how to become muslim and get married

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to become muslim and get married

[FONT=Arial][FONT=&quot]Here's what I know, with apologies for the over-broad title and a humble request for information: [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][COLOR=blue][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][COLOR=blue][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][FONT=&quot]Does anyone know market price for what you must pay KUA (Religions Affairs Office) assuming you have all documents, follow all of their rules and request no special favors?[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][FONT=&quot]

NOTE: I believe that non-mixed couples pay from Rp 800,000 to Rp 1,300,000 but surely also get extorted where possible. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][FONT=&quot]Yankees:

1) don't send invitations yet!
    2) 1-page Affidavit of Eligibility for Marriage avail on Internet; fill it out and have it notarized at Merdeka Timur for Rp 300,000
    3) have your birth certificate and that aff translated (Google BSE) for total about Rp 150,000
    4 ) if you're employer can't provide a Surat Tanda Melapor (Diri) (STM/D) (approx. date same as your start date) then go to nearest police station and they'll do a quick job of typing it up for a few bucks (it's not the same as your SKTM)
    5) you need photos (KUA will tell you size and color)
    6) finally, if the KUA near your fiancee is like ours you need to show certificate or other evidence that you're Muslim (ie, same religion as the person you'll marry).

This isn't difficult or unpleasant. Islam is a missionary religion. the difference between "us" and "them" is thin and shifting. just shove on thru. a bit stressy, like becoming a member of anything else that presumably matters and needs to be done correctly. it will be less stressful if you read about what it is that makes someone Muslim. people all over the world are Muslim. so it won't be really obvious at first. watch some videos of conversion ceremonies on utube or "How To" guides. assuming you have the good sense to choose a "liberal" mosque that has probably already converted a few bules everything's going to be smooth and even enjoyable. you may make new friends and come home with some door prizes. you'll pay less than half of what you did at the embassy. More specifically: [/FONT][/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial][FONT=&quot]it's better to not be in a huge (small is prolly OK) rush. no chamber, club or group wants to feel used. also, there's a rule within Islam against being forced into Islam. so they're going to ask a few times, why r u doing this? the right answer -- if u think about it -- is "because I think it's the right thing to do" [/FONT][/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial][FONT=&quot]choose a mosque with a comfy air-conditioned office where, on thurs, u can discuss the progress u've been making on the road to submission ; ) and schedule a return visit for Friday prayer the next day. that will be a great opportunity for you to see what goes on there on Friday (pick the right mosque and it will be quite laid back) recite/read/repeat the two-line shahadat into the mic. prepare to be congratulated. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][FONT=&quot]salam . . . [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

PS. And that's it. The 1-6 covers everything on the KUA checklist. Translate this and you'll have a picture of how KUA thinks KUA works. Seems to be a two-step. They check your docs (and you nego?) and then you come back a second time. More expensive if they to to your location (hotel) than if you go to them? Clearly if you're in a hurry u pay more. I'll post further inshallah.

Comment

Hello,

I am very happy for your decision to convert to Islam, which is our way to God's love, Eternal Paradise, and to salvation from Hellfire. The most important thing is to convert to Islam in the sight of God and that should not be delayed if you have still not done it. One you are a Muslim, then you can take care of the legal formalities. The rest of the email is on the assumption, that you still need to become a Muslim by saying the Shahadah.

In short, to convert to Islam and become a Muslim you need to pronounce with a voice that you can hear and with conviction and understanding its meaning:

I testify "La ilah illa Allah, Muhammad rasoolu Allah."

These Arabic words (called Shahada or the testimony) mean "There is no true god (deity) but God (Allah), and Muhammad is the Messenger
      (Prophet) of God."

The first part, "There is no true god but God," means that none has the right to be worshipped but God alone, and that God has neither partner nor son. The second part means that Muhammad was a true Prophet sent by God to humankind.

To be a Muslim, one should also:
      - Believe that the Holy Quran is the literal word of God, revealed by Him.
      - Believe that the Judgment Day (Resurrection Day) is true and will come, as God promised in the Quran.
      - Believe in the prophets that God sent and the books He revealed, and in His angels.
      - Accept Islam as his or her religion.
      - Not worship anything nor anyone except God.

It is that easy. You can do it now without the need to be in front of a Muslim, even though it is better so he/she may correct your pronunciation.

Once you pronounce the testimony with conviction, then you have become a Muslim. It is between you and God.

If you prefer to do it yourself, then be sure to hear the testimony at this link:
      http://www.islamreligion.com/testimony.mp3 and repeat after it.

