Marrying a Indonesian woman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhamid View Post
    sorry to be so blunt but this has been the situation for a long time and why you see so few foreigners in Indonesia since most are only passing through or in the middle of some form of scam of one type or another due to the racism towards foreigners which is endemic in Indonesian Culture...
    What a ridiculous and offensive statement.
    Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by mhamid View Post
      hello Pak_Guest... you need to be aware that since you are not Indonesian you have very little in the way of legal rights in Indonesia - so best advice would be to not live in Indonesia but encourage your future wife to go to where you live... in this way you will have ability to own your own home, pay bills in your name and own your own motorbike etc... sorry to be so blunt but this has been the situation for a long time and why you see so few foreigners in Indonesia since most are only passing through or in the middle of some form of scam of one type or another due to the racism towards foreigners which is endemic in Indonesian Culture...
      Best thing you can do is get out of Indonesia, your comments above are so far from the truth.

You see many foreiners in Indonesia, most if not all are very happy here. Your comments are offensive.
      [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Pak_Guest View Post
        ..........But I cant find another way to get her married bec she works in a company which have a work bond with her and she cant leave her company for some years...if she does so she will have to pay a big fine which we cant afford.........
        Hi Pak_Guest....

I might not help as i don't know much about immigration stuffs, but i think i can share a thought that crossed to my mind as i read your post.

1. I see that you have a good job there in Pakistan, but if you have ALREADY DECIDED to move here, start to write yourself CV and cover letters. You can check on internet about the vacancies or try to get a help from your girlfriend to inform you about employers that suit your background and are willing to take foreign workers as their employee.

2. I dont know if you both have met each other in person or it was only through IM & cam, but...apart from that, before you decide to move to another country, it is better to visit the country first, and then decide. Migrating is not a simple thing, you need to consider and plan any details of it. Besides, it is always good to meet in person first before deciding to marry her (this is if the case is you two haven't ever met in person yet)

3. Discuss about the possibility that it is your gf the one who is going to move to your country, not you moving here. This options need patient though.....the way you guys will going to need her "contract" end first before you can be legally together under the bond of marriage. You guys can still meet up on vacation tho

We kinda have a similar problem actually, i am as well bonded in a "4 year contract" with my current employer. The difference is, i don't only ask my bf to permanently stay here, i also try (at least start to do some simple research n gain infos) on how can i move to his country and work there. Maybe you can ask your gf to do the same, at least for her reference. It won't harm her to learn something new

Marriage and migrating are both HUGE things to be decided in your life, IMHO....you and your gf need to discuss more about it before jumping into any decision.
        Above all, i wish you both GOOD LUCK!
        Last edited by ichbinnina; 05-06-12, 11:05.
        [COLOR=#ffa07a]Aim for the highest cloud so that if you miss it, you will hit a lofty mountain [/COLOR]- [COLOR=#008000]Maori proverb[/COLOR]

Comment

Hi All!
          i am Malik from Pakistan i want to marry a Indonesian woman and we truelly love each other and wanna be married asap but the problem is am totally confused about what should i do to get there.well following are my problems someone plz help.i will be very thank full.
          1.I am 20 years old and i have some savings which are about more than 4000$ is it really enough for me to get there?
          2.What type of visa should i take i can teach English pretty well there but i do'not have certain degree for it.
          3.How can she send me sponsor?
          4.Can i work there? because am going there in March/April 2013 and i heard about new laws.but totally confusing hehe
          thats all for now help plz.

Comment

1. Thai Airways flies Islamabad--Bangkok. Air Asia flies Bangkok--Jakarta via KL. I reckon airfare will run you $1000.
            2. Citizens of Pakistan are not entitled to teach English. A degree is necessary in most cases.
            3. She can sponsor you for a KITAS once and after you are legally married.
            4. No, you cannot work unless the company that hires you sponsors you for a work visit. No job, no work permit.

Comment

Thank u so much sir here are some other confusings
              1.what sponsor she should provide me for coming there?
              2.secondly how about studying in indonesia about an year and get degree of d1 and then after a year start working?

Comment

Originally posted by maliktaha View Post
                Hi All!
                i am Malik from Pakistan i want to marry a Indonesian woman and we truelly love each other and wanna be married asap but the problem is am totally confused about what should i do to get there.well following are my problems someone plz help.i will be very thank full.
                1.I am 20 years old and i have some savings which are about more than 4000$ is it really enough for me to get there?
                2.What type of visa should i take i can teach English pretty well there but i do'not have certain degree for it.
                3.How can she send me sponsor?
                4.Can i work there? because am going there in March/April 2013 and i heard about new laws.but totally confusing hehe
                thats all for now help plz.

Salam Malik Sb,

First of all your age and your saving amount not enough in my point of view but depend on girls family and in order to get answers of your all questions, please read more threads including below which is belongs to my personal experience

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...and-Indonesian

Welcome onboard hehe

Comment

Originally posted by maliktaha View Post
                  1.what sponsor she should provide me for coming there?

2.secondly how about studying in indonesia about an year and get degree of d1 and then after a year start working?
                  1. She can sponsor you for a Social Cultural Visit Visa (stay up to 180 days in Indonesia if extended 4 times) , but you cannot do any work when in Indonesia . And unfortunately you will need a "pre-approval" at the main immigration office in Jakarta (also called "Calling Visa") , before you request the visa at your country's Indonesian Embassy . You will need to have somebody in Jakarta at least to pay the fee (Rp50k) .

2. I don't think it is a reasonable plan . Unfortunately , Indonesia is not a good place for young foreign people like you . It is not enough to get just a university degree . You will not get the work permit to work legally (see ref, below) .

http://www.expat.or.id/business/jobseekers.html

Comment

Aassalam o alikum

my question is that can i do marriage with indonesian girl on Vist visa also called Tourism Visa?

reply me soon
                    THank you

Comment

Working...
                    X