Looking for suggestions on settling in Jakarta with our 9 month old daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skd2008 View Post
    Hi Bluesky...I just moved from Tasmania with my baby girl (1.5 yrs old) and aussie born hubby..I am of Indian origin. ....am hoping to start a playgroup...currently living in Pejaten....let me know in case you live in this area and would liek to organise a play date
    Hello there... we are moving to Jakarta from Tassie in July 2012..... We are also going to be in Pejaten! Maybe you can give me some advice ....my little girl is 14 mths and my son is 5 years..... Did you bring a car seat with you? do you own your own car? are you still in Pejaten.... we will be there for the first 3 months as i am working at AIS, and my hubby will be a stay at home dad initially. I have so many questions....most probably wont be answered till we get there, but the car seat one is really worrying me! Any advice would be great!!

Comment

Hi dylblack,

We moved in from Norway a month ago with about the same age as you, and we brought our own car seat. We have not regretted this, but on the other hand we have not searched the shops for car seats as this was not necessary. The traffic here is quite aggressive, so having your baby girl in a car seat is at least a small insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by dylblack View Post
        Hello there... we are moving to Jakarta from Tassie in July 2012..... We are also going to be in Pejaten! Maybe you can give me some advice ....my little girl is 14 mths and my son is 5 years..... Did you bring a car seat with you? do you own your own car? are you still in Pejaten.... we will be there for the first 3 months as i am working at AIS, and my hubby will be a stay at home dad initially. I have so many questions....most probably wont be answered till we get there, but the car seat one is really worrying me! Any advice would be great!!
        You can buy good quality CE marked car seats here. You really should use one. We have a 3 week old girl and I will not let her in the car without it.

The only problem is that they are quite expensive here. You can buy cheap ones, but I am not sure of the quality, and I personaly would not take that chance.

Mothercare are in all the big Malls and have European style and standard child seats.

Please feel free to ask me anything else you need.
        [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks Jim69, I am thinking of bring our seat but I have to find out if i can secrure it without the anchor..as i know cars over there genrally don't have them and we will be travelling by taxi's a fair bit i think. ...gotta do some research.
          I hope your little girl is getting big and strong and you are enojying the early months...they are so precious and pass too quickly ! Take care

Comment

I have no experience with the anchor here, I just use the seatbelt method. It works ok, as in general traffic moves very slow. If on the toll then a little faster, but the seatbelt method is good, and unless you have your own car I suspect your only option.
            Thankyou, yes our little lady is doing well, growing fast, nearly 6 weeks now. It has gone very fast, looking forward to her sleeping through the night, and becoming less demanding on my wifes time.
            [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X