No announcement yet.

Maid and Driver's Salary for 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are you to compare yourself to Princess Diana.

Would love to see your record on human rights, how much you have done to get rid of landmines. How many sick and dying children you have visited.

Please give us a list so we can see how wonderful a person you are. If not then remove that comparison.
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
      I assume I employ an adult and pay salary. She/he needs to look after herself when hungry. She/he cooks the meal for family 3 times a day, than she/he should be eating 3 times a day too...

What equally that you are saying here? sitting together in veranda having vodka orange together? I wear tank top, and she wears tank top and hot pants with red dyed hair around the house?

Btw, did Princess Di butler having his dinner at the same table as her? Hey, I ain't no Princess but I should be treated equally ...
      Originally posted by jim69 View Post
      Who are you to compare yourself to Princess Diana.

Would love to see your record on human rights, how much you have done to get rid of landmines. How many sick and dying children you have visited.

Please give us a list so we can see how wonderful a person you are. If not then remove that comparison.
      Yeah I agree with you Jim on this one. But her comparison to Diana points out the crux of the problem. All plebs, who successfully move upward within the scale of social mobility, tend to adopt feudalist view of society in order to strengthen their stratum. Empowered by their wealth, this nouveau riche class denies their historical position with which their social mobility is located. This denial is clearly demonstrated by their treatment of the lower class.

Comment

• This thread has jumped the shark.
        Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
          This thread has jumped the shark.
          It has. But some of the posts were moved from a different thread to this one.

Comment

• You hit the nail on the head Pony, nouveau riche.

Nearly always the same, class jumpers with no class.
            Last edited by jim69; 29-10-12, 11:57.
            [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by jim69 View Post
              You hit the nail on the head Pony, nouveau riche.

Nearly always the dame, class jumpers with no class.
              Classy post.
              "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Thank you

Comment

• The Nouveau Riche

Originally posted by jim69 View Post
                  Who are you to compare yourself to Princess Diana.

Aaaah Jim... Do I really need to show the list to you?

Btw, this Nouveau Riche was born and brought up with maids, gardeners and drivers... just like most of the Indonesians.

ps : I am a bit busy.. but I will reply in better manner soon.

Comment

• Looking forward to it.

Just remember that a comparison to Princess Di, is not a good one.

Use a different comparison then I have no problem, but if you had ever met her, you would have felt something very special by that Lady. I dont think you can really compare yourself to her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
                      ...... Btw, this Nouveau Riche was born and brought up with maids, gardeners and drivers... just like most of the Indonesians.
                      Run that past me again ? Or no, better still run it past "most of the Indonesians". I don't think this is the reality.
                      Last edited by john madden; 30-10-12, 18:37. Reason: less harsh

Comment

• Originally posted by john madden View Post
                        Run that past me again ? Or no, better still run it past "most of the Indonesians". I don't think this is the reality.
                        I thought the same thing John.
                        It's almost as good as the comment a bubble living Aussie I worked with in Medan made that only 10% of Indonesian's are poor!
                        To which someone answered yes and the rest are even poorer. Idiot. Some people need to get out of their bubbles and into the real Indonesia.
                        Last edited by john madden; 30-10-12, 18:38. Reason: reflect edited quote
                        The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by jim69 View Post
                          Looking forward to it.

Just remember that a comparison to Princess Di, is not a good one.

Use a different comparison then I have no problem, but if you had ever met her, you would have felt something very special by that Lady. I dont think you can really compare yourself to her.
                          Originally posted by john madden View Post
                          Run that past me again ? Or no, better still run it past "most of the Indonesians". What a load of blinkered rubbish you talk.
                          Yep, now she compares herself to 'most of the Indonesians' (sic). If the average wage of gardener, maid and driver in Indonesia is about AUS 50 dollar, then a family needs to spend at least AUS 150 dollar per month. In what year was the average income of Indonesian people was more than AUS 350 dollar/month?

Comment

• Class warfare at it's best. It seems some will always find the wealthy morally corrupt for paying those who are willing to serve them.
                            Just because you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town!

Comment

• Originally posted by ponyexpress View Post
                              ... revolution could start with a roast chicken.

Kind of The Jakarta Rotisserie Chicken Party?
                              "Science is the philosophy of discovery. Intelligent design is a philosophy of ignorance"

Comment

• Originally posted by Howie View Post
                                Class warfare at it's best. It seems some will always find the wealthy morally corrupt for paying those who are willing to serve them.
                                Don't recall any such implication - there's been to and fro over wage levels but I don't think anyone wants to deny work to those who need it or assistance to those who can afford it.

Comment

Working...
                                X