Divorce while outside Indonesia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce while outside Indonesia

Hi, I left my abusive husband 6 years ago and returned to the UK. I need a divorce and want to know if it is possible without returning to Indonesia. I do not feel safe coming back and so if I can do it all from the UK, thatís what I should do. We have a daughter who is 11 and she is in the UK too. Any advice without judgement would be appreciated.

Originally posted by angeinuk View Post
    ... I need a divorce and want to know if it is possible without returning to Indonesia ...

I think it depends on your country's Law , if you registered the marriage in your country (supposing you married in Indonesia) , ...

If your country's Law states that you need to divorce in the country where you married , then I would suggest you to first check if you are not already divorced , because in 6 years maybe your husband/ex-husband already filed for divorce and got it (I heard that in Indonesia it is very easy for him to get the divorce in a situation like that) .

Comment

Hi, I think it would be better to visit Indonesian embassy in UK to sought advice. Secondly, If you wish to file divorce in Indonesia, you need to be here or your lawyer can help.

Comment

Working...
      X