Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrying a Indonesian woman

Hi everyone,
    I am from Pakistan and I am an Elevtronics engineer by profession and doing a job here . I want to marry a girl who works in Indonesia. We have decided to marry in Indonesia and my girl sujjested me to come in Indonesia and find a job there and settle. Then we can marry. Can any one help me how to get in Indonesia and can I find a job in there.How can I get a residence visa or some work permit etc. Please help me I am new in this setup and I dont know about visa,KITAS etc plzzz help me.
    One thing more,Can I get citizenship of Indonesia if I marry that Indonesian girl.Thanks before the members of this forum for helping me.

Sorry to say that I don't think it would be a good idea to do what you want . It will be very difficult to find a job in Indonesia , except if you work in a very specific area which there are no capable Indonesian or you start your own business . By marrying an Indonesian you got only the right to get a year Visa without the right to work . To get citizenship take a long time .

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
      By marrying an Indonesian you got only the right to get a year Visa without the right to work . To get citizenship take a long time .
      Ehmmmmm........Thank you so much Marcus being the first to help me at this forum...And I am also thankful for your suggestion .But I cant find another way to get her married bec she works in a company which have a work bond with her and she cant leave her company for some years...if she does so she will have to pay a big fine which we cant afford.So I must have to go there in Ind to marry her. That depends on me how I get job in there or start a business.
      By the way I didn't understand your quoted statement .Can I not work if I marry an Indonesian until one year.And if I am eligible to stay after one year when my one year visa expires? Plz clear these two point. Thanks before

Comment

I believe he means that by marrying an Indonesian, you are able to get a one year visa, which can be renewed yearly and allows you to reside in Indonesia. This visa however, does not allow you to work. To get an actual work visa you need a company to sponsor you. I may be wrong and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am but I think this is about the size of it.

Comment

Yes , Abster explained well what I meant . In addition , the marriage itself may be a good idea , but unfortunately for you , the Indonesian government makes things very difficult to any foreigner (married with Indonesian or not) to work here and because the normal salary for Indonesian engineer is very low , the situation is even worse . I believe most of foreigners working here are English teachers , very skilled people hired by big companies or foreigners having their own small business .

Comment

Hi Pak Guest .., u are from Pakistan, right ..? I hv a pakistani friend, originally from Lahore. He has been living here in Jakarta for about 15 years and has his own business. He has change his nationality to Indonesian, not because he married to an Indonesian, cos his wife is also Pakistani, but because it'll make things easier for him as an Indonesian. He speaks Indonesian as well as the real Indonesian though. I think if u stil confuse about everything for starting a new life here, u may like to contact him for further information.
            Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Putri Alia View Post
              I hv a pakistani friend, originally from Lahore. He has been living here in Jakarta for about 15 years and has his own business. I think if u stil confuse about everything for starting a new life here, u may like to contact him for further information.
              Hi Putri Alia....
              I am very very thankful to you for providing me such a good idea about starting my life in Indonesia.Please send me the contact of that Pakistani friend who lives in Indonesia.I believe that he will give me the right suggestion about my new life in Indonesia.Kindly send me his FB id or if he uses this forum then tell me his user name I will be grateful for you all of my life InshaAllah.

Comment

Have you visited Indonesia? How long have you been dating this woman?

Comment

No I haven't yet visited Indonesia.I think it started about one year before.

Comment

So, how is the progress so far? I am curious to know as I have a boyfriend too from Pakistan. If u dont mind to share me...
                    Don’t make me mad then tell me to calm down. That’s like shooting someone and then asking why they’re bleeding.

Comment

Alhamdulillah. Good wishes

Salaam Brother.

I am Indian, married an Indonesia. I first suggest that you visit your gf or fiance to know her better. It took me years to decide and relocate.

About job, getting job is extremely difficult unless you are hired by company first. I am in touch with few Pakistani Businessman interested in establishing agricultural, coal and other businesses in Indonesia. If you have good contacts, this might be the way to settle in Indonesia.

Anyways wish you best and do contact me for any queries

Comment

Mixed marriage Pak-indo

Hi Iam from Pakistan I married with indonesian girl since last ten years.
                        I applied for social visit visa for 60 days, my wife sent me sponsor letter
                        i got the visa easily and marriage performed in Indonesia. i was teaching
                        english in indonesia, now i have applied for one year visa. You cannot
                        legally work even you married to indonesian but according to new immigration
                        law foreign husband can work on residence visa but this law not yet implemented.

GHILMAN

Comment

Iam from Pakistan i met my wife on internet then i travelled to Indonesia
                          and we married there and happily married for 10 years. I travelled first
                          time on social visa now i have applied for residence visa.

GHILMAN

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                            except if you work in a very specific area which there are no capable Indonesian or you start your own business
                            Here we go................Indonesia will soon have a "Mr Patels" Corner shop in Jakarta Open all hours

Comment

Originally posted by Ismichan View Post
                              So, how is the progress so far? I am curious to know as I have a boyfriend too from Pakistan. If u dont mind to share me...
                              my friend of mine has dating with a Pakistan boy. its weird they haven't met each other,just chatting in internet and webcam.^^

Comment

Working...
                              X