife got married. Unfortunately our Nanny wanted to be a full time wife to her ever child-in-man's body hubby. We are looking for a new one, we are about to interview this week a 1.3juta stay-out 6 days a week experienced Nanny but conscious about the trustworthiness issue.
                                Last edited by saigon; 29-01-14, 21:51.
                                "The past cannot be changed,
                                the future is still in your power."

Comment

Working...
                                X