Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married and have 2 children

Hello all,

I have had other topics explaining, my situation.
    To make it short, my wife will never support me, by sponsoring my marriage kitas. We are married officially in Indonesia as a protestant. And the children have 2 nationalities, Dutch and Indonesian.
    My children are there, and I could come with a sosio budaya visa or tourist visa. But I got limited facilities like no bank account or use of my local driving licence and I have to get out of the country.

I would like to stay in Indonesia to see my kids growing up. As far as i have researched, there is no special visa for a father to visit their children.
    I need to have a sponsor my lawyer said.

Does anyone knows if there is another way for a long term stay legally without any hassle with immigration etc?

Thanks

Danny

make a PMA (Foreign Investment Company) and get KITAS for yourself. it's a way, but not a cheap way.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny1234 View Post
      ... Does anyone knows if there is another way for a long term stay legally without any hassle with immigration etc?

Supposing you mean , getting an one year KITAS not for work and without any Indonesian family member except your kids : Retirement KITAS (for people older than 55) , Investor KITAS (don't know the minimum investment value) , Student KITAS , and Researcher KITAS .

The easiest option in my view would be the (single entry) Social Cultural/Family visit Visa (Sosbud Visa) , for up to 180 days . About bank accounts , I think it is still possible to open one without KITAS . My rural bank , for example , can open an account without KITAS (good interest rate for saving account , but neither ATM card nor internet banking) . You can also bring a recommendation letter from your country's bank , maybe you can find an Indonesian bank that accepts it + a Surat Domisili as alternative to KITAS .
      And an international driving license may be used .

http://www.expat.or.id/info/docs.html (visas/documents)

Comment

Working...
      X