Here are some of the benefits in converting to Islam:

The Door to Eternal Paradise
      http://www.islamreligion.com/category/102/

Salvation from Hellfire
      http://www.islamreligion.com/category/103/

Real Happiness and Inner Peace
      http://www.islamreligion.com/category/104/

Forgiveness for All Previous Sins
      http://www.islamreligion.com/category/105/

If you like, you can visit our Live Help Service (by chat) at http://www.islamreligion.com/?g which is a 1-to-1 Chat service [the chat icon is near the top-right], so that we may answer any questions/concerns you may have or help you in pronouncing the testimony correctly and converting to Islam.
      You may also email us at: [email protected] and we are there to assist you in any way we can.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best Regards,
      IslamReligion Team

Comment

^^^^^^

Nice post but, if I may, I would like to add to it.

There are worldly benefits to a 'real' conversion to Islam. The clearest for an ex over-drinking, over-sexed madman is the lack of hangovers and the almost zero chance of catching a nasty sexually transmitted disease now I've stopped doing all the naughty stuff.
        The lack of alcohol in your body also makes you feel a lot better generally and your weight tends to drop so you feel fitter.

I hope the forgiveness for old sins is correct. I have more than most, As a bad Christian, I broke 9 out of 10 commandments.

Comment

Originally posted by Mas Fred View Post
          ^^^^^^

Nice post but, if I may, I would like to add to it.

There are worldly benefits to a 'real' conversion to Islam. The clearest for an ex over-drinking, over-sexed madman is the lack of hangovers and the almost zero chance of catching a nasty sexually transmitted disease now I've stopped doing all the naughty stuff.
          The lack of alcohol in your body also makes you feel a lot better generally and your weight tends to drop so you feel fitter.

I hope the forgiveness for old sins is correct. I have more than most, As a bad Christian, I broke 9 out of 10 commandments.
          I can't say Fred, but I do know this, syphilis for example can take years to develop before it eventually attacks the Brain resulting in madness and an unpleasant death... did you have all the relevant tests after your conversion?
          IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Comment

http://menshealth.about.com/od/sexua...ilis_signs.htm

That explains the suspicious rash and my mental state.

I always expected my death to be slow and painful; do you know the lyrics to "Bat out of hell"?
            I suppose I could examine possible demises.
            Now I've flogged the bike so the crash is out of the running.
            I had an AIDS test so that limits the chances of that one.
            Maybe a truck will get me while I'm on the mountain bike.
            Heart attack while on the body would be nice but I'm getting pretty fit now.
            Earthquake is always on the cards out here.
            The state of the electrics here is dubious but I know my onions with that stuff so that's unlikely.

That leaves only a jealous husband from the past or some unknown sprog wanting revenge for the dad running away before he was born.

Comment

Nothing is stopping you from living a moderation, ethics and sobriety from the start. One need not adhere or appeal to religion, myths, ritual, and ancient texts to do that.

Comment

^^^
                True but my wife slaps me around if I look at other lasses.

Comment

and the correct answer is [COLOR="blue"]2 million[/COLOR], thanx for playing

Comment

Originally posted by IR_Team View Post
                    Here are some of the benefits in converting to Islam:

The Door to Eternal Paradise
                    http://www.islamreligion.com/category/102/...

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best Regards,
                    IslamReligion Team
                    I´d like to ask a basic question: Is the door to eternal paradise closed to all but Muslims? In other words can, say, a Buddhist or a Sikh enter and achieve eternal paradise as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
                      I´d like to ask a basic question: Is the door to eternal paradise closed to all but Muslims? In other words can, say, a Buddhist or a Sikh enter and achieve eternal paradise as well?
                      You might find the answers, help & support here: http://whyislam.org/forum/default.asp

They also have brochures that are easy to understand : http://www.whyislam.org/BrochuresOnl...7/Default.aspx (available in Spanish as well)

To read/listen to the Qur'an, check this one: http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ (available in a few languages)

Sincerely,
                      sfmom
                      Last edited by sfmom; 06-05-10, 10:20.

Comment

Islam means peace and submission to the will of God’, i.e. Islam, has always been the only acceptable religion in the court of God. For this reason, Islam is the true and natural religion. And it is the same eternal message revealed through the all of Allah’s Prophets and Messengers. The main message of all the prophets has continuously been that there is only One True God and He alone is to be worshipped. Allah says in the Holy Quran:
                        “We did not send before you (O Muhammad) any messenger but We revealed to him: ‘none has the right to be worshipped except I, therefore worship Me.’” (Quran 21:25)

Comment

Its been almost 9 years since the thread starting inquiry. Its possible the conversion and marriage events have taken place.

Comment

Being a Muslim is so Easy, You have to Read the 1st Kalma and believe that there is only one God "Allah" who is our creator and the Almighty Allah has all the powers. However Before going to Marry you have to be stable and you must have a good Job. If you're a Jobless then Please find a good Job. You can read Wazifa for job to get your desired Job. Remember me in your Prayers.

Comment

Working...
                            X