Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marrying with Indo-girls as a refugee, possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrying with Indo-girls as a refugee, possible?

Hello everyone
    I just registered for this website and I read few articles regarding mixed-marriage stuff but didn't really get my answer out of them.
    To begin with, I am a Muslim refugee from Afghanistan (for safety reasons, I have to avoid revealing my name, sorry) and I've been living in Indonesia for over 3 years by far and during my stay I have met an Indonesian girl who have become my everything (even though we have never had any psychical contacts or even dates.)
    As a matter of fact, I'm still waiting for my process to get to go to a third country -which would be any of the four countries of the USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand (from the countries with the higher chance to the countries with the lower chance of approval)- I'd add.
    To be honest, I have no idea how long it takes to get to the end, especially knowing that all these regulations and laws they have change very frequently. However, the chance of not being approved by any of the four is not really believable. In other words, this'll happen sooner or later but the exact time is controversial.
    Anyway, I have plans of coming back to this country as a businessman and start investing in this country someday. Hence, I'd been thinking of having an Indonesian life partner who I could be with and make the business goals easier to achieve IYKWIM.
    A So after meeting this Muslim angel, I'm so determined to do whatever in my power to make sure we can be with each other. But unfortunately, she's a bit afraid of the process and so she's in a state she can't stay and she can't let go.
    I've read some news that any foreigner trying to marry an Indonesian girl is to pay 55,000 USD to the government as a guarantee. From the other hand, I've heard rumors that marrying a local person can be harming to the process and that the governments of the four countries would bring you to a whole lot of obstacles and challenges if you do so.
    So long story short, I'm really in desperate need of some good and reliable information on this. The most important questions are as follows:
    1). What can I ever do to have her? (should I mention her in my case and if so would it harm my resettlement? Or should I apply for marriage once I get to the third country?)
    2). Should I really pay for her if I'm to marry her? And if so can you tell me more about the costs altogether? (different cultures and different customs, right?)
    3). Is there anything I can do to gain her trust again? For instance, would it be any good to send an elder friend of mine who is an Indonesian doctor for matchmaking? Would it put her in trouble from her own family?
    One last word, she is my everything and I don't want to lose her at any cost. So I'd appreciate highly whatever you help me with. Any sort of information that I need to know to get this done, I mean.
    Thanks in advance
    Looking impatiently forward to hearing from you
    Love you so much everyone
    Have a blessed day
    Last edited by Arefugee; 09-01-18, 15:35.

Originally posted by Arefugee View Post
    (I) ... I've read some news that any foreigner trying to marry an Indonesian girl is to pay 55,000 USD to the government as a guarantee.

(II) From the other hand, I've heard rumors that marrying a local person can be harming to the process and that the governments of the four countries would bring you to a whole lot of obstacles and challenges if you do so.

1). What can I ever do to have her? (should I mention her in my case and if so would it harm my resettlement? Or should I apply for marriage once I get to the third country?)

2). Should I really pay for her if I'm to marry her? And if so can you tell me more about the costs altogether? (different cultures and different customs, right?)

3). Is there anything I can do to gain her trust again? For instance, would it be any good to send an elder friend of mine who is an Indonesian doctor for matchmaking? Would it put her in trouble from her own family? ...

(I) Not true .

(II) I don't know , but I guess it would make your process more difficult . In this Forum there were cases of Americans marrying Indonesians but USA make it difficult to the Americans to bring the Indonesian spouses to America .

1) I don't know . You could check if you can get all the documents for a marriage and also ask these people who analyze your resettlement .

2) In Indonesia you don't pay for a wife (there is a very small kind of gift , party cost , and cheap government marriage fees) . The bigger cost is probably the marriage party (but my Indonesian ex-wife told me that the money received from the guests were enough to cover the party cost) .

3) Most Muslims in Indonesian are moderate Muslims . Some couples date before marriage , so it depends on each family .

----------------------------------------

http://www.expat.or.id/info/gettingm...indonesia.html
    http://www.expat.or.id/info/mixmarriages.html
    http://www.expat.or.id/info/familylaw.html
    http://www.expat.or.id/info/marriage...lications.html
    http://www.expat.or.id/info/prenuptialagreement.html
    Last edited by marcus; 10-01-18, 11:19.

Comment

So your status is uncertain and you want to marry a girl that you havent even date before. What make you so sure she will say yes?

Comment

Working...
      X